• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Signs of a solid team from a fan perspective

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams that are actually solid, the fan base gets to this time of year and wonders....

Who is my team going to cut in order to make it down to 53 men. there will be some guys that some fans will be sorry to see go.

Non solid teams have a fan base that wonders, who might get cut from another team a week before the season starts that would be an upgrade to what we already have on roster.

I think the fact that we arent really watching the waiver wire says alot about where we feel we are as a team.

Carry on. :)

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post. This is my first year really posting anything. I usually just read post on ESPN and to see all the crap that went on, was not worth my time. I took a couple of weeks for me to get going, but I have had some great debates on other teams sights and you are right, this is the first year I have not seen threads on our board about other teams cuts. I feel real good that we have our 53 man roster at practice today and we do not need to throw anyone in that mix. The only spot might be OL, but is anyone going to be cut that would be an upgrade. I do not think so. I think we are ready to get it on this year and with a little luck we should be in the playoffs again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post. This is my first year really posting anything. I usually just read post on ESPN and to see all the crap that went on, was not worth my time. I took a couple of weeks for me to get going, but I have had some great debates on other teams sights and you are right, this is the first year I have not seen threads on our board about other teams cuts. I feel real good that we have our 53 man roster at practice today and we do not need to throw anyone in that mix. The only spot might be OL, but is anyone going to be cut that would be an upgrade. I do not think so. I think we are ready to get it on this year and with a little luck we should be in the playoffs again.

that stuff that went on at espn should never have gone on and with proper moderation it wouldnt have

i liked the main guys who moved over here because they cared about redskins football
the other trolls and fakes i could care less about

i like how this forum has turned out to be . no foolishness etc

now i think the roster has turned greatly upward and the front office has a plan . i am excited about this team and what it could be

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The site is a lot better than the ESPN site. I never liked all the trolling from either side.

Not too long ago so many were saying Shanahan and his son suck, Haslett sucks etc. etc. They inherited a team that was either old or selfish. They had to completely rebuild. They had to change the culture of the team. Going into their 4th year the talent has improved, the mindset of the players has improved and competition and depth abound.

We used to pick up players from bad teams, now we cut players and they sign with bad teams. Most important of all we don't spend way too much for way too little in free agency.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The site is a lot better than the ESPN site. I never liked all the trolling from either side.

Not too long ago so many were saying Shanahan and his son suck, Haslett sucks etc. etc. They inherited a team that was either old or selfish. They had to completely rebuild. They had to change the culture of the team. Going into their 4th year the talent has improved, the mindset of the players has improved and competition and depth abound.

We used to pick up players from bad teams, now we cut players and they sign with bad teams. Most important of all we don't spend way too much for way too little in free agency.

Think about next off season. We can add peices and fill some holes a lot easier. Chance to make that next big step as a team

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about next off season. We can add peices and fill some holes a lot easier. Chance to make that next big step as a team

Dude I think we make a step up this year. Just saying.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year will be a bigger test to be honest. This team has seemingly turned over a new leaf. Building a team the right way. With the salary cap penalty over with I hope it continues.

When you think about it, next year will be the first year under the management team of Shanahan and Allen that they will have a "normal" offeseason. No labor strife taking away free agency. No cap penalty. Will be interesting to see what they do when the time comes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year will be a bigger test to be honest. This team has seemingly turned over a new leaf. Building a team the right way. With the salary cap penalty over with I hope it continues.

When you think about it, next year will be the first year under the management team of Shanahan and Allen that they will have a "normal" offeseason. No labor strife taking away free agency. No cap penalty. Will be interesting to see what they do when the time comes.
for real:suds:

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I think we make a step up this year. Just saying.

I hope you're right. Monday night needs to get here NOW!

But with our schedule being as tough as it is, i see next year as our real chance to do damage.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. Monday night needs to get here NOW!

But with our schedule being as tough as it is, i see next year as our real chance to do damage.
I think we need to be able to strike when we can. Our schedule next year will be just as tough and the teams that were on the basement last year are getting stronger. Philly will have a year under the new coach and they will be poised to make a run. I think we are still an unknown and people still think RGIII is banged up so they will take us a little lighter. If we have a strong showing this year then we will have the target on our back going forward. We will also have the NFCW and the AFCS next year. Being a front runner never gives you an easy schedule. I hope we never get one again.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is def fun to watch again.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, this is one of the more insightful posts I have read from anybody...even going back to our ESPN days.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams that are actually solid, the fan base gets to this time of year and wonders....

Who is my team going to cut in order to make it down to 53 men. there will be some guys that some fans will be sorry to see go.

Non solid teams have a fan base that wonders, who might get cut from another team a week before the season starts that would be an upgrade to what we already have on roster.

I think the fact that we arent really watching the waiver wire says alot about where we feel we are as a team.

Carry on. :)

Good points. Related to this - not sure if this is due to having a better roster or having weeded out some of the more uninformed posters from ESPN, but there seem to be a lot less cries from people to pick up this guy or that guy - whichever aging vet or failed project became available (somewhat similar to your 2nd point above).

Thankfully - a lot more fans want to stay the course & are willing to wait until next year to address certain issues instead of picking up someone who would be helpful for a year or so at best. Winning certainly has a lot to do with all of this. A few losses & certain people will come out of the woodwork & scream for all type of changes. Hopefully we don't encounter much of that this season.