• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sign Fab Melo to the Santa Cruz Dubs?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to replace JTyler down there and dominate.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors FO should sign Fab Melo (7-foot, 255-pound) to Santa Cruz Warriors. Along with Festus Ezeli, Warriors need to develop Center(s) to eventually backup/replace Andrew Bugot.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ask yourself this: why does a team trade for a guy, and then dump him 2 weeks later even though he has 2 years left on his guaranteed contract (i.e. they still have to pay him, unless an NBA team signs him)?

Answer: they concluded he wasn't worth anything, and are hoping some sucker takes him off their hands.

This Warriors front office is proving to not be suckers. They'll stay away from him (and rightfully so).

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChuckDurn - Doesn't hurt to explore ALL options. WE know that Bugot coming from injury will never be the 100% player he was before; Ezeli had recent injury and is still developing NBA offensive/defensive skills; and oldman O'Neal is obviously NOT an answer for the longterm. Never hurts to pickup someone/anyone who, under the right system and tutelage, could be salvageable and productive down the line.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@ChuckDurn - Doesn't hurt to explore ALL options. WE know that Bugot coming from injury will never be the 100% player he was before; Ezeli had recent injury and is still developing NBA offensive/defensive skills; and oldman O'Neal is obviously NOT an answer for the longterm. Never hurts to pickup someone/anyone who, under the right system and tutelage, could be salvageable and productive down the line.

Apparently you're unaware that the Warriors signed a young center named DeWayne Dedmon for the exact purpose you're mentioning.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth, DD, and Joe Alexander are gone, hardly knew you

I guess the Dubs are really comfortable moving forward with a bench of

HB, SPeights, Green, JO, DOuglas, Kuzmic, Nedo, FE, and Baze

Not having FE is going to hurt, and now with HB's being day-to-day with the Foot/toe, its looking like a thinner bench.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god i hate that guy......

for the mental sanity of any fanbase thinking their team should add him. i encourage you all to stay away.....

he's prone to those 3 bonehead plays a game that make you have to go WTF and raise your blood pressure. he's a dumbass, he looks like a dumbass, talks like a dumbass, he even walks like a dumbass. (he gave himself a concussion once when he walked into a door frame. have 5 fab melo like players on the court and you can turn it into a pretty good drinking game.

oh and he left a shitload of NCAA violations for us :gaah:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god i hate that guy......

for the mental sanity of any fanbase thinking their team should add him. i encourage you all to stay away.....

he's prone to those 3 bonehead plays a game that make you have to go WTF and raise your blood pressure. he's a dumbass, he looks like a dumbass, talks like a dumbass, he even walks like a dumbass. (he gave himself a concussion once when he walked into a door frame. have 5 fab melo like players on the court and you can turn it into a pretty good drinking game.
oh and he left a shitload of NCAA violations for us :gaah:

As a SU fan, I agree with john. He was a 22 year old sophomore who couldn't get past the classroom.

He was a monster under the boards, but once I figured out he was older than dirt, no wonder he did well enough at SU.

The guy is a couple of cards shy a full deck. If you're looking for a bruiser to give up 5 hard fouls, he's your man. If you require a good ball player....check elsewhere.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not meaning to stray off topic here but...
I'm a lifelong knicks fan, but have also followed and became a fan of the W's since the days of rick barry and nate thurmond, thru the days of sleepy floyd, larry smith, pervis short...the run DMC era..to the present day...
....and the one thing that worries me heading into this season is...David Lee's apparent loss of hops, quickness, mobility and intensity.

I hope it's just due to the injury he had last season and the training staff not wanting to push him too hard in the exhibition games.....but my intuition tells me something's up, and it ain't good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fab Melo is dumb as a box of rocks, but I guess if you want someone you can stick in your developmental league, he's that guy

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lifelong knicks fan, but have also followed and became a fan of the W's since the days of rick barry and nate thurmond, thru the days of sleepy floyd, larry smith, pervis short...the run DMC era..to the present day...
....and the one thing that worries me heading into this season is...David Lee's apparent loss of hops, quickness, mobility and intensity.

I hope it's just due to the injury he had last season and the training staff not wanting to push him too hard in the exhibition games.....but my intuition tells me something's up, and it ain't good.

Which David Lee are you watching? He's probably more fit than I've ever seen him.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your newest Santa Cruz Dubs?

Dedmon, Alexander and Seth Curry

I still think Nedo and Kuzmic should be sent there soon, not as a punishment, but to stay in shape and to develop their games.

Hell Stick Baze down there and have him develop something.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know man David lee looks really good to me. Even his defense is so much better