• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shows to Binge on While Recovering from Surgery

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I hope you made a mistake with saying skip S5 of 24. I think that is about 80% of fans favorite season and idk a single person who didn't like it. S6 is generally the worse, S7 is the season following the writers strike and is a completely changed story. So one of those 2 must be what you considered.

Idk how with LOST you can say things weren't solved when you quite halfway through S1. You actually missed on 3 of the best characters doing that.

LOST solves a lot of mysteries, but if you are watching for that you are watching for the wrong reason. It is a character story. The change and development throughout the journey is what makes it awesome.

My memory of the details fails me. The 24 season that sucked was the one where the central crisis was basically resolved...something about some nuclear components the Chinese were after. Then he discovers his GF is still alive and held by the Chinese and agrees to steal back and trade the component to the Chinese to get her back... against the wishes of our govt of course. Then there were about 6 weeks of ridiculous "Perils of Pauline" action where he goes about trying to save her and get the nuclear components back. It was total BS and it may have been season 6.

I exaggerated about how soon I bailed on Lost too. I think it was a couple of episodes into the 2nd season when I'd had enough. I watched it with my wife & kids. They made it through the entire 2nd season before they gave up. As far as characters, the bald guy was good. :noidea: Hey, a lot of people loved it. It just wasn't for me.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to look at Justified. It's fairly entertaining. I like Mad Men, as I like all the 60s time pieces take me back to when I was a little kid. Hell on Wheels is fairly entertaining, with a good main character and the fight to build the continental railroad.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I made the choice to watch Homeland this weekend while recovering...almost done with season 1, and I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm concerned that I'm hearing that season 2 declines though..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherlock! There are only 6 (?) episodes, but each one is like a 90 minute movie. I've only seen a couple episodes of Luther, but thought it was worth it. Orphan Black is one thats on my list.

And most people have seen this but, all of Trailer Park Boys is on NetFlix. And its hilarious.

4fETcWj.png

Goddamned erections ruined the night. :laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House of cards. Finish that.

Burn notice, white collar, and leverage are three that popped to mind (in that order). They're all kind of similar despite what they call themselves. Kind of a con-man/ spy, get things done type thing.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory of the details fails me. The 24 season that sucked was the one where the central crisis was basically resolved...something about some nuclear components the Chinese were after. Then he discovers his GF is still alive and held by the Chinese and agrees to steal back and trade the component to the Chinese to get her back... against the wishes of our govt of course. Then there were about 6 weeks of ridiculous "Perils of Pauline" action where he goes about trying to save her and get the nuclear components back. It was total BS and it may have been season 6.

I exaggerated about how soon I bailed on Lost too. I think it was a couple of episodes into the 2nd season when I'd had enough. I watched it with my wife & kids. They made it through the entire 2nd season before they gave up. As far as characters, the bald guy was good. :noidea: Hey, a lot of people loved it. It just wasn't for me.

Yup. That season was S6 as I figured when you made your initial post. Definitely most people I talk to least favorite. It has great moments but as you said, it just started getting ridiculous. The evil family plot was just wow.

OP, did you ever land on a show to watch? Never mind, see you went with homeland.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how with LOST you can say things weren't solved when you quite halfway through S1. You actually missed on 3 of the best characters doing that..

Ben, Eko, and Desmond?

LOST solves a lot of mysteries, but if you are watching for that you are watching for the wrong reason. It is a character story. The change and development throughout the journey is what makes it awesome.

I think you can say the same for The Walking Dead. I don't watch for the zombies. Sure they are the premise of the show but they could leave out the zombies for entire episodes on occasion and it could still be a good show. It's definitely a character story and about the conflict among the survivors, much like LOST.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching Homeland...loved season 1, then season 2 got a bit too soap opera-ish (as someone pointed out earlier), and I really enjoyed season 3 (especially the last few episodes with Brody's mission).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Game of thrones.
&
Vikings