• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman got paid...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Ok, so the first bolded makes no sense to me unless your team plans on spending a major quantity of draft picks this year on OL. Based on what you said, it is automatically addition by subtraction by letting McQ and Glac walk because you assume that those players coming in are automatically better, which will have to be seen.

The second bolded makes it so that you are putting MORE pressure on Wilson to not only do his job, but severely compensate for another's lack of ability to do theirs. Based on this season and RW's stats in games against decent opponents without Okung, you cannot be serious. I get it, you view your team through the same rose colored glasses that we see our team with, but that is a farce to think that your team can function well without a solid LT and discount it by simply saying that you have RW. Remember the beating RW took towards the middle of this season and the fact that he had to more or less run for his life? Your statement sounds as if you are ok with that for a full 16-game schedule.

You may not need an All-Pro LT but you at least need a SOLID LT in order for your offense to function. A SOLID LT is both difficult to find and, if bought in FA, expensive.

Lastly, Unger and Okung are far and away the best OL you have. You know this better then I do. Sweezy is good in run blocking but IMO average at best in pass protection. That leaves two holes that you are looking to fill with Carp, who has been a bust up to this point, and Bowie, who showed some flashes but is consistently unimpressive. And that's BEFORE talking about Okung leaving. This will either pose a problem in making cap room to re-sign Okung or finding his replacement that isn't a severe downgrade from the production you got from Okung when he was healthy.

dred, you have me playing defense but I suppose I asked for it. All in good fun.

With the cap in mind we let McQ and Giac leave. They would command roughly $7-$8 Million to keep both.
McQ is a career backup who is very versatile and can play all OL positions except C.
Giac is a nasty tuff type road grader who is not well rounded as a RT. Good run blocker. So is Bailey.

In another thread you said the 9ers had Justin Smiths replacement in Tank. Right now we have Bailey for that and he got a little play time in the regular season and more in the playoffs including the SB.
Replacing Giac is not as big a task compared to replacing JS, but you took a stab at it anyway.

Carp is in his contract year. I don't expect him to play at a lower level than he played at last year. A similar performance will get him his walking papers and cost him millions. I say he plays at = or > last year.
We will draft OL. I am not saying we fixed our OL problem. It is very possible we have not downgraded, maybe maintained, and saved about $6 Mill off the cap.

Regarding Okung, I am not the 1st Hawk fan in this thread that thinks Okung might become a cap casualty. He is outstanding when healthy and plays about 10-12 games a year for a bout a million a game. I would love to replace him next year (as I said earlier-not this year) for a reliable LT who can play at about80- 90% of Okungs effectiveness for a rookie contract at a cap savings of millions.
We have other fish to fry.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad that when we do any sort of speculating as to any sort of weaknesses the Seahawks might have we have Tweedledee, Tweedledum, and Tweedledumber to rush over to our board and set us straight. It can be difficult to decipher their borderline illiterate ramblings at times but at least we can rely on them for some first rate football knowledge. Like, that Richard Sherman is 24 and that making multiple players the highest paid at their position doesn't matter because the cap is inflating and in no way, shape, or form does that mean that salaries across the board will inflate. Good work guys, thanks for coming onto our board and keeping us informed.

Yes, this old man rambles and the written word is a weakness of mine. It's due to a combination of things and most have been tolerant with me on this.
Your post was pretty mellow considering what you said about the Seahawk fan base earlier. It is your choice to avoid a differing view but as a heads up, a thread about the Seahawks on this site might draw a few of us to post.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you meant here?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Seahawk fans know we are going to have to let guys go. We know we cant sign all of our guys. Some just left. I have read many posts like yours saying we are going to lose players.

We get it. That was all I was trying to say. No argument.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently, those who are critical of his post game NFL Championship antics are racially motivated too.

There were people who used racist words and phrases to refer to him after that. That's without considering the term "thug," which may have some racial echoes.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were people who used racist words and phrases to refer to him after that. That's without considering the term "thug," which may have some racial echoes.

Yep. I didn't follow it that closely, but apparently some (likely a small percentage) went way over the line. However, a lot of non-racists weren't happy with his outburst. Unfortunately, the few crazies gave him an easy out to deflect/minimize his own antics.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fanbase has to be given a pass. They are not used to winning (anything in any sport) and this is new territory for them with the Seahawks. If they seem like they are figuring out who they are....well, it's cuz they are.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dred, you have me playing defense but I suppose I asked for it. All in good fun.

