• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherlock

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be Top 3 for me.
I do like the twist of Moriarty intentionally misleading Sherlock with fake 'tells' but the whole bomb thing did nothing for me. Its very cliche and its the majority of the episode.

It seemed like the entire idea of the episode was to show how disconnected Sherlock was from the consequences of these crimes and this is reinforced by everything moving so quickly that none of the bomb victims are developed. IIRC a lot of the puzzles happen in a manner that the audience can't really participate in. Its like the Blind Banker episode except sped up at 3x speed. In that episode, you see John Watson try to balance a real job and a real dating life with the craziness of Sherlock Holmes and he fails. This episode immediately follows and what you're left with is an escalation to Moriarty and his full-on insanity. Its a logical progression but I guess it didn't work for me on nearly the same level as when Moriarty comes back in season 2.

There is a very campy quality to the end of a lot of the episodes in Sherlock but the swimming pool scene stands out both in terms of quality and camp. "Hi, I'm the villain. I can't let you leave. Or can I? No? But yes'

Its a good episode just not as good as the others for me. I think they're all pretty close in terms of quality except the wedding episode and the final episode. Even those have a really good core concept but I don't think either stuck the landing for me.

Its just a good show all around.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why this show has been in my backlog for so long but I'm about 5 episodes in and its pretty darn good. I'd give the first episode an A and the other 4 an A-. The plots move quickly and they are able to cover quite a bit of ground in an hour and a half.

I'm not sure it lends itself to serious binge-watching but its definitely something I'll work through in the next few weeks.

Yes, binging it was not good. I got bored with it quickly and then jumped around watching episodes.