• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hill

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me tell you guys, I am a believer in this guy. He is an upgrade from Kellen Clemens and we played pretty well behind KC last season when Sam went down. This guy isn't going to hurt you, I saw him put up 44 points against us at Ford Field a few years ago with the Lions. Defense wins championships and we certainly have the ability to be a top 5 defense in this league. So, with that, lets pick our heads up and move on, the season isn't lost. We rallied around a grocery store stocker in 1999 with NO NFL experience, why can't we rally around a 16 year NFL crafty veteran in 2014? :clap:

PS Our Rams are ranked in the top 5 having the best back up quarterback situation, keep that in the back of your minds. :suds:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the inspiring words. Hope for a decent season

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bradford's season ending injury, the future of our QB is in question. I'm not sure what the Rams will do. I like Shaun Hill but he hasn't played much since 2010. We will see.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Hill is Sam Bradford except old and without being made of tissue paper and money.

Not 'hypothetical upside' Sam Bradford. Shaun Hill is Sam Bradford as we saw him. Except 34 1/2 years old.

There is the thought that a QB of that level playing with the running game and oline Clemens was with the improvements over the course of a year...yeah, things could break the right way and the Rams could have a decent season. But Shaun Hill is who he is at this point.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents:

Shaun Hill has always been that guy that is too good for a backup job, but just not good enough to be a starter. The problem for the Rams is you play in the best division in football right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Hill's last meaningful play was in Sam Bradford's rookie season. He went 3-7. The Rams probably saw Hill play his best game and that was when the Rams couldnt get any pressure and Hill was able to get the ball to some guy named Calvin Johnson.

Bottom line: He had stats that were better than Bradford's average play but not as good as Bradford's play under Brian Schottenheimer.

I'm not drinking the kool aid on this move. Develop a young guy or bring a good vet past his prime in.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher has already stated he is going with Hill. I think Davis will eventually win the job though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we still had Thad Lewis... He looked promising (as a back up).

He's not looking to great for the Bills this preseason, could end up losing the back-up job to Tuel.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh never mind...... Damit! (MCL) expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks....:L

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with starting Hill is this.

I don't think he is good enough to get them to the playoffs, but good enough to take the Rams out of the top 10 for '15 draft. What do they do then?

If they started Davis from day 1, he either a) sucks and they have a top 5 pick, b) produces as many wins as Hill would but shows a lot of promise and upside that may help them in their QB search, or c) as Retro alluded to, we get a Kurt Warner situation and get lightning in a bottle.

To me, Hill makes no sense because he's not taking them to the playoffs anyways, but he will keep them from drafting one of the 3 QB's coming out ( unless they pull a Washington trade to move up which would be even worse ).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill starting all year will be a benefit. He would have started eventually anyway. Far from the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Gor what its worth, I like Tavon Austin more this week than I did last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with starting Hill is this.

I don't think he is good enough to get them to the playoffs, but good enough to take the Rams out of the top 10 for '15 draft. What do they do then?

If they started Davis from day 1, he either a) sucks and they have a top 5 pick, b) produces as many wins as Hill would but shows a lot of promise and upside that may help them in their QB search, or c) as Retro alluded to, we get a Kurt Warner situation and get lightning in a bottle.

To me, Hill makes no sense because he's not taking them to the playoffs anyways, but he will keep them from drafting one of the 3 QB's coming out ( unless they pull a Washington trade to move up which would be even worse ).

:agree:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill makes a lot of sense to the people making decisions. Fisher, Snead and Schottenheimer all probably lose their jobs if the Rams are bad enough to get one of the top 3 QBs.

I dont know about the QB spot but the Rams look really good everywhere else imo. They probably still think they can make the playoffs and certainly crazier things have happened.

The big thing the Rams are going to do is make teams really sweat about putting 3 QBs on their roster. The Rams are probably eyeballing a couple of the third stringers around the league (Saints, Patriots, Chiefs, etc)

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it guys! I don't give a crap if the Rams blow a chance at the top 3 QBs in the draft, I want wins, 7, 8, 9 whatever. I am not waiting for another project that may or may not work out (see Bradford), I want to watch wins. If the Rams want a top project after 10 wins, trade their #1, 2, 3 and get one. Tired of this losing shit.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it guys! I don't give a crap if the Rams blow a chance at the top 3 QBs in the draft, I want wins, 7, 8, 9 whatever. I am not waiting for another project that may or may not work out (see Bradford), I want to watch wins. If the Rams want a top project after 10 wins, trade their #1, 2, 3 and get one. Tired of this losing shit.

Blue, I hear ya buddy. We need our franchise QB and its time to face reality, we are still in rebuild mode and probably will be for a while. The Bradford era got us nowhere and it failed. FOUR YEARS down the drain.

Look for the Rams to draft a QB... And pray to God that it works out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh thats a shame. Thanks for the information.

Just got waived and replaced by Jordan Palmer. Not a great vote of confidence, but he is now available if the Rams had any interest in bringing him back.

After watching the game replay last night, I'm feeling better about the situation. Hill was a little shaky, but he wasn't given much time either, and was likely not expecting to play until the second half. Davis played strong, although he did have a bad force that resulted in a pick. Hard to tell if the Browns are just that bad or if the Rams were playing that well.