• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SI Article on Wedge Departure

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many sides to Wedge's departure in Seattle, but break was needed - CBSSports.com

I liked the article. I have never been a huge Wedge fan, but I don't blame him for all the M's issues while he was here either. The problem I have with some of these 'Mariner insiders' in the article is they sound down on Wedge for being demanding and controlling. Why shouldn't he be? It is his job on the line if they don't win so he should have say andx be able to demand things. What did Bill Parcel use to say, "If you are going to make me cook the dinner, then at least let me shop for the groceries".

Good for Wedge.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team was full of kids who SUCK masquerading as pros.

If they don't want to be controlled or have demands placed upon them, then they need to grow up, work hard, and play like professionals.

Managers have been scapegoats for this team's ineptitude for a decade. What a joke.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't want to be controlled or have demands placed upon them, then they need to grow up, work hard, and play like professionals.

Managers have been scapegoats for this team's ineptitude for a decade. What a joke.

Agreed but once again in the article is the mention of the two idiots once again ordering down foolish ideas once again, this franchise will only suffer more with these two fools in charge....

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you would know about sucking wouldn't you:lol:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but once again in the article is the mention of the two idiots once again ordering down foolish ideas once again, this franchise will only suffer more with these two fools in charge....

Yep. HowChuck is the constant.

Whoever the M's find to manage, it will be strange if it's for anything more than a year since Z was only extended for a year. Most likely it will be a yes man for Z to control, and if things don't go well, he can throw the manager under the bus when ideas about contract renewals come up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an article that sums up the whole reason Howard and Chuck are ruining the franchise. It's not just that article but it's always direct quotes from Wedge, deflected quotes from Jack then a bunch of unnamed sources inside the Mariners organization. When your manager says he and management are worlds apart there should at least be a statement from the CEO or President.

Another thing in the article that didn't make any sense was that an unnamed source said people in the organization wanted Wedge gone regardless, which is fair and I feel the same way, but exactly why does Jack have a job still? It is Jack's fault more than Eric's for the shitty performance of the team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but exactly why does Jack have a job still? It is Jack's fault more than Eric's for the shitty performance of the team.

I'm gonna say No for the simple fact that Jack had no choice in hiring Wedge since nobody else is stupid enough to take this job... Lets face it when the words "dysfunctional baseball team" is used the M's logo appears in everyone's head. Time to face facts our baseball team is the laughing stock of major league baseball and thanks to the "mutt and jeff" show its gonna continue with these two idiots calling the shots, worse part is if Jack is released, who they gonna hire to play GM? Again nobody since this franchise is a three ring circus....