• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sex offender baseball prospect

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The public backlash just isn't worth it. That was proven by every team passing on him over and over and over again.

But I'd rather have him on my team than watch the Mariners play the shift all the time though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'd rather have him on my team than watch the Mariners play the shift all the time though.

I hate those God damn shifts. They tend to burn the Braves far more often than they help.

A routine groundball to shortstop should never roll unimpeded to the outfield.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
!. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
2. After he pitched a No-No, no one would give a rat's ass.
3. Kid has a 100 mile an hour fastball through 6 and then drops to 98

As far as the charge.......it was his cousin. The mother didn't believe her because she couldn't explain exactly what he did. His lawyer was lazy and accepted the threat that the kid would do 25 years if convicted. They convinced the kid to plead guilty and take 1 year and parole with a sealed verdict. Some one in the state system fucked up and the reporter found it. The state employee should go to prison.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as the charge.......it was his cousin. The mother didn't believe her because she couldn't explain exactly what he did. His lawyer was lazy and accepted the threat that the kid would do 25 years if convicted. They convinced the kid to plead guilty and take 1 year and parole with a sealed verdict. Some one in the state system fucked up and the reporter found it. The state employee should go to prison.
Not sure where you got any of this information.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the internet so it must be true:suds:

It was his niece and his brother turned him in
niece said he touched me where i go the bathroom
he is/was a registered sex offender is how the reporter found out
want to blame someone blame his parents who also have 6 other kids btw:suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the internet so it must be true:suds:

It was his niece and his brother turned him in
niece said he touched me where i go the bathroom
he is/was a registered sex offender is how the reporter found out
want to blame someone blame his parents who also have 6 other kids btw:suds:
I’m not disputing that. Some of @BigKen comments are blatantly false.

He does not throw 100 mph.

Here is how the reporter found out.

Heimlich's case might never have been made public if not for the fact that, years later, while pitching for Oregon State, he failed to update his whereabouts for a state registry of sex offenders, which led to a police citation, which in turn tipped reporters to his case.

The reporter was able to access the documents because it hadn’t been 5 years since he plead guilty. After 5 years the case would’ve been sealed.

No state employee “fucked up” anything.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lawyer wasn't lazy, this is a typical plea in a case like this where it is one word vs the other. Sure, he could have fought it but he is risking a hell of a lot more than a baseball career if a jury found his cousin more credible.

I'd still sign him. 99% of the people who would be up in arms about the signing don't buy tickets anyways.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the story to me seems kind of weak and if the plea deal included no jail time and just some mandatory behavioral health sessions and having the record sealed after 8 years? Seems like the prosecutors did not feel like the case needed to be contested in court.

I dont condone at all what he is being accused of idk if I would have found him guilty purely on the word of a child but I dont look at him as someone who raped or kidnapped a little girl. I wouldnt mind my team giving him a chance but I feel like all GMs and Owners do not want the circus that will come once he makes his major league debut. After watching whats going on the NFL like someone said earlier I wouldnt doubt that rob manfred had a role in this I dont think it coincidence that every team passed on him

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sentiment is the same as most I wouldn't draft him either not worth it.

As others stated you need the right type of owner to give him a chance. Either batsh*t crazy (none really exist) or great with PR, outside the Yankees not sure another MLB could do that right now? And I highly doubt MLB would want him in NY with the extra attention.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated. He was the cover story. Read it in the Phsyical Therapist's office while my grandson was being worked on.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 MLB Draft: Controversial Oregon State lefty Luke Heimlich goes undrafted

Oregon State Left handed pitcher Luke Heimlich whom was considered a first round talent went undrafted all 40 rounds. Luke is a registered sex offender the case that he plead guilty to came when he was 15 years old where he inappropriately touched his 6 year old niece. He maintained his innocence he and his family made it clear that they didnt want to risk being found guilty and face a significant punishment such as jail, so he decided to quickly end the case and plead guilty. He received a slap on the wrist just some psychological classes and therapy I believe.

My question to you guys is that would you want your team to have drafted him or sign him now the draft is over. we are all sports fans and have seen our favorite teams in football, basketball, baseball etc draft or sign guys with questionable character such as DWIs, domestic violence, drugs, burglary/ theft, gang relations, miscellaneous arrests etc. What is everyones feelings on a convicted sex offender? From what I understand nothing else has happened since that happened nearly 7 years ago, he has good grades throughout college. Should he have an opportunity in baseball?

lolz @ the OP and …

Unknown.jpeg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawyer wasn't lazy, this is a typical plea in a case like this where it is one word vs the other. Sure, he could have fought it but he is risking a hell of a lot more than a baseball career if a jury found his cousin more credible.

I'd still sign him. 99% of the people who would be up in arms about the signing don't buy tickets anyways.

If you're innocent, you make the prosecutor prove guilt. You put the defendant on the stand and
AND you subpoena the girl and you grill her little ass. You get the truth. This kid's life is totally fucked because someone in the state government wasn't paying attention. I'd have his balls bronzed for earrings or her tit's bronzed for paperweights. I'd also be suing the state for about a trillion dollars and not settle for less than 250 billion. No one should get a free ride for that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and the reporter would be introduced to the business end of a wood chipper. Your life ain't worth a shit now, might as well get a little revenge on the bitch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd give him a chance. He was a kid and the story sounds blurry. He seems to have been a model citizen as a legal adult.

I don't claim to know what happened. However, I do know that there's a lot of stories pertaining to that stuff with 5-6 year olds - where they get confused or their parents are so persistent in their worry about them being "touched" that they basically plant an incident into the child's mind. It's a total toss-up and anyone's guess as to whether or not he's guilty.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and the reporter would be introduced to the business end of a wood chipper. Your life ain't worth a shit now, might as well get a little revenge on the bitch.

What did the reporter do other than his job?

This isn't some Skip Bayless shock jock type trying to create a story about Troy Aikman being gay in order to further his career.

This is a matter of record and the reporter was well within his rights to report on it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, another well informed poster.............................

The reporter was a woman. Not a his.

Inconsequential.

Answer the question, don't dodge.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the reporter do other than his job?

This isn't some Skip Bayless shock jock type trying to create a story about Troy Aikman being gay in order to further his career.

This is a matter of record and the reporter was well within his rights to report on it.
l;

We should start it just to watch the Cowgirl nation's heads explode!