• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Bochy mix up the lineup tonight?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we can all agree on who should be playing in the game tonight (well maybe some people prefer Pablo over Fontenot,) but with how the offense has been lately should Bochy shake it up to see if it produces? If you think he should then post what you would like to see out there (only explain your lineup if you want to.)

1. Ross RF
2. Torres CF
3. Posey C
4. Huff 1B
5. Burrell LF
6. Sanchez 2B
7. Fontenot 3B
8. Uribe SS

Ross has a higher OBP than Torres, he can run well, and he has been hot lately. Torres has a higher SLG% so it makes sense to have Ross hit in front of Torres, also I like having our fastest starters next to each other in the lineup. Posey is the best hitter on the team and I think he's a 3 hitter, not a 4. Putting Huff at cleanup breaks up the righties and he's a better cleanup than Posey. Burrell is in the same spot, only hitting behind Huff instead, also when Schierholtz replaces him, it gives us another good hit and run combo with Schierholtz in front of Sanchez. I seem to remember Sanchez getting hot each time he's been bumped down in the order, so once that happen he can move back up, and until Uribe gets hot he needs to be in the 8 spot.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me Uribe is a perfect guy to bat 8th (except for his avg. speed). Don't you want a guy who will swing at crap with the pitcher coming up next batting 8th?

Let's hope a healthy, rested, more disciplined Uribe shows up tonight.

I like Posey batting third also. I think that will be his position in the order for most of his career. I guess as long as Torres bats 1st, it makes the most sense to bat Huff 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch you guys later in the game. Hopefully Halladay pitches like a jit bag in the 1st few innings, and the Giants rough him up. Early!