• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the lakers trade lebron for AD

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. So should 28 other teams.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic waiting on that phone call from the Pelicans

giphy.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true - He spoke to Demps earlier today and offer him Kuzma, Ball, Ingram and Zubac. Magic reportedly wants to do the trade now because he believes Boston will make a better offer this summer and the Lakers would then go after free agents instead.

Lakers Rumors: Magic Johnson Spoke With Pelicans GM Dell Demps, Included Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma & Brandon Ingram In Anthony Davis Trade Offer

Trading away all their young players and Demps is still like “I can do better” LOL

Last edited:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be hilarious

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading away all their young players and Demps is still like “I can do better” LOL
Well, you know the old saying - there is a sucker born every minute and two too take him, but I agree with you - I don't think the Pelicans can do better and in fact I kind of hope they don't do that trade. I think the Lakers would lose to much material and be left with a depleted team for the rest of this season and I don't like the stress it would put on LeBron to carry the team. The money would leave the Lakers with 65 million in salaries instead of 56 or so after the one year contracts expire in June and they would be starting next year with two max contract players and enough $$$ to sign a new one. Popovich told Demps not to trade with the Lakers because He doesn't want to see the Lakers become relevant.

In another twist - Rumors are suggesting that Jason Kidd is in the mix to replace Luke Walton as head coach

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for the Pelicans to hurry up and trade Davis let alone to the Lakers, if I was them I would say fuck you Davis, and Lakers you need to do better, because I can get a better deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know the old saying - there is a sucker born every minute and two too take him, but I agree with you - I don't think the Pelicans can do better and in fact I kind of hope they don't do that trade. I think the Lakers would lose to much material and be left with a depleted team for the rest of this season and I don't like the stress it would put on LeBron to carry the team. The money would leave the Lakers with 65 million in salaries instead of 56 or so after the one year contracts expire in June and they would be starting next year with two max contract players and enough $$$ to sign a new one. Popovich told Demps not to trade with the Lakers because He doesn't want to see the Lakers become relevant.

In another twist - Rumors are suggesting that Jason Kidd is in the mix to replace Luke Walton as head coach

I actually was posting that as a joke. I think the Pelicans can possibly do better, but it is more about being in no rush and weighing your options. This is the best player in your franchise's history, the last thing you want to do is rush something like NYK did with Zingis.

I do kinda agree with you that the Lakers would lose all their young core and have less depth, at least for the rest of the season, unless they make a ton of moves, but next season they will be fine to fill out the roster and add another star. AD is still better to have than a bunch of question marks and Kuzma. You know what you are getting with AD every single night, can't say the same for Lonzo, Zubac, even Ingram.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring J Kidd would be a horrible move

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually was posting that as a joke. I think the Pelicans can possibly do better, but it is more about being in no rush and weighing your options. This is the best player in your franchise's history, the last thing you want to do is rush something like NYK did with Zingis.

I do kinda agree with you that the Lakers would lose all their young core and have less depth, at least for the rest of the season, unless they make a ton of moves, but next season they will be fine to fill out the roster and add another star. AD is still better to have than a bunch of question marks and Kuzma. You know what you are getting with AD every single night, can't say the same for Lonzo, Zubac, even Ingram.

I know you was joking on that post - and I agree that was :lol:, but in all reality - the Lakers would be short handed this season, but they are anyway and LeBron knew that when he signed up - And that would really leave the Lakers in the drivers seat for next season which is the reason that Popovich is being a bitch about not wanting the Pelicans to trade with the Lakers. I would love to see how Kuzma grows up and Ingram is coming into his own and honestly - I think the Lakers would really be good with this line up - assuming they had kept Randle

Lonzo Ball
LeBron James
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubak(questionable on this one so soon)

But even better

Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Lonzo Ball
Jimmy Butler

The part I like about not making the trade right now and waiting is that the Lakers have more options this summer and there is a potential for Ingram, Zubac and Kuzma to be even better. Personally I would trade Lonzo Ball up for a bag of potato chips - I think he is a bust:lol:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still can't beat the warriors even with AD. The Cavs with a younger healthier lebron, kyrie and love couldn't beat GS once they added Durant. AD is not enough, and they lose all their depth. They also just added Cousins lol

The Pelicans know that lakers offer will be available next year all season, might as well wait for everyone elses offer next year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still can't beat the warriors even with AD. The Cavs with a younger healthier lebron, kyrie and love couldn't beat GS once they added Durant. AD is not enough, and they lose all their depth. They also just added Cousins lol

The Pelicans know that lakers offer will be available next year all season, might as well wait for everyone elses offer next year
Not this year and that is no matter what. Everyone knows that already. This trade is getting to the level of two super stars with the $$$$ in free agency this summer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yes the Peiicans should wait and take a chance that Davis doesnt go down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true - He spoke to Demps earlier today and offer him Kuzma, Ball, Ingram and Zubac. Magic reportedly wants to do the trade now because he believes Boston will make a better offer this summer and the Lakers would then go after free agents instead.

Lakers Rumors: Magic Johnson Spoke With Pelicans GM Dell Demps, Included Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma & Brandon Ingram In Anthony Davis Trade Offer
I don't doubt it's possible this offer was made, but do people really think Magic would tell the media about a trade offer before it was accepted?