• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

serious question

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this a non shit burning bush omfg decision. so i welcome any good info you can provide.

do i get the nhl package this year?

before you start in with the yes parade, know that i am not in philly. i am in indy. i have comcast, but that doesn't mean anything out of the philly market. before the end of last year, comcast would not share it's local tv feeds with nhl center ice. but that has changed this year. from what i've heard. has anyone else heard the same thing?

cuz every year before this when i bought nhl center ice i only got to see 50% of the flyer games on it. and if the only feed was the local csn, it was blacked out. if the flyers were on nbc, it was blacked out (cuz nbc would broadcast blackhawk and red wing games on concurrently). so as a result i would see 50% of the regular season, zero in the playoffs, and only nationally broadcast vs. or espn or nbc games. basically i'd miss the first round, then hope for the rest on natl tv.

....all of this still costs $150 a year. which infuriated me cuz i get to see the commercial with the two new york guys in flyers jersey's proclaiming they get to "not miss a single game" out of market, which is a complete lie.

they say this has now changed. but i've been lied to many times before. any of you out of town flyers fans see what i see?

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
man that sucks...i always wonder if you get most of the games...dissapointing...but i guess 50% is better than no Flyers hockey...thats a bad situation...you can pick up games on line...not the same...but at least you can watch the games...i will give you some sites if your interested...best of luck with that...nice advertising but poor deliver...good luck indy...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple things.. i'm out of town too.. the past few seasons i've just been catching free streams online.. sometimes they aren't the greatest quality, but i can pretty much always find one.. lets put it this way, if i have time to watch the game (85-90% of them) i found a stream

however, if you want higher quality streams and such, and have a good internet connection, i'd suggest getting NHL Gamecenter from nhl.com.. then you can watch from your computer, and if you have the hookups you can go from computer to TV (we used hdmi i/o to do that with our streams last year).. its $160, but this way you'll get all the games for sure, no blackout crap, at least i dont think there is

also, i forget the site, but my friend had the same thing going with a different site.. HD streams and such.. i forget what the site was but it might be cheaper cause its not through the NHL

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with awaz, Indy. Go online.

At least until you know for sure that they're not full of shit with their coverage.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have DTV and they have an agreement with VS so things should be better than last year. HD is iffy but at least you'll get most of the games if not all. Biggest beef is hearing the homer announcers from pit its disgraceful at best but better than nothing I guess....learn how to tune them out.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
awaz thats a great idea but man i hate paying that kinda a money for online streaming but im sure the quality is much better than justin tv sportsnetsurfing or ussstreaming...livestreaming also carries alot of games ... Live TV...Livesports21.com...again the quality is not as good as awaz probably gets but it free...hope it helps some...GO FLYERS!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awaz thats a great idea but man i hate paying that kinda a money for online streaming but im sure the quality is much better than justin tv sportsnetsurfing or ussstreaming...livestreaming also carries alot of games ... Live TV...Livesports21.com...again the quality is not as good as awaz probably gets but it free...hope it helps some...GO FLYERS!!!

ATDHE.net seems to be the best.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

probably is they get into trouble with copyright laws kinda frequently.. at least via the NHL

but their recent postings of nhl games are just links to other streams.. i go to a forum that posts as many links as they can find for each game

but you can stream in HD from NHL.com if you pay the money for it.. its really nice.. the streams i watch are pretty low quality, but i'm considering paying for it, and i'd probably do it that way if i paid

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have found that streaming form free websites can be hit or miss. sometimes the games are there, and for some reason not. it makes the anticipation pretty disheartening. cuz you really don't know until just before the game.

i'm leaning toward buying the online package from nhl.com. maybe i'll just say screw it and buy the center ice as well. that ways when i'm at home i can sit in front of the t.v., and when i choose to work late, i can stream to the laptop.... so much for work productivity...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have found that streaming form free websites can be hit or miss. sometimes the games are there, and for some reason not. it makes the anticipation pretty disheartening. cuz you really don't know until just before the game.

i'm leaning toward buying the online package from nhl.com. maybe i'll just say screw it and buy the center ice as well. that ways when i'm at home i can sit in front of the t.v., and when i choose to work late, i can stream to the laptop.... so much for work productivity...

Sounds like you've made up your mind Indy. Good luck man. Let us know as the season goes on if it's been worth the price, alright?