• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Side note... Merriweather is a waste of a roster spot

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he cant get onto the field, what good does he do us. Shockingly Biggers wasnt half bad all things considered. drop Merriweather, bring up Chase and find another depth Safety.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they expect him to play at GB?

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... the guy has had a year to get better but he's still on the inactives. The sad part is we have to keep him because he can help us if he ever plays. Enough with the BS though. Play or go home in my book.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond a few halfway decent plays Rambo was the worst player on the field & his tackling was awful. Hopefully - this is due to inexperience & he learns his lesson & his play improves over the course of the season. Can't get your hopes up too much for a rookie - especially one drafted very late.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond a few halfway decent plays Rambo was the worst player on the field & his tackling was awful. Hopefully - this is due to inexperience & he learns his lesson & his play improves over the course of the season. Can't get your hopes up too much for a rookie - especially one drafted very late.

At least Rambo was actually on the field. Merriweather has played exactly ONE half of football for the Skins since being signed. If he isnt on the field in green Bay, I hope they just say fuck it and roll with what we got.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Rambo was actually on the field. Merriweather has played exactly ONE half of football for the Skins since being signed. If he isnt on the field in green Bay, I hope they just say fuck it and roll with what we got.

Could be - they might be approaching that point. We also might need to face reality & consider the prospect that the real secondary help may not be able until next offseason. Hopefully - this is not the case & at least one of the young guys steps up over the course of the season.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he cant get onto the field, what good does he do us. Shockingly Biggers wasnt half bad all things considered. drop Merriweather, bring up Chase and find another depth Safety.

couldn't disagree with you more. The man has a pulled quad/groin. Give it a week.

We all witnessed the impact he had in the 2 quarters we got out him last year. If Fletcher goes down who else is there to step up as a leader on defense ? DeAngelo ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't disagree with you more. The man has a pulled quad/groin. Give it a week.

We all witnessed the impact he had in the 2 quarters we got out him last year. If Fletcher goes down who else is there to step up as a leader on defense ? DeAngelo ?

The man has cost us more than $3 million in cap spacebetween this season and last season for half a game of play. You cant make the club from the ice tub. If he isnt on the field next week, I wont be upset if they cut him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a huge Meriweather fan (I laughed at the pro bowl he made with us - extremely undeserved), but unless money is an issue I would at least give him another week or two to get healthy. He may not be a pro bowler but he is a fairly solid depth player at the very least.

If he can't get healthy then yeah, I'd let him go.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be upset if they cut him.

Sure ... but just like Daughty & Rex & Polumbus ... cut them & who is out there that is better ?

Thats the problem ... we DO NOT have a better option.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure ... but just like Daughty & Rex & Polumbus ... cut them & who is out there that is better ?

Thats the problem ... we DO NOT have a better option.

Dude, he has played exactly ONE half of football since signing with the Skins. When you take that into context, Doughty is actually better. If we have to asks every week if he will even be on the field, he is a waste of a roster spot. Having him on roster did exactly what for us tonight??

Answer... dick

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you didnt answer the question.

How can he be a waste of a spot ... when there is NOBODY out there worthy of having that spot anyways. Besides the fact the 2 quarters we got out of em was without a doubt the most electrifying 2 quarters we witnessed out of anyone in the secondary last season.

I'll just leave it to the coaches to know when to walk away.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you didnt answer the question.

How can he be a waste of a spot ... when there is NOBODY out there worthy of having that spot anyways. Besides the fact the 2 quarters we got out of em was without a doubt the most electrifying 2 quarters we witnessed out of anyone in the secondary last season.

I'll just leave it to the coaches to know when to walk away.

I will ask you again, what has he done for us aside from that one half of football?? wasted a roster spot. Unless he is actually on the field, he does us no good.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have two coaches on Defense who used to be HC. We have two guys on offense who 50% of the league would want as a HC.

Between the four of them I think they're capable of recognizing talent.

wasted a roster spot

My point being it can not be considered a wasted spot when the next best option is Gomes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly Im a tad bit grumpy and just coming down from tipsy right now. But if Merriweather isnt on the field by week three latest, I would prefer he be IRd or cut. Any other option is a waste.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to get rid of Meriweather. Not when if healthy he's probably our best defensive back. And there isn't a player out there on the market who'd be better.

Our roster is what it is for this season.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our roster is what it is for this season.

We've been saying this for far too long. We get a first round pick in 2014 ? Having cap space to sign a FA at RT or the secondary is long overdue.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been saying this for far too long. We get a first round pick in 2014 ? Signing FA to Upgrade RT and the secondary is long overdue.

We dont have a first rounder until 2015. Season aint over, but when we lose games we should win, it dont make shit easy.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been saying this for far too long. We get a first round pick in 2014 ? Having cap space to sign a FA at RT or the secondary is long overdue.

Well, we've been saying it for a while but each year, IMO, the roster is getting better and deeper.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. The organization is deff moving the right direction.

We must play with the hand we've been dealt.

I jumped into this thread because I felt Shark was prematurely jumping on Merriweather.

I'm sure we have option come week 4 - 6 to make moves if there are further set backs