• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SI player poll: 5 most overrated players in the NFL

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forbes' Most and Least Liked Players (based on surveys from Nielsen and its partner, E-Poll Market Research)

Most-Liked Players in the NFL

1. Troy Polamalu - 63%
T-2. Drew Brees - 62%
T-2. Charles Woodson - 62%
4. Peyton Manning - 59%
T-5. Aaron Rodgers - 58%
T-5. Rob Gronkowski - 58%
T-7. Robert Griffin III - 57%
T-7. Brian Urlacher - 57%
T-7. Donald Driver - 57%
10. Matthew Stafford - 56%

Least-Liked NFL Players in the NFL

1. Ndamukong Suh - 19%
2. Jay Cutler - 21%
3. Michael Vick - 23%
4. Randy Moss - 24%
5. Matt Leinart - 26%
T-6. Tony Romo - 27%
T-6. Kyle Orton - 27%
T-6. Santonio Holmes - 27%
T-9. Mark Sanchez - 31%
T-9. Brady Quinn - 31%

Typical. 4 of the top 10 most well-liked players would be in my least-liked category (Rodgers, Gronkowski, Urlacher, and Stafford, with Brees creeping into the top 10 list).

And fitting that two players in the least-liked category are two that I've advocated for bringing on to the 49ers (Romo, Orton).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have you got against Aaron Rodgers pozz? Other than the fact that he should be a 9er.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What have you got against Aaron Rodgers pozz? Other than the fact that he should be a 9er.

I don't care for the way he often acts and reacts to things that are said to him, about him, and about the Packers in general. A lazy person could or would call it arrogance, but that's not quite the term I'd use for it, though he does have elements of that in his make up in my opinion.

Normally I love it when an athlete is creatively difficult with the media and doesn't make it easy for them, but not with him. It's different with him.

There've been some credible people who've worked with him and spent time with him who feel that he thinks he's usually the smartest guy in the room. When you hear him speak he rarely ever is the smartest or brightest guy around. That bothers me.

As far as Rodgers on the field. If you give me him in THAT system, and it's critical I get him in THAT system, I'll take him on the field over anybody except for a healthy Peyton Manning or maybe a Matt Ryan. I'll cringe with the Rodgers I'd get off the field and try like hell to help correct the junk you get with him there. I feel the need to say I did like him more with Philbin consistently in his ear, though.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Tebow overrated does anyone talk about him besides espn?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's the deal with Urlacher, pozz?

I would guess some of it is that he's an iconic player playing in one of the largest cities with maybe the 2nd biggest football market in the country and has a fan base that stretches to both coasts.

I've found it to be very hard to root for him. He's another one I differ on from the majority.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is an interesting case for me because he is a player that I vehemently rooted for because I felt he was getting a raw deal in SD and that he was a better QB than given credit for. Another sticking point for me was how immensely impressed I was with how Brees came back from that disgusting shoulder injury.

And yet, today, Drew Brees would easily make my top 3 least favorite players.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes' Most and Least Liked Players (based on surveys from Nielsen and its partner, E-Poll Market Research)

T-6. Kyle Orton - 27%

Why don't people like Orton? Because of that beard of his?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Drew Brees is an interesting case for me because he is a player that I vehemently rooted for because I felt he was getting a raw deal in SD and that he was a better QB than given credit for. Another sticking point for me was how immensely impressed I was with how Brees came back from that disgusting shoulder injury.

It appears a good chunk of people changed their opinion on him when the bounty thing started. Alot didn't care for the way he came out and supported people and players in the Saints organization.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why don't people like Orton? Because of that beard of his?

I wonder how much of it is still lingering effects from his time as a Chicago Bears QB? And I wonder if any of it was because of his time in Denver that ended up colliding into the whole Tebow thing?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that a guy like Cortland Finnegan or Justin Tuck isn't on this list.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for the way he often acts and reacts to things that are said to him, about him, and about the Packers in general. A lazy person could or would call it arrogance, but that's not quite the term I'd use for it, though he does have elements of that in his make up in my opinion.

Normally I love it when an athlete is creatively difficult with the media and doesn't make it easy for them, but not with him. It's different with him.

There've been some credible people who've worked with him and spent time with him who feel that he thinks he's usually the smartest guy in the room. When you hear him speak he rarely ever is the smartest or brightest guy around. That bothers me.

As far as Rodgers on the field. If you give me him in THAT system, and it's critical I get him in THAT system, I'll take him on the field over anybody except for a healthy Peyton Manning or maybe a Matt Ryan. I'll cringe with the Rodgers I'd get off the field and try like hell to help correct the junk you get with him there. I feel the need to say I did like him more with Philbin consistently in his ear, though.

I didn't realize he was like that off the field. I've always liked the way he carried himself. He doesn't talk trash or get into the mind games and just takes care of business, which is one of the things i love about him. Granted you know a lot more about the behind the scene stuff so i will take your word for it. That one just kind of shocked me.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most-Liked Players in the NFL

1. Troy Polamalu - 63%
T-2. Drew Brees - 62%
T-2. Charles Woodson - 62%
4. Peyton Manning - 59%
T-5. Aaron Rodgers - 58%
T-5. Rob Gronkowski - 58%
T-7. Robert Griffin III - 57%
T-7. Brian Urlacher - 57%
T-7. Donald Driver - 57%
10. Matthew Stafford - 56%

1. Ndamukong Suh - 19%
2. Jay Cutler - 21%
3. Michael Vick - 23%
4. Randy Moss - 24%
5. Matt Leinart - 26%
T-6. Tony Romo - 27%
T-6. Kyle Orton - 27%
T-6. Santonio Holmes - 27%
T-9. Mark Sanchez - 31%
T-9. Brady Quinn - 31%

Typical. 4 of the top 10 most well-liked players would be in my least-liked category (Rodgers, Gronkowski, Urlacher, and Stafford, with Brees creeping into the top 10 list).

And fitting that two players in the least-liked category are two that I've advocated for bringing on to the 49ers (Romo, Orton).

Lots of QBs on the most hated list. Kind of interesting, I wonder if it is because of how QBs sometimes are given the starting job instead of earning it. Leinart, Quinn, and Tebow pretty much got starting jobs just because they were drafted high. I wonder if that causes some sort of animosity from players who have to bust their asses for years just to climb up the depth chart.

Probably has more to do with QBs being more visible, since they always talk to the media and if they are jerks it shows through.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady not on Least-Liked? :wave:

Cutler didnt kill no dogs

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like him much either. I feel like he is acting most of the time. In my opinion.. there is something wrong with a person who says the right thing 100% of the time.

And Pozz, I agree with the Rodgers thing. He seems to get butthurt all the time, and he seems like a petty guy. Something about him I just don't like either.

Edit.... However, I would gladly change my mind and be happy if either guy came over to the Niners :wink:

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I will say about Rodgers is draft him in this franchise and he wont be the player he is now. If ppl can fantasise about how many Superbowls he would have won for this franchise by now, the opposite can also be true.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I will say about Rodgers is draft him in this franchise and he wont be the player he is now. If ppl can fantasise about how many Superbowls he would have won for this franchise by now, the opposite can also be true.

:violin: