• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SH needs more Bills fans..

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note it really hurts to see a former Boise State running back who was one of my favorite all time Broncos play for the bad guys. Not only did he play for the bad guys but he ripped our shit a new one today.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note it really hurts to see a former Boise State running back who was one of my favorite all time Broncos play for the bad guys. Not only did he play for the bad guys but he ripped our shit a new one today.

Which begs the question... why isn't Brandon Spikes on the field more often!!!???? I'm gonna rewatch later this week, because the few times I recall seeing him on the field was when a run was stopped or contained.

And Mills is absolutely the worst starting player in the NFL. I don't care who they bring in. Go to the local bowling alley and I'm sure there will be someone better suited to play Right Tackle. I really can't believe they allow him to be on the field.

Ajayi did gut us. Right up the middle. The goal line-to-mid field run really hurt us. As did the blown play on Stills' TD. That was movie-like pathetic. Receiver catches the ball, two defenders collide.

Rex abandoned the run from the get go. Shady SHOULD NOT have been dressed. Possibly the dumbest coaching move I've ever seen. Then... didn't even use Gillislie. Heck, they use Gill more when Shady is full go. I'm just baffled at the game plan.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which begs the question... why isn't Brandon Spikes on the field more often!!!???? I'm gonna rewatch later this week, because the few times I recall seeing him on the field was when a run was stopped or contained.

And Mills is absolutely the worst starting player in the NFL. I don't care who they bring in. Go to the local bowling alley and I'm sure there will be someone better suited to play Right Tackle. I really can't believe they allow him to be on the field.

Ajayi did gut us. Right up the middle. The goal line-to-mid field run really hurt us. As did the blown play on Stills' TD. That was movie-like pathetic. Receiver catches the ball, two defenders collide.

Rex abandoned the run from the get go. Shady SHOULD NOT have been dressed. Possibly the dumbest coaching move I've ever seen. Then... didn't even use Gillislie. Heck, they use Gill more when Shady is full go. I'm just baffled at the game plan.

We signed him for a reason he should definitely be out there more.

I agree on Mills also, guy is a human turnstile out there.

I'm very disappointed with the defense today.

I do disagree on Shady he should have been dressed but should have been used as a decoy more than anything. I don't understand why we didn't run more, we have so many receivers hurt we're running out of people to throw to, we needed to run and impose our will, our offensive line is better at run blocking than pass blocking anyway.

I just looked at the stats, 22 rush attempts today how can we possibly think this was a good idea?? Gillislee with only 5 carries. Pure stupidity.

Meanwhile we attempted 28 passes throwing to Marquise Goodwin, Brandon Tate, Justin Hunter, Charles Clay and Walt Powell. Goodwin and Hunter are probably the only decent players in this group but Goodwin is only useful on deep passes and Hunter is only a redzone threat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spikes isn't playing much because he's playing behind Zach and Preston Brown. Surely you don't have issues with the way those two have played? Outside LBs are Alexander and Hughes, who also have been playing very well (although Hughes had a questionable facemask call that they couldn't find on the replay), backed up by Lawson who finally saw some action yesterday.

The Bills couldn't handle the left side of the Dolphins O-line. Had to know that LG Tunsil falling into their laps in the draft would eventually be a problem for the Bills. Pairing him with Albert at LT and Pouncey at C makes for a dominating left side of the line.

Starting McCoy was a bad idea. Should've started Gillislee and let him get the bulk of the carries and rested McCoy. Now we're bound to see more of the same next week vs the Patriots.

I think the Bills need to look to Powell and Clay more underneath. Hopefully Goodwin is OK, didn't hear an update on him. Might be time to activate Dezmin Lewis off the practice squad. Are Listenbee and Easley going to be available at some time this year? I wouldn't expect Easley until next year, given his knee injury, but does Listenbee's designation as Reserve/Non-football injury end his season as well?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spikes isn't playing much because he's playing behind Zach and Preston Brown. Surely you don't have issues with the way those two have played? Outside LBs are Alexander and Hughes, who also have been playing very well (although Hughes had a questionable facemask call that they couldn't find on the replay), backed up by Lawson who finally saw some action yesterday.

The Bills couldn't handle the left side of the Dolphins O-line. Had to know that LG Tunsil falling into their laps in the draft would eventually be a problem for the Bills. Pairing him with Albert at LT and Pouncey at C makes for a dominating left side of the line.

Starting McCoy was a bad idea. Should've started Gillislee and let him get the bulk of the carries and rested McCoy. Now we're bound to see more of the same next week vs the Patriots.

I think the Bills need to look to Powell and Clay more underneath. Hopefully Goodwin is OK, didn't hear an update on him. Might be time to activate Dezmin Lewis off the practice squad. Are Listenbee and Easley going to be available at some time this year? I wouldn't expect Easley until next year, given his knee injury, but does Listenbee's designation as Reserve/Non-football injury end his season as well?

Actually I do have a problem with how Preston has been playing.
Obviously, not having Dareus has hurt us up the middle... all the more reason to get Spikes in there more often.
Jordan Mills got no help on Wake. None. And he needed it. From the 1st play on... never made what might even be considered a block. How the hell we didn't help him (or bench/cut better yet), is beyond me.

