• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bengals trade for Jonathan Stewart?

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's a rumor floating around that since Mike Tolbert visited the Panthers they may be willing to trade their former 1st Round RB. If this is true and can be obtained for a 3rd or lower Round pick I'd say pull the trigger and get the deal done. I really like Stewart as his "between the tackles" running style would fit well in the black and blue Division of the AFC North plus he's treat out of the backfield with 47 receptions last season. He could be one of those hidden jem pickups that could put the team that acquires him over the top.

excerpt~

We learned on Saturday that free agent RB Mike Tolbert was taking a visit to a potential new NFL team this weekend, and an NFL source has told Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer that the potential new NFL team is the Carolina Panthers.

Hold up. Don't the Panthers already have a crowded backfield with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart? Person writes that should the Panthers ink Tolbert, there will be increased speculation that Williams or Stewart will be traded. Of the two, Stewart is a more likely trade target, given that he'll be in the final season of his contract in 2012 and his cap hit is around $3 million. Williams got a five-year, $43 million extension last offseason, and will count $8.7 million against the cap in 2012.

Given the decreased value on RBs in today's NFL -- with many teams electing to forgo a feature back, instead opting for a committee approach -- it's tough to say what the Panthers will get back in return. But for a team that is looking to upgrade at RB (Cincinnati and Pittsburgh could be in this boat), a deal for a draft pick -- 3rd round or lower -- makes some sense.

NFL Rumors - NFL Trade Rumors, Free Agency Rumors and More - Rumor Central - ESPN

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd trade a 3rd rounder for Stewart in a heartbeat. Big, strong, not much wear.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can never figure out trade values in the NFL, but I'd take Stewart for a 3rd rder..

I'd up the offer to a 2nd if need be... he's a beast..

I think he's a FA next yr, so a big part of the deal would be working out a long term deal. as long as he doesnt want too much money I wouldnt think twice about it...

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather have Williams. Stewart would do, though.

Of course, there's exactly a 0% chance of this happening.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd say the only way the Bengals will trade for Stewart, if Carolina traded him plus a no.1 for the Bengals 3rd or 4th rounder, the only way Mikey will make a move

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please go after Stewart? A power runner who hasn't been overworked and can catch the damned ball......besides that, no criminal record......no, makes too much sense.....