• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shows to Binge on While Recovering from Surgery

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm having surgery to repair my ACL and meniscus on Friday, and with that, I'll be home in bed for a good week and also home for a few weeks after since I won't be able to drive around (working from home most likely for until the brace is off and I can drive again).

Regardless, I need some show recommendations on Netflix/HBO Go to binge on.

I've seen Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones.

Recommendations friends/family have given me:

-Lost
-House of Cards (I've seen the first 2 episodes)
-Mad Men
-Homeland
-Parks and Rec
-Curb
-Sherlock
-Luther
-Walking Dead

I guess if these needed to be ranked on which needs to be watched, what would it be?

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost is a really good one to get....Lost in....while recovering.

I'd add Damages to the list of excellent shows you have on that list, too.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 or LOST for sure.

both are great. Kinda depends what your looking for to pick one over the other.

The are really convenient choices as well seeing as both are on Netflix and both are finished.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add Spartacus & Sons of Anarchy to the list IMO.

That said, I'd start with 24. Great series.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic City. Great period piece with a mob sub plot about Miami during the early 1960s when the whole Cuba thing was starting to go down.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have 2 categories, actually 3 if I include shows I know nothing about.

Comedies

Parks and Rec
Curb

Both are absolute musts ... hilarious without fail if you have good taste in comedy

Dramas in my order -

Recommended -

24 - Great for bingeing, wide appeal. Fast paced intrigue & action. Skip the writer's strike season(5th I think). It was mostly crap

Mad Men - My favorite on your list. But it's not for everyone. Give it a few episode shot.

House of Cards - We're on episode 10. Very entertaining once you get used to Kevin Spacey's scenery chewing corn pone southern schtik

Not recommended with a qualifier for Homeland -

Homeland - Absolutely compelling, terrific 1st season. It turned into a bizarre sort of soap opera somewhere in the 2nd half of season 2. Fastest and most dramatic shark jump I've ever seen. I haven't bothered with any of season 3.

Lost - Lost me about halfway through season 1 when I realized that nothing was ever going to be resolved. Each new mystery led to another new mystery which led to another new mystery... etc. ad nauseum. Lazy writing and a cheap plot device, imo. Many love it. Different strokes. Spoiler alert - The fat guy wakes up at the end and it was all a dream. Just kidding. idk/idc

:noidea:

Sherlock - Never seen it
Luther - Never heard of it
Walking Dead - Zombies every week ? No thanks. But whatever floats your boat.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Boardwalk Empire.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comedies

Parks and Rec
Curb

Both are absolute musts ... hilarious without fail if you have good taste in comedy

Dramas in my order -

Recommended -

24 - Great for bingeing, wide appeal. Fast paced intrigue & action. Skip the writer's strike season(5th I think). It was mostly crap

Mad Men - My favorite on your list. But it's not for everyone. Give it a few episode shot.

House of Cards - We're on episode 10. Very entertaining once you get used to Kevin Spacey's scenery chewing corn pone southern schtik

Homeland - Absolutely compelling, terrific 1st season. It turned into a bizarre sort of soap opera somewhere in the 2nd half of season 2. Fastest and most dramatic shark jump I've ever seen. I haven't bothered with any of season 3.

Lost - Lost me about halfway through season 1 when I realized that nothing was ever going to be resolved. Each new mystery led to another new mystery which led to another new mystery... etc. ad nauseum. Lazy writing and a cheap plot device, imo. Many love it. Different strokes. Spoiler alert - The fat guy wakes up at the end and it was all a dream. Just kidding. idk/idc

Sherlock - Never seen it

LOL

You and me will never spend time watching TV together. :)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost as a body of work is garbage and besides the bandwagon fanboys who worshipped it, it's painfully obvious why it sucks.

1) The original story was never designed to handle it becoming 5+ seasons of material. It became a hyped hit, and then they just proceeded to turn it into a money grab by stringing it out as long as possible.

2) Damon Lindelof is a one trick pony when it comes to what he writes. Lost, Prometheus, the World War Z rewrite, etc.. It's exactly the same schtick with that hack. Keep inserting storylines and characters that appear to be important, then disappear them with no resolution to stir up confusion in your audience, and the sheeple keep demanding answers. I used to want to smack coworkers who were on the Lost bandwagon who would always walk around each week obsessing about what the "meaning" was behind so-so event or why main characters just disappeared without explanation......that ofcourse was never explained. It was like their lives were ruined by this.

Also insert plot holes you could drive a bus through. Also present a bunch of plot lines, but never answer any of the bazillion questions they are purposely supposed to create. Prometheus's dialogue and script was such an insult to Ridley Scott's directorial presentation, you pray Lindelhof dies a painful slow death and involves being stabbed with his hipster glasses. What was setup to be one of the best sci-fi movies of a decade ended up being something you watched once, and never cared about wanting to watch again.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm having surgery to repair my ACL and meniscus on Friday, and with that, I'll be home in bed for a good week and also home for a few weeks after since I won't be able to drive around (working from home most likely for until the brace is off and I can drive again).

Regardless, I need some show recommendations on Netflix/HBO Go to binge on.

I've seen Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones.

Recommendations friends/family have given me:

-Lost
-House of Cards (I've seen the first 2 episodes)
-Mad Men
-Homeland
-Parks and Rec
-Curb
-Sherlock
-Luther
-Walking Dead

I guess if these needed to be ranked on which needs to be watched, what would it be?

Sherlock is amazing... not sure about luthor... Did you watch orphan black yet?? that is up there...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The americans, and justified are coming back with new episodes soon too, so you may want to catch up quick...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supernatural
Bones
How I Met Your Mother
The Office

All on Netflix, recommend them all.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherlock! There are only 6 (?) episodes, but each one is like a 90 minute movie. I've only seen a couple episodes of Luther, but thought it was worth it. Orphan Black is one thats on my list.

And most people have seen this but, all of Trailer Park Boys is on NetFlix. And its hilarious.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested Development

Chuck

Friday Night Lights

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested Development

Chuck

Friday Night Lights

Arrested Development for sure. Considering it's only 2 1/2 seasons (I would not recommend the latest) you could probably finish it in 3 or 4 days if all you're doing is watching TV.

Mad Men and Boardwalk are 2 of my favorites but are on the slower side so they may not be for everyone.

How I Met Your Mother and Curb are other quality comedies that you can bang out pretty quickly.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comedies

Parks and Rec
Curb

Dramas in my order -

Recommended -

Sherlock - Never seen it

lol I hope you made a mistake with saying skip S5 of 24. I think that is about 80% of fans favorite season and idk a single person who didn't like it. S6 is generally the worse, S7 is the season following the writers strike and is a completely changed story. So one of those 2 must be what you considered.

Idk how with LOST you can say things weren't solved when you quite halfway through S1. You actually missed on 3 of the best characters doing that.

LOST solves a lot of mysteries, but if you are watching for that you are watching for the wrong reason. It is a character story. The change and development throughout the journey is what makes it awesome.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested Development for sure. Considering it's only 2 1/2 seasons (I would not recommend the latest) you could probably finish it in 3 or 4 days if all you're doing is watching TV.

Mad Men and Boardwalk are 2 of my favorites but are on the slower side so they may not be for everyone.

How I Met Your Mother and Curb are other quality comedies that you can bang out pretty quickly.

the new season wasn't THAT bad

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good series you should watch is Burn Notice.