I agree. Playing Shady was the dumbest move I've ever seen... nope, second dumbest. The dumbest was running Gillislie four times with a 17-6 lead. Inconceivable.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spikes isn't playing because he isn't better than Preston or Zach. It's really that simple, he'll get in there if either of them needs a blow, but probably not on 3rd down.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I do have a problem with how Preston has been playing.
Obviously, not having Dareus has hurt us up the middle... all the more reason to get Spikes in there more often.
John Mills got no help on Wake. None. And he needed it. From the 1st play on... never made what might even be considered a block. How the hell we didn't help him (or bench/cut better yet), is beyond me.

I agree. Playing Shady was the dumbest move I've ever seen... nope, second dumbest. The dumbest was running Gillislie four times with a 17-6 lead. Inconceivable.

I can't believe how little we ran with that lead

Instead we threw the ball to our depleted receiving corps.

Makes sense right?

I said sarcastically

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 healthy receivers right now

These injuries are unreal

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which by the way now we play the Seahawks next Monday night with Justin Hunter, Walter Powell and Reggie Bush as our wide receivers

at the rate we're going EJ Manuel might be playing tight end

Seriously our starting lineup other than QB and a few spots on the offensive line looks like something you'd see from us in the 4th preseason game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which by the way now we play the Seahawks next Monday night with Justin Hunter, Walter Powell and Reggie Bush as our wide receivers

at the rate we're going EJ Manuel might be playing tight end

Seriously our starting lineup other than QB and a few spots on the offensive line looks like something you'd see from us in the 4th preseason game.

Percy Harvin to the rescue! No, really...

Percy Harvin to exit retirement, re-sign with Bills

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephon Gilmore sucks. Can't cover Chris Hogan.

But worse than that, he gave up on Hogan's TD. Bench him! Bench him now! Better yet trade him.

We're toast anyway. 1-3 in the division. We all know the 1 has an *
One more loss was Baltimore.... potential wild card rival. (Lol... wild card, he said!)

Then our three big wins? Rams, Cardinals and Niners. NFC West sweep? Won't matter even if we could.

The dagger though, is the Baltimore loss was one play. The Jets loss was a terrible first ten minutes and last ten minutes. And the Dolphins was a shot show from the start.... and we had them right where we wanted them at 17-6 and don't bother running the ball. Gillislie should have had 25 carries and Shady should have been IA. Just utter stupidity.

And get rid of Jordan freaking Mills!

End rant.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephon Gilmore sucks. Can't cover Chris Hogan.

But worse than that, he gave up on Hogan's TD. Bench him! Bench him now! Better yet trade him.

We're toast anyway. 1-3 in the division. We all know the 1 has an *
One more loss was Baltimore.... potential wild card rival. (Lol... wild card, he said!)

Then our three big wins? Rams, Cardinals and Niners. NFC West sweep? Won't matter even if we could.

The dagger though, is the Baltimore loss was one play. The Jets loss was a terrible first ten minutes and last ten minutes. And the Dolphins was a shot show from the start.... and we had them right where we wanted them at 17-6 and don't bother running the ball. Gillislie should have had 25 carries and Shady should have been IA. Just utter stupidity.

And get rid of Jordan freaking Mills!

End rant.

Gilmore has been way too focused on that contract this season and guess what? he's definitely not getting it now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore has been way too focused on that contract this season and guess what? he's definitely not getting it now.

Exactly. I would expect him gone unless he's realistic about his contract demands. Bills will likely draft CB and S before day 3 in the upcoming draft (hopefully along with WR).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I would expect him gone unless he's realistic about his contract demands. Bills will likely draft CB and S before day 3 in the upcoming draft (hopefully along with WR).

We need another top tier receiver, Watkins is great but hasn't been healthy enough. We need someone who can be a go to guy along with Watkins when Watkins is healthy, but can be the go to guy when Watkins is out

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see Gilmore coming back, some team desperate for a corner will pay him based on what he did in prior years and even then still overpay him

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Gilmore coming back, some team desperate for a corner will pay him based on what he did in prior years and even then still overpay him

good,,,, he's terrible

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good,,,, he's terrible

He has only been terrible this year though, which gives some credence to the idea that he's distracted by his contract demands and looming free agency.

Regardless, the Bills shouldn't even consider overpaying for him. Darby and Robey-Coleman are both very good and they can always draft a replacement to groom.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need another top tier receiver, Watkins is great but hasn't been healthy enough. We need someone who can be a go to guy along with Watkins when Watkins is healthy, but can be the go to guy when Watkins is out

They could go back to Clemson or USC again for Mike Williams (Clemson) or JuJu Smith-Schuster (USC). I prefer Williams personally, as JuJu doesn't seem to have NFL separation speed. Those two have each been mocked to the Bills in the first round.

I'm curious to see what kind of draft grade Syracuse's Amba Etta-Tawo gets. He's a bit under the radar and has blown away his previous production totals at Maryland in this season alone. CBS currently has him at a 5th or 6th rounder, which seems too low given his production thus far (75 catches, 1158 yards, 7 TDs).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only been terrible this year though, which gives some credence to the idea that he's distracted by his contract demands and looming free agency.

Regardless, the Bills shouldn't even consider overpaying for him. Darby and Robey-Coleman are both very good and they can always draft a replacement to groom.

No. He was always grabby. Many penalties. He's made a few plays, but has never been a good corner. He's been fine, but not good. Nkw he sucks. I don't care what the reason is.