• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should we just cut the CFB season to 2 weeks?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are bitching about the committee.

A one loss PAC > 1 loss b1g

A one loss SEC > 1 loss b1g

A one loss ACC > 1 loss b1g

This can't be argued. Unless the committee is just going to toss darts to decide who plays in final 4.

Like much of us suspected, the b1g is turrble.

Bitching at the media

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should go ahead and play the rest of the schedule. Who knows, maybe not one of the top 4 teams will make the playoff. Stranger things have happened.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should go ahead and play the rest of the schedule. Who knows, maybe not one of the top 4 teams will make the playoff. Stranger things have happened.

The SEC could forfeit every game from here on out and according to the media they'll get a minimum of 2 teams in. The other day I saw someone on ESPN picked TAMU, UGA and Bama to be three of the four. LOL

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate MASH. Stupidest show ever. So I'm casting my vote that we continue playing football.

Plus, Gophers for Champz.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC could forfeit every game from here on out and according to the media they'll get a minimum of 2 teams in. The other day I saw someone on ESPN picked TAMU, UGA and Bama to be three of the four. LOL

Nah, ain't gonna happen now. SEC west is too loaded and the east is too middling. I can't see there being two teams from the conference with one or fewer losses. We might even see a conference champ that's 11-2.

Still lots of crazy football to take place. We'll probably end up with:

A one-loss Oregon as PAC champs
A one-loss Oklahoma or Baylor from the XII
A one- or two-loss Bama or Auburn or Georgia from the SEC
A one-loss or undefeated FSU from the ACC.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've played 2 games. There isn't a team in the nation that has proved anything thus far

The problem as I see it for the B1G is tOSU, Wisky and MSU all have a loss OOC. The B1G needed one of those three to be undefeted at this point.

Now entering regular season play, one of the three has to win out. Beating up on each other isn't going to get the B1G the type of credit the SEC is getting.

And even if one of the three do win out the rest of the way, they still have that OOC black mark to deal with and only four slots available.

Getting into the 4 team play off is the holy grail. It's going to be hard for the B1G to get there.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if those 3 teams are among the 4 best in the country, what would be so LOL about it?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa fan: Your team and conference blow this year. Deal with it.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always admit when we suck. We suck most years but how is it possible to judge a season based off of two weeks? That's my point and I apologize that no one can grasp it. Remember tOSU in 2002? They struggled in a fair share of their games yet won every one of them, including the big one. Let's not be so quick to judge.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always admit when we suck. We suck most years but how is it possible to judge a season based off of two weeks? That's my point and I apologize that no one can grasp it. Remember tOSU in 2002? They struggled in a fair share of their games yet won every one of them, including the big one. Let's not be so quick to judge.

Everyone grasps your point. Most of us just disagree.

You B1G fans don't seem to grasp what has taken place in these first two weeks. It was significant towards your conferences chance at a playoff bid. Do you not see why?

I've seen a lot of rumbling from B1G fans, but nothing of substance. Just 'its only two weeks in! seasons not over!! we still have a good shot!!!

Please illustrate how.

Most people realize it's not technically over, but the B1G needs a lot of help now, and they are very unlikely to get it.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone grasps your point. Most of us just disagree.

You B1G fans don't seem to grasp what has taken place in these first two weeks. It was significant towards your conferences chance at a playoff bid. Do you not see why?

I've seen a lot of rumbling from B1G fans, but nothing of substance. Just 'its only two weeks in! seasons not over!! we still have a good shot!!!

Please illustrate how.

Most people realize it's not technically over, but the B1G needs a lot of help now, and they are very unlikely to get it.

I guess a good thing for Iowa is that we don't play UM, MSU and tOSU as that would further hinder our SOS and according to logic all we would have to do is beat Wisconsin by more than four and we would statistically be better than LSU. So if we run the table and then play MSU in the B1G Championship and win by 20 we'd be fucked because Oregon beat them by 21. It sounds to me like we are using the transitive property in order to rank how good a particular team/conference is. I get the fact that the supposed top 3 teams in the conference lost but are we really sure right now they are the best 3? It doesn't make a fuck how you win as long as we keep winning. Which is better...a 15-0 season winning by 40+ or a 15-0 season winning every game by a field goal?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not to say I don't agree with all the other points against my argument it's just a bit premature to tell right now. If we lose this week I'll lean towards your side. I just listen to the media pimp last week as the tell tale for the rest of the B1G season and find that funny. One week doesn't show you how good a team or a conference is but a season, including bowl games does.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've played 2 games. There isn't a team in the nation that has proved anything thus far

College football hasn't changed. Sure, you're not going to win the NC 2 weeks in, but you certainly can lose it.

izH11UO.gif

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how bad we thought Oklahoma was after the first week of November last year?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how bad we thought Oklahoma was after the first week of November last year?

Oklahoma didnt lose their big OOC game of the year. All of the B1G favorites, have.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cfb landscape is just changing.

B1G hasn't had a 1st round QB drafted in 19 years.

They are 8-29 vs ranked ooc opponents over last 4 seasons.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the B1G...to be "out" of the playoff pic at this early stage of the season is ridiculous to me. I would think a "hot" one loss team by years end should have more weight that a undefeated power5 team who chose to play a "cupcake" schedule in order to have the best chance at going undefeated for the year.

CF has a long way to go in figuring this out B4 a "true Nat Champion" is decided upon.