• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Sherman let go of Crabtrees comments?

Should Sherman let go of Crabtree's comments?

• I think he should hold on to it until Seahawks play 49ers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should hold onto it for a few more years, but grow out of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman shouldn't change for anyone. Drive is a funny thing, many successful people are batshit crazy.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I know about the two players, I've gotta say that Sherman probably instigated this. But still, I kind of like the grudge match. It just adds another layer on top of a huge rivalry.

Now I know that Sherman thrives off of this kind of stuff. I'm just hoping that Crabs responds to it on the field. Maybe this career-long battle pushes both players to the very peak of their physical abilities for years to come.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, do Seahawk fans still think Sherman was being sincere when he said "good game" at the end of their last match? I remember that getting thrown around a lot immediately after that game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, do Seahawk fans still think Sherman was being sincere when he said "good game" at the end of their last match? I remember that getting thrown around a lot immediately after that game.

Speaking for myself, no I don't, it was a"fuck you" good game remark. I just always felt that was the right of the winner, losers should just bit their tongue and vow to get him next time.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, no I don't, it was a"fuck you" good game remark. I just always felt that was the right of the winner, losers should just bit their tongue and vow to get him next time.

Owning up and admitting you were wrong on that. Respect.

:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owning up and admitting you were wrong on that. Respect.

:suds:

I was never wrong on that, folks just started getting crazy about me defending Sherman, that I never really had a chance to explain my position on the 49er board.
Not much for exchanging ideas on that board.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never wrong on that, folks just started getting crazy about me defending Sherman, that I never really had a chance to explain my position on the 49er board.
Not much for exchanging ideas on that board.

Thought I remembered you using the reasoning that he was being sincere since he said good game, or something along those lines.

I may be wrong though. I've been wrong in the past, and I will be wrong some time in the future.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I remembered you using the reasoning that he was being sincere since he said good game, or something along those lines.

I may be wrong though. I've been wrong in the past, and I will be wrong some time in the future.

I just didn't explain it well to start, and then things really went south quickly, so I went away. The thing is that the 49er board has a small group that shouts troll when ever any body who isn't a 49er gives a rebuttal.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't explain it well to start, and then things really went south quickly, so I went away. The thing is that the 49er board has a small group that shouts troll when ever any body who isn't a 49er gives a rebuttal.

Yea, I remember people were calling for your head lol.

I thought it was a bit much, but in all honesty, I thought you were talking out of your ass too. So I didn't have a big problem with it. Again, that's just from what I remember from a while ago which may or may not be accurate.

The bold part of what you said here is bullshit though. You're over-generalizing.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...now stop being a troll...

:whistle:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I remember people were calling for your head lol.

I thought it was a bit much, but in all honesty, I thought you were talking out of your ass too. So I didn't have a big problem with it. Again, that's just from what I remember from a while ago which may or may not be accurate.

The bold part of what you said here is bullshit though. You're over-generalizing.

Nah, most 49ers posters are A OK, but their are at least a couple that stick to the 49er board and hate outsiders posting on the board, they act like it's their personal board. You don't get the same reaction on other active boards. At least that has been my experience.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, most 49ers posters are A OK, but their are at least a couple that stick to the 49er board and hate outsiders posting on the board, they act like it's their personal board. You don't get the same reaction on other active boards. At least that has been my experience.

Meh. I could ask for you to name the specific people from the 49ers board so that I can prove to you that this is not always the case. But I'm not particularly interested in doing that. Let's just agree to disagree.

Have a good one. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I could ask for you to name the specific people from the 49ers board so that I can prove to you that this is not always the case. But I'm not particularly interested in doing that. Let's just agree to disagree.

Have a good one. :suds:

Sounds good. I really wasn't going to name names. I sure you know who I speak of any ways. I think we are making head way here.:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I know about the two players, I've gotta say that Sherman probably instigated this. But still, I kind of like the grudge match. It just adds another layer on top of a huge rivalry.

Now I know that Sherman thrives off of this kind of stuff. I'm just hoping that Crabs responds to it on the field. Maybe this career-long battle pushes both players to the very peak of their physical abilities for years to come.

First of all, why do you continue to obsess over what Seahawk fans think?

Sherman's game isn't that hard to understand. He gets players off their game by being physical and mentally getting to them. Every time we hear what he says in game when he is mic'ed up he is jabbering away at whoever he is playing.

There is no way they don't have bad blood through their meetings.

I'm not sure what sincere is supposed to mean in this case. I'm sure he was an ass during the game. He feels he was trying to be a good sport after the game, but of course crabs wasn't going to just drop it and shake his hand. He had just been smoked on that play by a guy he freaking hates and the realization that it just ended their season was setting in.

They hated each other before this and Sherman's public BS is all just part of his act going into the next meeting where he will again use it to get in his head.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, why do you continue to obsess over what Seahawk fans think?

