• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman on his NFCCG Rant

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a system CB. I think he benefits greatly from all the talent around him. He'd be average on many other teams in the league. I hope he gets a big contract somewhere else to expose him.

The more impressive part of the Crabtree play was the LB hustling over to make the pick. That ball simply drops to the ground without the LB hustling his tail off.

And Kaep made a bad throw on top of everything else.

I'd rather see them lose Thomas and watch Sherman get exposed on the Hawks. That would be fun.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, you think it's all a circus act. Okay, fine let's go there. So, in order to get ahead and get a good gig post NFL, according to you, you have to be a circus act douchebag. Meanwhile, the target audience's expectations from said douchebag is to be this altruistic automaton saying the right things in the name of class. And you don't see anything wrong there in your assessment?

giphy.gif

That's not even close to what I said. I said being a circus act douchebag apparently hasn't hurt him in terms of publicity and opportunities in media. At least to date. There are many TV and radio personalities who are blowhards. And there are many who aren't. As a player, having something that sets you apart can help a guy land a gig that lots of players are angling for after their careers.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people misuse the term "system" when talking about corners because most corners benefit from being a part of a specific style of defense. Revis had a down year in 2013 because the TB coaches were a bunch of dolts and had him playing against his style, but that doesn't mean he's only a mid level CB. And of course Sherman benefits from having talent around him (specifically Earl Thomas), as that's like saying Gore benefits from having Iupati.

Sherman has called himself "the best CB in the game". By my definition, the best doesn't have to announce he's the best and second the best should be able to function in any system. Look at Deion Sanders. He was very good with the Cowboys, Falcons, and Niners. You put him on an island and you forget about him.

I think Revis is a bad example. He was still recovering from a knee injury. I don't count last year. Let's see what he does this year.

And with regards to Gore, he's great for a lot of reasons beyond his line. He's a fantastic pass blocker which translates to any system and his vision is pretty phenomenal as well. He catches the ball out of the backfield. He'd be fine on a vast majority of teams. Remember he produced on some garbage teams prior to the last three years.

I agree there are many players that rely on their teammates as part of their performance......and those folks are generally not greats of the game. Barry Sanders and Walter Payton come to mind. Great RBs on a lot of garbage teams. Sherman couldn't pull that off at the CB position. He's a good player but not the player he touts himself to be.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people misuse the term "system" when talking about corners because most corners benefit from being a part of a specific style of defense. Revis had a down year in 2013 because the TB coaches were a bunch of dolts and had him playing against his style, but that doesn't mean he's only a mid level CB. And of course Sherman benefits from having talent around him (specifically Earl Thomas), as that's like saying Gore benefits from having Iupati.

frank gore went almost his entire career with one of the worst offensive lines in front of him and zero passing game and still tore teams up when they stacked the box, bad analogy!!!!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how well he plays. Still an ass. Most influential jackass sounds about right,

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he have a relationship with the league after his career, or at least continue to capitalize on his career? Hell, the guy regularly writes guest columns for MMQB. It is very unlikely he would be doing that if his antics hadn't brought attention to him. Frankly, if he wants a career in broadcasting/media after his career, being an inflammatory personality is actually a pretty good way to go.

As for emotions running high during a game, that doesn't explain the way he acted when he went on First Take. Or, for that matter, his rant after the NFCCG, which came several minutes after his play had effectively clinched the win.

Why not if it works for that worthless douche Sapp, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Sherm, NFL Net seems to love that shit.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not if it works for that worthless douche Sapp, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Sherm, NFL Net seems to love that shit.

They can call it the blowhard network but I suspect once Sherman's playing days are over, no one is going to give a damn what he has to say.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They can call it the blowhard network but I suspect once Sherman's playing days are over, no one is going to give a damn what he has to say.

It remains to be seen. The guy is only what, three years in? He could be in the league another decade.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen. The guy is only what, three years in? He could be in the league another decade.

He will probably be around for awhile. Will be subjected to his stupidity. A good example to show young kids how not to behave on the field

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's not even close to what I said. I said being a circus act douchebag apparently hasn't hurt him in terms of publicity and opportunities in media. At least to date. There are many TV and radio personalities who are blowhards. And there are many who aren't. As a player, having something that sets you apart can help a guy land a gig that lots of players are angling for after their careers.

