• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone has to go it's him. Play calling cost them games that should never happen.

I'm teetering on Ireland because he didn't get much out of this past draft although some players could step up next year.

I will give Philbin a pass as he had to deal with a lot of BS this year. Also some injuries and loss of offensive linemen which they couldn't afford to lose.

The D confuses me. They should have been better especially the DT's. Is that the DC's fault or did we over rate them?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DC didnt maximize the talent he has on his unit. The simple fact that we didnt pressure teams as much as we could have is the clear indicator

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DC didnt maximize the talent he has on his unit. The simple fact that we didnt pressure teams as much as we could have is the clear indicator

So would you only fire the DC even though the offense only put up 7 points in two games?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would you only fire the DC even though the offense only put up 7 points in two games?

Yes, because the defense was a fairly healthy unit for most of the season so they have no excuse. As I said earlier, the DC did not maximize the talent he had on the squad and that is reason to get fired.

There are several reasons not to fire anyone on offense , or at least give them another year. Lets start with the fact that Tannehill is still young and developing - I think it would be a bad move to make drastic changes to the offense at this stage and force him to learn a different system at this point.

We have had injuries to key players like Gibson and Keller. We had guys step up in their place but it is never good to lose guys of their quality - More so considering how comfortable Tannehill looked playing when they were around.

That is reasons not to fire anyone on offense.

Philbin nor Ireland should not be fired because they did everything possible for this team to be in the position they were today to almost make the playoffs despite all of the injuries and distractions. I think it is laughable and said and speaks to how lousy and ignorant the s.fla sports fan base is when they suggest Philbin or Ireland need to be fired. Don’t understand why fans of this city hold players in such high regard, so much so that they seem too blind to and ignorant to criticize players (especially big name players) when they don’t rise to the occasion. But when things do go wrong people want to point at the coaches and front office. I have said this time and again and it is said by broadcasters often and people in and around the game -- The front office and coaches can only do so much - The minute they hit the field, where the game is decided, it is they who ultimately have control of the outcome and it is they who deserve the most praise or blame for an outcome. That is all there is to it. That is the fact of the matter. But, if people want to continue to blame the coach, GM, owner - go ahead and we will have a different coach, gm, etc every year and get the same results.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Chudzinski has just been fired - He does some WCO stuff which I think is the offense that best suits Tannehill - how about him for OC

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches in the NFL have a bigger influence on a teams fortunes than any other sport. I have to disagree with you on Sherman due to this even though he couldn't control the injuries. He simply blew games due to his horrific play calling at times and on some occasions piss poor formations. They do need to find a replacement who knows the offense totally agree there. I'd be OK with Chudzinski as he understands that you need to run the ball and at least show it in run situations to keep the D honest.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Chud has not been fired…yet…

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dumbfins are too stupid to win a superbowl. they cant even make the playoffs by beating the lowly bills and yets.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW Chud has officially been fired.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dumbfins are too stupid to win a superbowl. they cant even make the playoffs by beating the lowly bills and yets.

At the very least when we had an undefeated season, we finished it off with an SB championship. And at least we didnt have to use spygate to win our titles.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least when we had an undefeated season, we finished it off with an SB championship. And at least we didnt have to use spygate to win our titles.
filming wasnt illegal when they won and every team was doing it. at least the pats will go down as the greatest dynasty ever under brady and bb unlike the dumbfins.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
filming wasnt illegal when they won and every team was doing it. at least the pats will go down as the greatest dynasty ever under brady and bb unlike the dumbfins.

Dude we've been over this a million times already there will always be an asterisk by those wins. Only pats fans don't acknowledge this as you're in your own little world but everyone else does. They were caught after the league issued the memo there was no excuse for it...

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. maybe if they sucked after they were caught it might be a different story. but they still go to sb's and even win the division with half their team on ir. spygate only gives haters an excuse for their jealousy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that they haven't won a super bowl since then....coincidence? I think not. There's bullet holes in your theory dude as we never said the patsies weren't good they just used illegal methods to put them over the top. They can't do it now and haven't won since even with very good teams. It's actually quite comical...keep sucking up Belicheats kool-aid.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably get some heat for this but I am just throwing out names as they become available to gauge peoples thoughts - so take it easy.

Mike Shanahan and staff have been fired officially. How about Mike as OC or his son? I believe, if Mike doesnt retire he will have a hard time looking for a job as an HC - he may have to settle for an OC job for a season.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who doesnt think Tannehill is the future? He is a mediocre QB at best. When did this once great franchise except mediocrity as something good. He is not good QB, he has a weak arm, his accuracy is terrible, the only reason he had such high % completions in games was because WRs like Hartline and Clay would make even better catches, or because we dink the ball 5 yds on every play. He has the ability to run and never does and when he does do it like yesterdays game, he makes a bonheaded move and slides and costs us a first down. I know our O line was terrible this year, but he knew that too, so why stay in the pocket the entire time, he needs to get out of and use his legs. He is a drive killer. Everytime we start a drive and get going to nscore, he either throws a INT or takes a stupid sack or overthrows the WR. I am sorry but he is not a good QB, I have him as avergae to below average.

I am not saying I have the answer for the position either, I dont know if the answer is through the draft or through FA, but the answer is definitely not Tannehill. I mean geeeze, he has had the same coach calling his plays his whole career, and still couldnt make things happen.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Shanny in a heartbeat if he'd drop to OC. Even HC if they fire Philbin. His son as OC too would be an improvement.

As for Tanny give him time he needs a line and better OC. I would draft a QB in middle of draft to push him.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top QBs are out of reach for the Fins and not needed right now. But, I expect most of the rest of the QBs to go in the mid to late rounds and the Dolphins can find a good one then to compete with Tannehill.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz out in Det. but i want no part of that guy in any way

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that they haven't won a super bowl since then....coincidence? I think not. There's bullet holes in your theory dude as we never said the patsies weren't good they just used illegal methods to put them over the top. They can't do it now and haven't won since even with very good teams. It's actually quite comical...keep sucking up Belicheats kool-aid.
yea it put them over the top thats why they didnt win in 2002, 2005, and 2006.