• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shawn Michaels new book: Wrestling For My Life

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard of his new book? Suppose to be really good. I want to get it, but only if Shawn opens up about his dark days and his drug abuse days. He's never opened up about it and even in his DVD specials when they cover his darkest times he never comes out directly and in detail describe what he did.....it's been a mystery.

I mean even in one DVD segment he declines taking roids with Nash and says he "ate pancakes every morning and suddenly got huge."

Anyone here read the book and know if he actually does open up about his drug abuse? Everyone knows it is there, but he never talks openly about it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he has turned his life around but after all of the shit that I have heard other wrestlers and talent say about how he treated people I have no interest in putting a nickel in his pocket.

Literally no one that knew him has anything good to say about him (that I have seen at least). Even his former Cliq members talk crap about him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he has turned his life around but after all of the shit that I have heard other wrestlers and talent say about how he treated people I have no interest in putting a nickel in his pocket.

Literally no one that knew him has anything good to say about him (that I have seen at least). Even his former Cliq members talk crap about him.
And if that is detailed in his book I would like to read about it, but Shawn never seems to touch on the bad stuff.

I have never heard thst about michaels btw.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is pretty much universally hated behind the scenes due to his using his position to screw other wrestlers and personal over at his own whim. He and the other Cliq members had people fired, ruined their careers, or screwed them in the ring just because they didn't like them and they could. Ask Vader, Ken Shamrock, Chris Candido, Dean Douglas, Bam Bam Bigelow, and the British Bulldog (among others) about this.

Check out some shoot interviews with other wrestlers who reference him. Nothing but hate for him due to his backstage politics and attitude.

Of course there are 2 sides to every story and Michaels was a great performer but when even two of his closest Cliq members bad mouth him (Scott Hall and Sean Waltman), it makes you think that there must be something to what so many people are saying.

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be funny, here, but cannot ask Chris Candido. He died.
Oh, and so is the British Bulldog.
Damn shame.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is pretty much universally hated behind the scenes due to his using his position to screw other wrestlers and personal over at his own whim. He and the other Cliq members had people fired, ruined their careers, or screwed them in the ring just because they didn't like them and they could. Ask Vader, Ken Shamrock, Chris Candido, Dean Douglas, Bam Bam Bigelow, and the British Bulldog (among others) about this.

Check out some shoot interviews with other wrestlers who reference him. Nothing but hate for him due to his backstage politics and attitude.

Of course there are 2 sides to every story and Michaels was a great performer but when even two of his closest Cliq members bad mouth him (Scott Hall and Sean Waltman), it makes you think that there must be something to what so many people are saying.

He got away with it because he's arguably the best in ring performer of all time and he had the right political connections. But yeah, I've never heard of another wrestler who was as disliked by his contemporaries as Micheals was during the 90's. His second stint during the 2000's was supposedly much better

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he'd talk about the bad stuff of the 90s...how he screwed people, his drug use, etc. that's what I want to read.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last night ric flair was being asked about sting, and said he was thankful he had Shawn Michaels to carry him around the ring at his first wrestlemania when he was 59. Really appreciated how good Shawn was as a performer.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of the dislike for him was jealousy? Scott Hall and Sean Waltman might not be the most credible sources. Those guys are train wrecks.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How much of the dislike for him was jealousy? Scott Hall and Sean Waltman might not be the most credible sources. Those guys are train wrecks.

The Rock (the biggest crossover star in history and hardly ever a bad word said about him) has still never had a match with Micheals because of their personal animosity from mid/late 90s when their paths crossed. Steve Austin and Micheals also disliked each other during that time period. He talked about it on his podcast today.. the Undertaker was supposedly waiting backstage with his fists taped in case Micheals refused to do the job.

Unless there's a grandiose conspiracy theory to make Shawn Micheals seem like an asshole during that time period it's safe to say the guy was a douche towards everyone outisde of the kliq. It's not just a couple wrestlers saying it. It's most people from that time period who worked with him

As far as in ring work my favorites are guys like Bret Hart and Benoit. I prefer the technicians and the ones who sold moves as realistically as possible. But Micheals was the best of all time at what he did in the ring. He was so fluid and athletic. He could have a 4 star match with a broom stick

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea HBK was amazing....I relived his work when he came back from injury and feuded with triple H....my god what a story these two told! You don't see that type of work anymore.

It also doesn't help when JR isn't calling the matches.