• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Carter Go

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we can have a discussion among real fans, should Carter go?

He has 1 year left on his current contract and will be in line for some bigger bucks based upon regular season goals. He is also the only part that has real value that can be traded. Also, I don't think he can or will transition into a wing. Briere and Giroux also are much better at center.

I say go afer Mason or Ellis and if we get either, then trade Carter for for a scoring wing or defense help, prospects and picks. We would also free up cap space to add either a wing or defense that we don't get for him.

Yes, Carter has to go. We have a lot of good centers on the team. Plus, we need could use that money for a good young goalie and we need another right winger. He's our best piece to use to make a deal happen. Hopefully, Homer can pull it off.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Carter has to go. We have a lot of good centers on the team. Plus, we need could use that money for a good young goalie and we need another right winger. He's our best piece to use to make a deal happen. Hopefully, Homer can pull it off.

Thanks for coming over jersey! Glad you took the invite man! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flyers need to evaluate a few things this offseason. Carter is going to be a winger on this team if he stays. He has to commit to this position and change his style of play. No more random shots from poor scoring areas just to throw a puck on net. If he cant do this or does not want to do this, the only option is to move him. For what tho? Who knows. Everyone thinks Bernier. Would love to see it but have a feeling it will be a move no one expects

kevgar44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree that Carter seems to be the most tradeable piece as good size salary and no NMC clause. The main impetus to trade him is his weak playoffs the last 2 years. Shoulder injury last year and this year playing on 2 broken feet. He was rushed back and was not near 100%, but they decided a 60% Carter was better than a 100% Kalinski. I think Briere did amazing this playoffs, but if you can work a deal to move him, he makes the most sense, as all of your other pieces are quite a bit younger, if you can't then maybe Carter is the one to go. I still think Carter will continue to put up huge numbers, there are a lot of other GM's that would love to have him.

Also recall that when the Phantoms won the Calder Cup, Carter was the leading scorer in the playoffs and he was just brought up from juniors for the playoffs. Also playing in the world juniors, he was Canada's top goal scorer and made the tournament all-star team twice, playing on a line with Getzlaf (Getzlaf played the wing). So he has produced on the big stage in the past, just not the last two years, and both can be somewhat attributed to injuries. Just my thoughts.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter doesn't get moved then what do we do about the fact that the team will have five good centers. Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux, and Betts. It looks like Betts is locked in as the fourth line center. Giroux has to start getting more minutes and with better line mates...other wise his skill is wasted, imo. I see Richards, Giroux, and Betts as locks. I don't see seem Briere being moved either. I just don't see him waiving his NMC and I don't know if other teams want to take on his salary/cap hit. Carter has said in the past that he doesn't want to play win, but I think that Briere has proven that he has been misused by the Flyers at wing (same goes for Giroux). Briere deserves to stay in the middle even with his shaky defense. What if Carter decides that he isn't going to play wing? Then what?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want a Goalie or a young winger to play with Giroux

24747_1140160963084_1799226355_286449_1029628_n.jpg

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that's not the missus! And why does it seem like Briere is always falling asleep at the wrong times?

Too soon?

haha too soon. Danny and Claude need to trade girls

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright....which one of you pricks neg rep'd me??

(I'm waiting...)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think Richards didn't get the blow job of his life that night?:cool: I agree about Giroux, what the hell! The way he finished he should have some babe hanging on tight.:D

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they both got blown that night...and the night after that..and...

mrfreeze1179

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sad to see Carter be a casualty b/c of his injuries last year...but it was nice to see the team gel and work together like he was never in the picture. Carters trade should bring two things....A scoring winger (kinda missing Lupul) the team needs someone on the wing that can score next season. And a young goalie.....
However I have faith that we should get both....whether one or both come from Carter's trade or one from free agency.

On cap space LA has around 14mil in space with UFA's of Modin, Frolov, Halpern and O'donnell.

My trade offer to LA- Carter for Quick and the rights to Frolov- LA gets a 30-40 goal scorer and still have Bernier, Flyers get a legit 20-30 goal winger resign around 3-3.2mil and a 1.8mil/year young goalie. Salary space stays the same adding two valuable pieces!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for....

27959_592891209416_31506022_34284119_5876561_n.jpg