• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks vs Wings in the Semis

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Sharks get up to playing the defending Western Conference finalists after the parades and celebrations in San Jose for passing the first round?

It'll be a fun series to watch. Detroit in 6.

Can Pens fans ever stay up long enough to know what they are talking about? The Sharks actually get out of the first round with great regularity. Since the lockout, they've only failed once to get out of the 1st Round against arguably one of the toughest 8th seeds of all time. For the last decade, they've only failed to get out of the 1st Round twice. Historically, they have a problem getting out of the 2nd round. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though right?

Also, NOBODY in San Jose gets remotely excited (yet alone celebration worthy) about a 1st Round victory, we are well aware of our teams past. Maybe if you had said this back in 1994 or 1995, you'd be on to something.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like the Nucks and the Sharks are up against it with the Hawks and Wings. Good luck to both of us ;-)

Good luck Posty and Soggy, but let us have this one.....you guys already have enough.....especially recently!

:D

I agree!! GL Posty and Soggy!!

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Pens fans ever stay up long enough to know what they are talking about? The Sharks actually get out of the first round with great regularity. Since the lockout, they've only failed once to get out of the 1st Round against arguably one of the toughest 8th seeds of all time. For the last decade, they've only failed to get out of the 1st Round twice. Historically, they have a problem getting out of the 2nd round. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though right?

Also, NOBODY in San Jose gets remotely excited (yet alone celebration worthy) about a 1st Round victory, we are well aware of our teams past. Maybe if you had said this back in 1994 or 1995, you'd be on to something.

Tongue in cheek, sir. ;)

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Nucks and the Sharks are up against it with the Hawks and Wings. Good luck to both of us ;-)

Good luck Posty and Soggy, but let us have this one.....you guys already have enough.....especially recently!

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Same to you. Should be a great series. I don't expect this going any less than 6 games and likely 7.
I am just glad to get past Phoenix and I hope the Sharks don't watch the film of the first 6 games and make adjustments in the neutral zone.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Same to you. Should be a great series. I don't expect this going any less than 6 games and likely 7.
I am just glad to get past Phoenix and I hope the Sharks don't watch the film of the first 6 games and make adjustments in the neutral zone.

For some reason I just don't think this series is going to go 7. No guarantees, I just feel that if the Sharks can actually get over the mental hump, then they have the talent to take it in 6 and if they can't then Detroit will jump all over the Sharks and they'll win it in 6. Obviously we won't know until the series plays out though. Good luck to the Wings fans though, although I get the feeling it's the Sharks that will need it. I hope McLellan has a good game plan, because he's going up against the best coach in the league, IMO.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think this series comes down to goaltending. Both teams can score at will, it's just down to who can limit the other.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think this series comes down to goaltending. Both teams can score at will, it's just down to who can limit the other.

Tell that to Heatley, Marleau and Thornton please. ;)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

yup. good luck to us. :) I can't bring myself to wish my opponents any luck, especially them no-good dirty, rotten Hawks. *spits*.
If (big if) we get through, the Sharks scare me far more than the Wings. For some reason, Nabakov absolutely owns us in the past few years.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really think the Wings take this one.

That being said, I guess I'll root for the Sharks. Their poor fans have dealt with enough bullshit for a lifetime. Plus, I like Pavelski.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Wings take this one.

That being said, I guess I'll root for the Sharks. Their poor fans have dealt with enough bullshit for a lifetime. Plus, I like Pavelski.
WTF loki? We're supposed to be front-running, bandwagoning, grass-is-greener fans. ;)

oldschoolhockeyfan

Lifetime of Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is going to be an awesome series. No disrespect to Nucks and Hawks fans but this match up has the two teams that were playing the best hockey down the stretch in the conference.

Wings need to take it in 6. A game 7 at the Shark Tank would be tough to pull off.