• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the lakers trade lebron for AD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was opposed to the Lakers signing LeBron - I had a concern about his ability to last without injuries because like Kobe Bryant - He has a lot of miles on him. I became more convinced that it could work though and was encouraged by Magic Johnson's statements that LeBron need to do less then he did in Cleveland and did not want a repeat of the Cavaliers last two years. Based on how he played, I got the feeling that LeBron did not buy into that and was still trying to do too much though. Coming back from injury, it appears that he has now bought into the plan and Hopefully LeBron now understands that in order to win, they have to lose some games. Much like losing an argument with your wife during the day so that you Win later in the evening.:lol:

Yes the player fans are what they are. Some of things that I love about LeBron is that he shares the ball a lot more then Kobe did.
I remember hearing Magic saying that like it was some revelation. And the media, of course, eating it up. At the time said what I'll say now (and seems you agree)......Cavs also wanted him to do less, but the guy who didn't was Lebron. That's all on him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if the Pelicans trade him to another team. They might even wait until February of next year. They are in no hurry
What's funny (and I'm not surprised) was so many bought what the insiders reported with no factual basis. That AD will insist it be LA. Now when AD actually talks, it seems this couldn't be further from the truth.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you was joking on that post - and I agree that was :lol:, but in all reality - the Lakers would be short handed this season, but they are anyway and LeBron knew that when he signed up - And that would really leave the Lakers in the drivers seat for next season which is the reason that Popovich is being a bitch about not wanting the Pelicans to trade with the Lakers. I would love to see how Kuzma grows up and Ingram is coming into his own and honestly - I think the Lakers would really be good with this line up - assuming they had kept Randle

Lonzo Ball
LeBron James
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubak(questionable on this one so soon)

But even better

Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Lonzo Ball
Jimmy Butler

The part I like about not making the trade right now and waiting is that the Lakers have more options this summer and there is a potential for Ingram, Zubac and Kuzma to be even better. Personally I would trade Lonzo Ball up for a bag of potato chips - I think he is a bust:lol:

How in the world are you making that second lineup work financially

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reckon so

Four Max guys...nice. they will have like 150 million tied up in four guys
Media thinks he can do no wrong, maybe if he just says pretty please the league office will let him circumvent the CBA?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing Magic saying that like it was some revelation. And the media, of course, eating it up. At the time said what I'll say now (and seems you agree)......Cavs also wanted him to do less, but the guy who didn't was Lebron. That's all on him.

What Magic said wasn't a shot at the Cavs. It was an acknowledgement of Lebron's age and the mileage on his body.

The problem was that the Cavs roster wasn't built for him to do less. That's not necessarily on them. It's what Lebron wanted and it's hard to argue with the success.

The Lakers have him while he's at the tail end of being the best in the game. So, they're trying to build a roster that allows him to play at a high level for the entire 4 years of his contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Magic said wasn't a shot at the Cavs. It was an acknowledgement of Lebron's age and the mileage on his body.

The problem was that the Cavs roster wasn't built for him to do less. That's not necessarily on them. It's what Lebron wanted and it's hard to argue with the success.

The Lakers have him while he's at the tail end of being the best in the game. So, they're trying to build a roster that allows him to play at a high level for the entire 4 years of his contract.
Magic might not have meant it as a shot to the Cavs, but the media and irrational fans sure ran with that narrative. Only area I would disagree with what Magic said or did was him saying they don't want shooters around him and want to do it differently. I think it was more they didn't find shooters to put around him.

No doubt cannot really argue with the success here, though many consider 1 title failure. Too many don't take into account the only team they played in the Finals is one that many think could be the best ever.

I cannot really fault the Cavs for Lebron 1.0 as he would never commit the entire time he was here. I liken his second time here to his time in Miami as the best comparison

*Each had him 4 years
*Each had a "Big 3"
*Each played in 4 Finals
*Miami won a whopping 1 more title
*Cavs never lost to a team who was the underdog
*Each team lost him (yet Gilbert gets ripped, and few blame the Miami FO)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny (and I'm not surprised) was so many bought what the insiders reported with no factual basis. That AD will insist it be LA. Now when AD actually talks, it seems this couldn't be further from the truth.
I am an insurance auditor for a living. As an auditor, it is not my natural instinct to believe what I see in print or hear and naturally make people I audit provide me with records to verify what they tell me. It's nothing personal, but I have already seen a few say that and then keep on going - so no, I don't believe a word of what I said. My experience so far is if they land on a good team that has the capability of winning - like Paul George, they will say and the Lakers will be a distant memory.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true concerning LeBron wanting to do all, but In Miami - I remember LeBron working with Bosch and Wade and deferring to them pretty good. That tells me that perhaps LeBron did not trust the line up he was in. Trust is a valuable asset and I don't think that he trusted them - felt the need to do it. On the other hand - it's easy to think you can do it all when you have been able to do it all and never been injured in your entire career, but Charles Barkley said one thing that is true.

FATHER TIME IS UNDEFEATED

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone give up the best player in the league arguably next to Leonard, Curry and Durant for an old washed up has been like LeFinalsFailure?

Lakers have NOTHING to deal for Davis. Sorry. LeShits is gonna have to go collude elsewhere

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron was traded ....the earth would be destroyed.

The blow to his ego would cause a unimaginable vacuum that would cause the earth to collapse within itself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true concerning LeBron wanting to do all, but In Miami - I remember LeBron working with Bosch and Wade and deferring to them pretty good. That tells me that perhaps LeBron did not trust the line up he was in. Trust is a valuable asset and I don't think that he trusted them - felt the need to do it. On the other hand - it's easy to think you can do it all when you have been able to do it all and never been injured in your entire career, but Charles Barkley said one thing that is true.

FATHER TIME IS UNDEFEATED
Lebron deferred to Wade in year one there and it cost his team a title. Realized even though Wade had been there far longer, he was far better.

I agree compared to his last year in Cleveland he had more talent in Miami but Cleveland's talent was superior when healthy the other 3 years.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Lakers better with Lebron

Or with AD and Holiday?

Does NO still say no?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Lakers better with Lebron

Or with AD and Holiday?

Does NO still say no?

For this year and probably next year...I'd say that they're better with Lebron since he's still the best in the game.

After next year? Probably better with AD and Holliday.

Of course, they'd really be better with AD and Lebron. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world are you making that second lineup work financially

They're all gonna take 4 year/$40 million contracts because they all want to be Lakers and play with Lebron THAT badly.

Duh!! :tsk:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer was yes lol