• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simmonds extended // 6yrs 23.4 mil // 4 mil cap hit

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Wayne Simmonds has agreed to 6 year extension with PHI. Not sure on precise AAV but hearing it's around $4M per year

Love this guy in black and orange

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's basically what hartnell signed when the flyers traded for him.

Flyers seem to be building a new core. Giroux, voracek, Simmonds, schenn, coots.. Coburn and grossmann.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's basically what hartnell signed when the flyers traded for him.

Flyers seem to be building a new core. Giroux, voracek, Simmonds, schenn, coots.. Coburn and grossmann.

love the fact that Harts is only 30-lots of years left.Talbot 28 and Mez 27.
good,young vets

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say I love this guy in Black and Orange

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
great move. great price for a guy whos' gonna net you 20+ goals a year as well as be a pain for other teams to play against. and his still in his early 20s. love the youth movement on forward here. giroux, voracek, coots, simmer, schenn, read..what a core of young forwards to build around.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that it is long, the money is a bit too much I would say. But I can deal with it.

I am not a huge Simmonds fan (You can not dangle), but he punched himself out of the womb wearing O&B, and I would not like playing against him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. Like 4706, I would have liked it better at 3/3.5, but it is what it is. :)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like that it is long, the money is a bit too much I would say. But I can deal with it.

I am not a huge Simmonds fan (You can not dangle), but he punched himself out of the womb wearing O&B, and I would not like playing against him.

by the 3rd year of this contract i think it will look pretty good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so mad at him when he gave Gee the concussion but over the course of the year with his goal scoring from right in front hard nose board work tireless backchecking and will stick up and fight for anyone on the team i became a big fan I'm glad we signed him

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a report out of Canada, the Flyers and Wayne Simmonds agreed to a six-year contract extension somewhere in the neighborhood of $24 million. Although this reported new extension will nearly double his salary, there is a strong possibility that with the league???s current labor uncertainty, the new deal could ultimately be worth less. For instance, the NHL???s original Collective Bargaining Agreement proposal on July 13 -- which was finally countered by the NHLPA on Tuesday in Toronto -- called for a 24-percent rollback in player salaries. So, if Simmonds signed a $24 million deal, and the NHL gets its way, his new extension is suddenly worth a little more than $18 million. The NHL has also proposed term limits on contracts of 5 years.Philadelphia Daily News

Really don't know why anyone would be signing or offering contract extensions before the CBA is settled.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a report out of Canada, the Flyers and Wayne Simmonds agreed to a six-year contract extension somewhere in the neighborhood of $24 million. Although this reported new extension will nearly double his salary, there is a strong possibility that with the league???s current labor uncertainty, the new deal could ultimately be worth less. For instance, the NHL???s original Collective Bargaining Agreement proposal on July 13 -- which was finally countered by the NHLPA on Tuesday in Toronto -- called for a 24-percent rollback in player salaries. So, if Simmonds signed a $24 million deal, and the NHL gets its way, his new extension is suddenly worth a little more than $18 million. The NHL has also proposed term limits on contracts of 5 years.Philadelphia Daily News

Really don't know why anyone would be signing or offering contract extensions before the CBA is settled.

even worse though, i think some of the owners signed the deals that they did, assuming they'd get a roll back.. which pisses me off because that means they'll fight tooth and nail until they get a roll back, which is so counter productive to 'fixing' the system.. the problem is the structure, not the amounts.. the players proposal is smart, change the structure, not the numbers.. the way its currently set up, the owners can bend the players over every time the CBA expires and ask for a bigger and bigger share of the pie

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even worse though, i think some of the owners signed the deals that they did, assuming they'd get a roll back.. which pisses me off because that means they'll fight tooth and nail until they get a roll back, which is so counter productive to 'fixing' the system.. the problem is the structure, not the amounts.. the players proposal is smart, change the structure, not the numbers.. the way its currently set up, the owners can bend the players over every time the CBA expires and ask for a bigger and bigger share of the pie

+1000000000