• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq and Kobe vs Lebron and AD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a massacre? Not sure about that. AD would have his hands full with Shaq. But LeBron would run Kobe over like a freight train.

LeBron: 6-8 / 250
Kobe: 6-6 / 212

:heh:
Yeah, I think it would be a massacre.

LeBron and AD would not be able to withstand the aggression.

Kobe would go at both on both ends of the floor and Shaq would simply walk thru them.

The current Lakers best chance of winning would be Davis' ability to hit the 3 ball.

Shaq couldn't check him on the perimeter.

But, if the shots aren't falling ?

RIP.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it would be a massacre.

LeBron and AD would not be able to withstand the aggression.

Kobe would go at both on both ends of the floor and Shaq would simply walk thru them.

The current Lakers best chance of winning would be Davis' ability to hit the 3 ball.

Shaq couldn't check him on the perimeter.

But, if the shots aren't falling ?

RIP.

Kobe would go at both ends of the floor but LeBron wouldn't? He's not shutting LeBron down in the post. Actually it wouldn't even be close. It would be a huge mismatch in LeBron's favor.

But due to the utter dominance of Shaq in his prime a match up like this would have to favor the Diesel & Jellybean Bryant.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad comp. In my view, this Lebron/AD pairing is closer to what the Lakers were hoping for when they signed Dwight the first time to pair with Kobe (without AD's threes, obviously). Kobe and Shaq were both in their prime (although I guess you could compare Shaq's FT% to Lebron's, yikes).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe would go at both ends of the floor but LeBron wouldn't? He's not shutting LeBron down in the post. Actually it wouldn't even be close. It would be a huge mismatch in LeBron's favor.

But due to the utter dominance of Shaq in his prime a match up like this would have to favor the Diesel & Jellybean Bryant.
Oh, I'm sure LeBron would dominate Kobe if he took him into the post.

But, he probably wouldn't because he's not focused on scoring. When he is scoring at the rim, it's in transition.

How many transition baskets would he get in a pick-up game?

That's why I think they'd lose.

They wouldn't match Kobe/Shaq aggression offensively and nobody is keeping Shaq from the rim.

In fairness, I'm basing my opinion on what they've done throughout their careers.

I have no idea how they'd play in a hypothetical pick up game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm sure LeBron would dominate Kobe if he took him into the post.

But, he probably wouldn't because he's not focused on scoring.

That's why I think they'd lose.

They wouldn't match Kobe/Shaq aggression offensively and nobody is keeping Shaq from the rim.

In fairness, I'm basing my opinion on what they've done throughout their careers.

I have no idea how they'd play in a hypothetical pick up game.

Of course there's no way to really find out. But just the thought of a match up like that would be interesting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's no way to really find out. But just the thought of a match up like that would be interesting.
...and fun to " what if" about.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Bron went to the basket against Shaq.

Most are reluctant to get in front of that locomotive when he's going downhill.

Brow would be in a full body cast if he attempted the same with Shaq.

Business decision.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan has a better FT% this year (.679) than Lonzo B. Ballin' (.560).

giphy (6).gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is actually more clutch than Kobe. That is a fact but still really nothing to do with this.

This has more to do with age than anything. Kobe was paired with Shaq at best possible time, if it continued they could have possibly won 5-6--maybe more. Kobe was early in his prime-entering it and Shaq was right dead in his prime. AD is probably in his prime now and Lebron is past his prime, doesn't have quite the legs to go 82 and be dominant in playoffs like he could back in the day. Plus those Laker teams possibly had the greatest coach ever with nice role players and shooters to fit their scheme. That's why those teams were so dominant. Really hard to compare when: Lebron is 35, decent head coach but no Phil, role players are average at best and a lot of aging guys...Kobe and Shaq BOTH in their primes. A whole lot of differences. Even if Lebron and AD went back to back, Lebron would be 37 years old going for a 3 peat...kinda crazy.

Kobe being older in the Olympics and already being in his prime while winning championships has nothing to do with the subject.
I agree with you, but missed my point, that when Lebron played with Kobe, he deferred to Kobe, and i dont agree that Lebron is more clutch than Kobe because he hasnt been called on to make more desparate shots then Kobe. Lebron, however is miles better then Kobe as a team player and making others better around him. That difference is night and day

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and fun to " what if" about.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Bron went to the basket against Shaq.

Most are reluctant to get in front of that locomotive when he's going downhill.

Brow would be in a full body cast if he attempted the same with Shaq.

Business decision.

LeBron going to the bucket on Shaq would probably end something like this.

OrderlyIncompleteHoki-max-1mb.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sold NOLA a lemon.

A pre-squeezed, oft-injured Lemon.

For a PG Lonzo's a liability late in close games because of his lousy FT shooting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget, Kobe and Shaq were not at their peak at the same time.

2 v 2?

I take Shaq and Kobe hands down if we talk about the best version of the Shaq Kobe duo that actually played together vs. current LeBron/AD

5 v 5?

Much tougher.

Think I go LBJ/AD on that one. More help to stop Shaq in the paint and LBJ just a better team player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When and if Lebron/Ad win 3 titles then wake me up

I get that answer...

But why does it matter if they get 3?

If LeBron declines at 36 and isn’t good enough, that doesn’t change how good he and AD are THIS year.

We can still compare them to Shaq and Kobe’s best year even without multiple years.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me MJ and Rodman against either of those.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EL8KNw2UYAEzLwS.jpg

So... who you got?

source.gif

Luka-Doncic.jpg

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman would shut AD down. Mental mind games and take him completely out of the game mentally. . Just lie he did against all the big dudes.

Thats the thing. These guys today never faced ANYTHING like MJ/Rodman or Shaq/Kobe. Its a totally different animal.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman would shut AD down. Mental mind games and take him completely out of the game mentally. . Just lie he did against all the big dudes.

Thats the thing. These guys today never faced ANYTHING like MJ/Rodman or Shaq/Kobe. Its a totally different animal.

Yup, that’s why I chose him. All he would have to do is tie up the big, nature would take care of the rest.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that’s why I chose him. All he would have to do is tie up the big, nature would take care of the rest.

That and the way Lebron has been on D one last one two handful of years, Kobe/MJ would be going off or 45-50 points on him every night. Lebron hasn't put in significant effort on D in YEARS. He wouldn't even guard MJ or Kobe. He would be running away from them cause he knows he would get TORCHED, Id love to see how many unstoppable fadeaways MJ would be throwing in Lebron's grill.