• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seven most dominant players in the NFL

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson headlines seven most dominant players today - NFL.com

Justin Smith, DT, San Francisco 49ers

I think the cat might finally be out of the bag: Justin Smith is one bad dude! It's hard for a 5-technique in a three-man front to dominate a football game, but Smith does just that on a weekly basis. He has rare strength, power and balance to hold the point of attack against the run. Simply put, he's immovable. He also has the quickness and awareness to shed blockers, locate the football and make the tackle. As a pass rusher, he makes it close to impossible for the offensive line to establish a clean pocket. He constantly gets push and offers a wide variety of hand moves to create pressure. The term walk-off usually applies to baseball players, but Justin made it relevant in the NFL last season. He made key plays to clinch wins over the Eagles, Lions and Giants (in their regular season matchup).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd put the VP of Carnage (P-Willie) well ahead of JPP (probably a lot of other players too), but that's a good list.

Weird they put JPP ahead of the defensive player of the year in Suggs. Ngata's more dominant as well.

However, Peppers should be either #1 or #2 on that list.

Can't argue with Megatron, Allen, J.Smith or Ware though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The fact that Willis is not on there, and Smith so far down, shows this list is flawed. Gronk #2? Child please

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Willis is not on there, and Smith so far down, shows this list is flawed. Gronk #2? Child please

Some people will get left out, as always.

I can only assume he left out the great QBs, RBs, MLBs, Safeties is because of the general perception that they aren't dominant on their own. QB's and RB's are often limited by their Olines and RB/QB whichever they aren't if you know what I mean... i.e. Gore is limited by Smith. MLB's are kind of seen as the guys who take the glory after the D-line does all the hard work. Safeties are seen as guys who just float around and play center field.

Sure, one could argue Megatron is supported by his QB... but I think someone would have to be crazy to try that when he was still a dominant force with Shaun Hill. I wouldn't argue against Gronk either, because heck, he set the TD record for a TE, he's a dominant TE. I think the guy just had Megatron and Gronk because they were the most dominant receivers last year... and he didn't want it to be all pass rushers.

That's why the list is Revis Island, and a bunch of pass rushers... those guys are seen as people who dominate on their own without help. Which is why I'd agree with Sickness about Peppers, Suggs and Ngata... but when a writer sets 7 as his limit, people will get left out.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Justin smith is more dominate than gronk

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peppers as the #1 or #2 most dominant player in the NFL? Hmmmmm. Sick, I know you've been a Peppers supporter for as long as I can remember, but that would be too high to me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put the VP of Carnage (P-Willie) well ahead of JPP (probably a lot of other players too), but that's a good list.

Weird they put JPP ahead of the defensive player of the year in Suggs. Ngata's more dominant as well.

However, Peppers should be either #1 or #2 on that list.

Can't argue with Megatron, Allen, J.Smith or Ware though.

Peppers #1 or #2? You're crazy. He's way too inconsistent to even be mentioned as one of the most dominant players.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Peppers #1 or #2? You're crazy. He's way too inconsistent to even be mentioned as one of the most dominant players.

Inconsistent? Peppers going at 80% is still dominant.

Randy Moss was inconsistent too, but he's still the best deep threat of all time and one of the best WRs of his era. Peppers is one of the most talented players to ever play the game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool he's talented. He's still not close to being the #1 or #2 most dominant player in the NFL.