You said being a circus is probably the best way to go for a broadcast gig. The implication was quite clear. I think you may be back peddling. If you're just clarifying, that's fine. Also, most TV and radio personalities who are blowhards tend to be never-played-anything journalists like your First Take shows with Smith + Bayless. They are one of the biggest sports trolls with zero insight and all conjecture.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You said being a circus is probably the best way to go for a broadcast gig. The implication was quite clear. I think you may be back peddling. If you're just clarifying, that's fine. Also, most TV and radio personalities who are blowhards tend to be never-played-anything journalists like your First Take shows with Smith + Bayless. They are one of the biggest sports trolls with zero insight and all conjecture.

Look, you seem pretty new here, at least on the Niners board, so I mean this in the best possible way: Don't be a dick. Don't put words in my mouth, and don't follow that up by accusing me of changing my position. It's childish, and easily disproved.

The funny thing about this type of message board is that don't have to guess at what I said. You can look and see precisely what I wrote. Heck, you can even include my post in your response, as you did above. I realize it's asking a lot of you to scroll up the page to where you initially quoted me or, heaven forbid, go all the way back to page one of the thread to re-read the original post. I'll spare you the trouble just this once. Here's what I said:

Frankly, if he wants a career in broadcasting/media after his career, being an inflammatory personality is actually a pretty good way to go.

At no time did I say that's the best or only way to go. I simply observed that a number of people - and former players in particular - have gone on to successful sports media careers due in large part to their personalities.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously questioning whether this Epic character is capable of both reading and comprehending the English language.

Who spawned him and why did he come here to troll us?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'm going to say my 2 cents worth here about the Crabtree/Sherman thing. Sherman gives Crabtree a good game pat on the butt and holds out his hand and gets a shove to the face and he's the bad guy?

Now I heard it said that he should not of done it right away, saying good game, but isn't that when it is done? Hell just watch the after math of the Superbowl.

The truth is Crabtree was a poor loser and was the bad guy.

9er_plight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK I'm going to say my 2 cents worth here about the Crabtree/Sherman thing. Sherman gives Crabtree a good game pat on the butt and holds out his hand and gets a shove to the face and he's the bad guy?

Now I heard it said that he should not of done it right away, saying good game, but isn't that when it is done? Hell just watch the after math of the Superbowl.

Sherman saying "good game" to Crabtree after that play is about as sincere as me telling you "nice post" for your opinion on who was playing the part of a bad guy in that situation...

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take off your homer glasses. :L

I understand that Sherman is your guy and you want to defend him. I understand that you may not see how a handshake can be received or offered as a mocking gesture.

But THIS guy was clearly trying to be the bad guy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjOkTib5eVQ]Richard Sherman Going Off on Michael Crabtree w/ Erin Andrews! - YouTube[/ame]

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman is an asshole His intent was to rub it in. Crabtree hasnt had issues with players from other teams but Sherman seems to have. Kinda tells you something.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman saying "good game" to Crabtree after that play is about as sincere as me telling you "nice post" for your opinion on who was playing the part of a bad guy in that situation...

I would guess this goes for a lot of games, almost all of them. The winner is saying good game with a grin on his face in many of the games. On occasion the player is being sincere, Tell me do you you think Peyton was sincere saying good game after the Superbowl , or was he just trying to be a good sport? The truth is the loser is the loser and needs to try to act like it's just a game and not act like he's butt hurt just because they lose. Shoving someone in the face for saying good game screams poor loser. Take it with some grace for God Sakes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess this goes for a lot of games, almost all of them. The winner is saying good game with a grin on his face in many of the games. On occasion the player is being sincere, Tell me do you you think Peyton was sincere saying good game after the Superbowl , or was he just trying to be a good sport? The truth is the loser is the loser and needs to try to act like it's just a game and not act like he's butt hurt just because they lose. Shoving someone in the face for saying good game screams poor loser. Take it with some grace for God Sakes.

Bull. Sherman and Crabtree have a history. Sherman was rubbing ot in. You have got it backwards. It os Sherman who is a poor winner and has no class. Between his rubbing ii in to Crabtree, the Choke Sogn gesture, and his remarks after the game
No class. He is the one that needs a lesson on sportsmanship

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull. Sherman and Crabtree have a history. Sherman was rubbing ot in. You have got it backwards. It os Sherman who is a poor winner and has no class. Between his rubbing ii in to Crabtree, the Choke Sogn gesture, and his remarks after the game
No class. He is the one that needs a lesson on sportsmanship

Obvious there are some hard feelings between them before this game, but saying good game(even if your not believing it) is what is done after games. Shoving someone in the face for something that is normal protocol because you lose is BS.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obvious there are some hard feelings between them before this game, but saying good game(even if your not believing it) is what is done after games. Shoving someone in the face for something that is normal protocol because you lose is BS.

Like his classy moves after Seattle beat the Pats last season... "normal protocol" for Sherman...