• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious Rules and Ethics Question

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's Fantasy Football: How serious can it really be? Anyway, in my Way Too Long League LeVeon Bell was dropped before the playoffs started last year. This is a league where we go into the actual NFL playoffs so guise that are not into the actual playoffs get dropped. Anywho, so I read the rule and figured I just wasted a dollar on picking up Bell. Then today I decided to read it again. Here it is:

12. If you pickup a player off waivers who is listed as out for the season by the NFL you can use that player as a keeper for next year but you lose the the round that player was drafted in..

Bell was drafted in the first round last year so had the original owner would not have been able to keep him as we can't keep a first rounder or a keeper in the next season..........that said, when I read that rule, sure seems to me like Bell was never listed as out fer the season. Anybody picked off the wire is given a 19th round keeper status. So what do you all think? Is this worth pursuing? Any other league I'd prolly just shine it on and bring it up at the rules meeting and reword this rule as to make sure it is clear that we can't keep a player in this position regardless of whether or not he was hurt or just sat out, but in this league there have been a few owners that have either stretched the rules until they are tighter than a gnats bunghole or outright broke them. I think I could make a case but would not want it to be totally unethical. What are yer thoughts?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do it sammy - if i recall, others have literally just acted like that league was fight club in the past

i think you should do it, at least make the attempt, but don't let this be the hill you die on

upload_2019-8-25_11-42-7.png

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was dropped. I see it as a gray area and worth the attempt

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well another failed thread. LeVeon Bell would have to have signed by mid November to have been eligible to play, therefore he was deemed ineligible by the NFL..............so I can't have him in the 19th. Nice try though.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of shitty in my opinion. In my keeper league, if somebody is dropped and picked up by another team they are considered a free agent. Now we have our free agents as 6th round keepers though, so that does make a difference, but if a guy is dropped by one team and picked up by another who gives a shit if he was ruled ineligible by the NFL, he wasn't put on IR. I think you're getting hosed Sammy.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of shitty in my opinion. In my keeper league, if somebody is dropped and picked up by another team they are considered a free agent. Now we have our free agents as 6th round keepers though, so that does make a difference, but if a guy is dropped by one team and picked up by another who gives a shit if he was ruled ineligible by the NFL, he wasn't put on IR. I think you're getting hosed Sammy.
Yeah but that is how the rule is written. I honestly think these guise need to sit down and rewrite this shit so it makes sense. My other keeper league has been around close to the same amount of time (30-35 years) and as we have plenty of drama, the rules are all pretty easy to follow..............now changing any of them is a different story................lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's Fantasy Football: How serious can it really be? Anyway, in my Way Too Long League LeVeon Bell was dropped before the playoffs started last year. This is a league where we go into the actual NFL playoffs so guise that are not into the actual playoffs get dropped. Anywho, so I read the rule and figured I just wasted a dollar on picking up Bell. Then today I decided to read it again. Here it is:

12. If you pickup a player off waivers who is listed as out for the season by the NFL you can use that player as a keeper for next year but you lose the the round that player was drafted in..

Bell was drafted in the first round last year so had the original owner would not have been able to keep him as we can't keep a first rounder or a keeper in the next season..........that said, when I read that rule, sure seems to me like Bell was never listed as out fer the season. Anybody picked off the wire is given a 19th round keeper status. So what do you all think? Is this worth pursuing? Any other league I'd prolly just shine it on and bring it up at the rules meeting and reword this rule as to make sure it is clear that we can't keep a player in this position regardless of whether or not he was hurt or just sat out, but in this league there have been a few owners that have either stretched the rules until they are tighter than a gnats bunghole or outright broke them. I think I could make a case but would not want it to be totally unethical. What are yer thoughts?

Truth to power!

Fight it all the way.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quoting an article:

"As anticipated, Bell did not sign his Steelersfranchise tender by Tuesday's deadline as stipulated under the collective bargaining agreement, meaning the prolific running back is no longer eligible to play this season."

Redirect Notice

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my league

if a player is dropped

any team picking him up at or before the trade deadline can keep him in 10 the next year..

if the team that originally drafted the player ends up picking him up he must honour the original draft value and thus pay the full price

which in my league is drafted in 8 costs 4
7/6 costs a 3
5/4 costs a 2 etc etc..