Sherman's game isn't that hard to understand. He gets players off their game by being physical and mentally getting to them. Every time we hear what he says in game when he is mic'ed up he is jabbering away at whoever he is playing.

There is no way they don't have bad blood through their meetings.

I'm not sure what sincere is supposed to mean in this case. I'm sure he was an ass during the game. He feels he was trying to be a good sport after the game, but of course crabs wasn't going to just drop it and shake his hand. He had just been smoked on that play by a guy he freaking hates and the realization that it just ended their season was setting in.

They hated each other before this and Sherman's public BS is all just part of his act going into the next meeting where he will again use it to get in his head.

I was asking what Seahawk fans think. That's hardly obsessing.

Sincere - free of deceit, hypocrisy, or falseness. Genuine; real. Pure; unmixed; unadulterated.

In other words, did he go up to Crabtree and genuinely want to say that it was a good game. Or, as Harold said, was it more of a "fuck you" immediately after essentially winning the game?

The reason I asked was because I remembered (or at least thought I remembered) certain fans saying that they thought Sherman was being genuine with the butt slap and offered handshake and that Crabtree was completely out of line for shoving him.

At the time, my thoughts were that Sherman was being disrespectful in doing this immediately after that play. Doing it after the game would be fine, but in that moment, it was incredibly disrespectful. I would think that Sherman's gestures and comments after the game would confirm that he was being an asshole all along.

The reason I brought this up again was because with Sherman's continued comments about Crabtree, it should be very clear that there is a lot of animosity between these two in the past that will continue to fuel their rivalry for years to come. And I wonder if anyone still thinks that Sherman's handshake offer was a sincere gesture of good sportsmanship.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

They both don't like each other.

Sherman tries to get in the heads of his opponents and likely had crab really pissed off.

Crab was just dealing with the end of the season on a play he got beat on.

Sherman has a history of being intense during, and just after the end of games (don't you ever talk about...).

No one has any fucking clue what was in his head when he did it. And no one has any doubt he felt dissed by crabs reaction. And no one should be surprised Sherman can't/won't let it go.

All of it makes sense on it's own.

And lol at using Harolds opinion as some end-all reason to justify your bringing this up.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

They both don't like each other.

Sherman tries to get in the heads of his opponents and likely had crab really pissed off.

Crab was just dealing with the end of the season on a play he got beat on.

Sherman has a history of being intense during, and just after the end of games (don't you ever talk about...).

No one has any fucking clue what was in his head when he did it. And no one has any doubt he felt dissed by crabs reaction. And no one should be surprised Sherman can't/won't let it go.

All of it makes sense on it's own.

And lol at using Harolds opinion as some end-all reason to justify your bringing this up.

Obviously I care enough to discuss it. Not sure why that's a problem. If you don't care, you're not obligated to participate.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I care enough to discuss it. Not sure why that's a problem. If you don't care, you're not obligated to participate.

So we come full circle back to your preoccupation with Seattle then... :laugh3:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sherman wants to keep on talking then by all means keep on talking. Nobody has to listen obviously. Him talking like this though reminds me of his good friend Skip Bayless. Bayless goes off on nonsense all the time and honestly at first it was entertaining and I did watch the show a bit especially when he was a huge Tebow fan so the Broncos were discussed all the time but the more the conversation went on and the same things were talked about it just got so old that I don't even know if the show is still going or not and I could see the same thing happening with Sherman in eventually even the media are going to get tired of the same stuff being spewed and will go onto the next media darling.

I do understand why Sherman does it as this is part of his marketing and honestly his mouth has maybe made him just as much money as his play on the field. Can't fault a guy for using his fame to launch a career outside of the sport. Good for him honestly. Just as a fan of the game I've reached a point of just not caring what he has to say and I hate saying that as honestly in between all of his rants he every once in a while has something good to contribute to the conversation on big topics around the country. Problem is the important issues get drowned out quickly.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we come full circle back to your preoccupation with Seattle then... :laugh3:

Not exactly.

This entire dilemma is between Michael Crabtree and Richard Sherman, as is indicated by the thread title. Michael Crabtree is a member of the 49ers and I'm a 49er fan. Hence my interest in it.

Not sure where you're getting this thing about me being "obsessed" with Seattle thing. While it's certainly true that Richard Sherman is easily the most hated player among 49ers fans and Seattle is easily our biggest rival, it should be obvious that the fans of each team will undoubtedly talk to/about each other. You do it, I do it, and several other people do it.

The 49ers and Seahawks, in my opinion, are the biggest hurdle for the other team taking home a Super Bowl win this year. Of course other things can happen, but I think these two teams are 1A and 1B for a championship. With the two best teams in the entire NFL, in my opinion, being in the same division and having multiple layers of hate between them (Harbaugh vs. Carrol, Crabree vs. Sherman), it's natural to talk about the rival.

Not sure how that makes me "obsessed" or "preoccupied" with Seattle. And I'm not sure why you continue to discuss a topic that you previously indicated to not care about. But to each their own.