• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the lakers trade lebron for AD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt it's possible this offer was made, but do people really think Magic would tell the media about a trade offer before it was accepted?
I think everyone already knows that, but people in various organizations talk and the word gets out. It would be the worst kept secret though to pretend as if no offer was made - I mean come on - We know that an offer is going to be made.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it happened you could be 100% sure Lebron is running this team...if you weren't sure already.
Well, so far I like it. Kobe ran the Lakers as others have done over the years. That's nothing new. I thought LeBron looked a bit out of shape and did not look like he was 100% and he was honest to admit it. What I like, however is that he was passing the ball and trying to get everyone involved and appear as if he is trying to do less now. From his statements made after the game, It appears to me that he actually is on the same page with Magic Johnson and is finally admitting that he needs to slow down and let the game come to him more then he did in Cleveland so I haven't seen anything yet that make me to believe that the Lakers would be better without LeBron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that's probably true...

One of the things I feared when he signed on here...
I feel your concerns...especially when it is mid-30s Lebron and not late 20s. At least he is committed 2 more years after this one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone already knows that, but people in various organizations talk and the word gets out. It would be the worst kept secret though to pretend as if no offer was made - I mean come on - We know that an offer is going to be made.
I'm sure one or more was made, but to me it's "insiders" doing no more than guessing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far I like it. Kobe ran the Lakers as others have done over the years. That's nothing new. I thought LeBron looked a bit out of shape and did not look like he was 100% and he was honest to admit it. What I like, however is that he was passing the ball and trying to get everyone involved and appear as if he is trying to do less now. From his statements made after the game, It appears to me that he actually is on the same page with Magic Johnson and is finally admitting that he needs to slow down and let the game come to him more then he did in Cleveland so I haven't seen anything yet that make me to believe that the Lakers would be better without LeBron.
I'm not sure anyone said they would be better off without Lebron. Though they might be better off if Lebron insists they hire Kidd as the coach to tell him to pound sand.

He "admitted" he needed to let the game come more to him and slow down here.....will he when it matters? doubtful. And you'll get the usual dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot off-balance 3 pointer at end of clock often down the stretch of close games. Hero Ball if you will.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure anyone said they would be better off without Lebron. Though they might be better off if Lebron insists they hire Kidd as the coach to tell him to pound sand.

He "admitted" he needed to let the game come more to him and slow down here.....will he when it matters? doubtful. And you'll get the usual dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot off-balance 3 pointer at end of clock often down the stretch of close games. Hero Ball if you will.
I have no problem with his game - so far, I think he has share the ball well - but no one is forcing you to watch the Lakers. Have a good day

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with his game - so far, I think he has share the ball well - but no one is forcing you to watch the Lakers. Have a good day
Not sure why you are put off by rational comments and my being able to see both sides in a discussion. Never said I don't like Lebron nor think he isn't maybe even the GOAT. Hoped the cavs would keep him, but I am thankful he got us a title I never thought I'd see.

Is there baggage that goes with him? Yep. Even when he was a Cavalier I could acknowledge he was a narcissistic, passive aggressive drama queen.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure one or more was made, but to me it's "insiders" doing no more than guessing.
Perhaps, but I think it would be a bad trade right now for either side. When this summer comes and free agency is here, then the Lakers with LeBron's input can make better decisions. One of them is - will the Lakers be forced to make trades like this because players don't want to play with him and that's why I like the idea of home grown talent like what the Lakers have.

That being said - I do think the Lakers should have offered Randle a better contract and should consider bringing him back as a free agent this summer - especially if Davis, Leonard and Butler all turn down the Lakers offers that will come. Ingram just might emerge this season if he does - that could change the game plan. Zubac could also become a good player and shows promise. The same is possible for Lonzo Ball, but I think what we see now is about as good as he ever will be and if he can improve - I have my doubts that he wants to remain a Lakers. I think he days are numbered, should be numbered and should be traded

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your concerns...especially when it is mid-30s Lebron and not late 20s. At least he is committed 2 more years after this one.
Actually He has a player option for a third year at 41 million.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but I think it would be a bad trade right now for either side. When this summer comes and free agency is here, then the Lakers with LeBron's input can make better decisions. One of them is - will the Lakers be forced to make trades like this because players don't want to play with him and that's why I like the idea of home grown talent like what the Lakers have.

That being said - I do think the Lakers should have offered Randle a better contract and should consider bringing him back as a free agent this summer - especially if Davis, Leonard and Butler all turn down the Lakers offers that will come. Ingram just might emerge this season if he does - that could change the game plan. Zubac could also become a good player and shows promise. The same is possible for Lonzo Ball, but I think what we see now is about as good as he ever will be and if he can improve - I have my doubts that he wants to remain a Lakers. I think he days are numbered, should be numbered and should be traded
definitely something to be said for that......waiting doesn't just help Boston, but certainly helps LA this year as they'd be decimated.

I really don't get not doing more to bring back Randle. I get there are some fans who feel like it's a crime to say anything bad about Magic, but would think he was being too much like a fan....caring more about name players than fit. No reason not to sit down with Randle and explain why he should stay, then keep him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he's turning down a 4th year that pays him 41 million?
I think what you meant to say was, "My bad....didn't realize he could leave after that 3rd season. Sorry for calling you out on that."

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you meant to say was, "My bad....didn't realize he could leave after that 3rd season. Sorry for calling you out on that."

No. I knew he had a player option, I'm saying he's gonna be there for 4 years because nobody turns down a player option worth 41 million at that age.

Nobody.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now that LeBron has had an injury - he won't be leaving
I don't think he will....always thought this could end up being a Kobe like deal by the end where it could cripple their payroll. Probably why this was why Lebron decided now's the time for a longterm deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I knew he had a player option, I'm saying he's gonna be there for 4 years because nobody turns down a player option worth 41 million at that age.

Nobody.

If he hasn't won a title yet you better believe he would lol. If the Cavs have Zion, Sexton and another player he would gladly go back to Cleveland and that point possibly take less. He WANTS to win and by that age money won't mean as much to him.