With the cap in mind we let McQ and Giac leave. They would command roughly $7-$8 Million to keep both.
McQ is a career backup who is very versatile and can play all OL positions except C.
Giac is a nasty tuff type road grader who is not well rounded as a RT. Good run blocker. So is Bailey.

In another thread you said the 9ers had Justin Smiths replacement in Tank. Right now we have Bailey for that and he got a little play time in the regular season and more in the playoffs including the SB.
Replacing Giac is not as big a task compared to replacing JS, but you took a stab at it anyway.

Carp is in his contract year. I don't expect him to play at a lower level than he played at last year. A similar performance will get him his walking papers and cost him millions. I say he plays at = or > last year.
We will draft OL. I am not saying we fixed our OL problem. It is very possible we have not downgraded, maybe maintained, and saved about $6 Mill off the cap.

Regarding Okung, I am not the 1st Hawk fan in this thread that thinks Okung might become a cap casualty. He is outstanding when healthy and plays about 10-12 games a year for a bout a million a game. I would love to replace him next year (as I said earlier-not this year) for a reliable LT who can play at about80- 90% of Okungs effectiveness for a rookie contract at a cap savings of millions.
We have other fish to fry.

Not trying to put you on the defensive, just confused by your initial explanation regarding your OL.

My biggest point was this. McQ and Glac, regardless of what you thought of them, were starters for your team (moreso Glac) for most of the year and if there was a better option on the roster, it's reasonable to assume that he would have been playing MUCH more last year. So my point was that there is a whole lotta hope with regards to the draft for your OL it seems. Finding that guy to replace Okung should he be shown the door is a bit more difficult but not impossible...but that guy will most likely be needed to be drafted NOW.

As far as JS is concerned, he is signed for another two years (contract done after 2015 season) and he has not really shown much drop off from his career averages, if any. Tank will be given a HUGE opportunity to prove himself this season as his first healthy season as part of our DL rotation. He's a 2nd round pick who dropped from the top 10 because of a torn ACL and has plenty of talent and work ethic to become exactly what we need.

This year, between Lattimore to share carries with Gore, and Tank to share snaps with JS and Ray Ray, will be a great opportunity for the Niners org and Niner fans to see what the next generation of Niners look like.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to put you on the defensive, just confused by your initial explanation regarding your OL.

My biggest point was this. McQ and Glac, regardless of what you thought of them, were starters for your team (moreso Glac) for most of the year and if there was a better option on the roster, it's reasonable to assume that he would have been playing MUCH more last year. So my point was that there is a whole lotta hope with regards to the draft for your OL it seems. Finding that guy to replace Okung should he be shown the door is a bit more difficult but not impossible...but that guy will most likely be needed to be drafted NOW.

As far as JS is concerned, he is signed for another two years (contract done after 2015 season) and he has not really shown much drop off from his career averages, if any. Tank will be given a HUGE opportunity to prove himself this season as his first healthy season as part of our DL rotation. He's a 2nd round pick who dropped from the top 10 because of a torn ACL and has plenty of talent and work ethic to become exactly what we need.

This year, between Lattimore to share carries with Gore, and Tank to share snaps with JS and Ray Ray, will be a great opportunity for the Niners org and Niner fans to see what the next generation of Niners look like.

It's no sweat. We both can read our team's walls and we have faith our FO's will plug the holes as best they can

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't really care if he got paid or not, he's playing in the NFL so the guy is already making more money than most Americans so who cares really?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Seahawk fans know we are going to have to let guys go. We know we cant sign all of our guys. Some just left. I have read many posts like yours saying we are going to lose players.

We get it. That was all I was trying to say. No argument.

I didn't think it was an argument, just didn't understand. I wasn't trying to say that seattle fans didn't realize that they would lose players. The other guy just posted a really condescending response to someone else so I was reiterating that even though the front office thought out the contracts they had given, guys will still be lost. As it is for every team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think it was an argument, just didn't understand. I wasn't trying to say that seattle fans didn't realize that they would lose players. The other guy just posted a really condescending response to someone else so I was reiterating that even though the front office thought out the contracts they had given, guys will still be lost. As it is for every team.
Not a problem 007. I poorly wrote my earlier post and it is my fault for lack of communicating properly.
My skin is a little thin continually hearing that we cant keep the team together. We will keep it together best as possible, just like your team.:suds: