• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hill

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with starting Hill is this.

I don't think he is good enough to get them to the playoffs, but good enough to take the Rams out of the top 10 for '15 draft. What do they do then?

If they started Davis from day 1, he either a) sucks and they have a top 5 pick, b) produces as many wins as Hill would but shows a lot of promise and upside that may help them in their QB search, or c) as Retro alluded to, we get a Kurt Warner situation and get lightning in a bottle.

To me, Hill makes no sense because he's not taking them to the playoffs anyways, but he will keep them from drafting one of the 3 QB's coming out ( unless they pull a Washington trade to move up which would be even worse ).
THIS!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add, that is absolutely why we shouldn't give up any picks for a QB on another teams roster.....

We have three, maybe we get another who gets cut or is a free agent for our No. 3 guy and move Gilbert to the practice squad.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it guys! I don't give a crap if the Rams blow a chance at the top 3 QBs in the draft, I want wins, 7, 8, 9 whatever. I am not waiting for another project that may or may not work out (see Bradford), I want to watch wins. If the Rams want a top project after 10 wins, trade their #1, 2, 3 and get one. Tired of this losing shit.

I'm all in with this...I want to see some Ws...If it costs a good draft spot, so fucking be it...They can start thinking about what to do next year, but it won't change what they have this year...Hill gives them the best chance to win right now...If Davis makes a giant leap and passes him, OK...If not, Hill takes them as far as he can...I've never understood the "we can't win too many games, we'll lose a good draft spot"...I couldn't give a fuck less about that...Just like I couldn't give a fuck less about what this or that does to your fantasy team..I'll root for them to win every week, without regard to the draft next year...I don't see any reasonable move they can make outside of the organization right now that would make them better than they are now...It's Hill or Davis and the defense...Defense does their job, WRs continue to show up and the O-line stays reasonably intact, this team can do some damage..I think 8-8 is about all I can see against this schedule, but I'll be here every week...Whoa, pretty dysfunctional rant...I better stop before I make a BIGGER ass out of myself...GO RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add, that is absolutely why we shouldn't give up any picks for a QB on another teams roster.....

We have three, maybe we get another who gets cut or is a free agent for our No. 3 guy and move Gilbert to the practice squad.

Yea I agree with both of your posts, Vita. Prudence would be served with going with the guys we have and I think Davis is going to be another Warner moment. If it doesn't happen, then next year's draft will be consumed by choosing one or two QB's in that QB-rich draft, O-lineman, and LB depth or finding the next Laurinaitus.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol in the words of herm Edwards, "you play to win the game".

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand wanting to see the Rams win games because it's been a decade since we've seen a winning season, but what good does a 7 or 8 win season do?

We've seen that for most of Bradford's career here. It's gotten us nowhere.

I want playoffs or I want a chance to get a freakin' franchise QB before these young guys they've been drafting start heading out the door via FA.

Hill starting gets us neither of those things.

And the last thing I want to see is the Rams having to pull off a Skins type trade just to draft one.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand wanting to see the Rams win games because it's been a decade since we've seen a winning season, but what good does a 7 or 8 win season do?

I want playoffs or I want a chance to get a freakin' franchise QB before these young guys they've been drafting start heading out the door via FA.

And the last thing I want to see is the Rams having to pull off a Skins type trade just to draft one.

Any more, finding a decent qb in the draft is a crap shoot. It seems the majority usually flat out fail/bust. Sometimes gems can be had in the later rounds, but not very often. Getting a qb in the top 10, and then starting them, to me, is what makes them fail. They should break them in slowly, take Kurt Warner for example, he wasn't "fed to the Lions", he played in the arena league before he went to the NFL. He played on a smaller field and this IMO helped him with the speed of the game. They should allow them to sit and watch before they start. I know we need a guy now, but most young qbs just cant handle the pressure starting right away.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams have to start Hill. To go with Davis makes sense if you are looking for that #1 pick, but you guys have too much talent everywhere else to experiment starting week 1. Hill is a known commodity...he's not Peyton Manning, but Rams Defense should be great and there could be plenty of games they should win if Hill meets "game manager" caliber.

I guess the silver lining is in the NFC West, if you dig yourself a hole early (say are already 2-3 games behind everyone in week 5), you can pretty much call it a season and still have time to tank.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any more, finding a decent qb in the draft is a crap shoot. It seems the majority usually flat out fail/bust. Sometimes gems can be had in the later rounds, but not very often. Getting a qb in the top 10, and then starting them, to me, is what makes them fail. They should break them in slowly, take Kurt Warner for example, he wasn't "fed to the Lions", he played in the arena league before he went to the NFL. He played on a smaller field and this IMO helped him with the speed of the game. They should allow them to sit and watch before they start. I know we need a guy now, but most young qbs just cant handle the pressure starting right away.
Excellent points Zeke. This is why it makes sense to put in Austin Davis. The dude is in his third year under the same system with the Rams (Just has a little Dolphin playbook still in his head) and as Junkie says he's got wheels!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what you mean here Angelakerams. It has gotten us a high draft pick for what the last 5-6 years but then we as fans have to sit and hold our breath that the FO doesn't screw their options up and not pick the obvious talented guy available to us by trading up or down and chasing after some project or perceived talented guy.

This latter scenario has produced an increase in talent in some cases but now were are watching some of that talent begin to falter like Austin. In the case of Pead, it simply was a flat-out screw-up and now with the Bradford scenario, that may also have been the case.:gaah:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. What good is another mediocre season, for which Fisher is the master at, if we aren't going to get to the playoffs or get a decent QB. Sure, its a dice roll for the QB, or any player for that matter. Some have a better chance than others, but any of them can be a flame-out no matter how highly touted they are. That being said, the QBs are rated highly for a reason, and since it's not an exact science by any means, we just have to go by the body of work and evaluation we have at the time of the draft. If the Rams have a shot at the playoffs by all means continue to root for them. If they come out the gates at 2-5 or 3-6 what is the point of winning more games just to finish 8-8 and then have to trade high picks for the QB we need? This team is ready to win now, we just need the key element-QB. We've all seen rookies perform well--Andrew Luck, RG3, etc. If the players feel that the team is making progress they will be more likely to stick around than bolt when the get the chance. 8-8 every year is not going to keep anybody wanting to stay in beautiful scenic St. Louis.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent points Zeke. This is why it makes sense to put in Austin Davis. The dude is in his third year under the same system with the Rams (Just has a little Dolphin playbook still in his head) and as Junkie says he's got wheels!

Maybe we have something here and we dont know it quite yet. Letting them sit helps them develop IMO

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we bring back Tony Banks !!!:whistle: