• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious question

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends, if the season is lost I say play Tanney. However, Orton is as solid as backup QBs come. If it's a matter of Romo is banged up and we need to buy time I think Orton can be serviceable. Tanney may have the higher ceiling but if it's simply a matter of managing a game and the QB not having to win games I'd trust Orton over him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo goes down we don't make the playoffs either way. This offense isn't built around a bus driver. We don't have the O-line for that.

Well, most teams paying top dollar for a QB don't make the playoffs if their QB goes out for the year, right? And who knows if we make the playoffs with a healthy Romo. My thinking is more what if Romo gets hurt in the middle of the game or misses a game or two; IMO Orton can get us a win in those situations.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most teams paying top dollar for a QB don't make the playoffs if their QB goes out for the year, right? And who knows if we make the playoffs with a healthy Romo. My thinking is more what if Romo gets hurt in the middle of the game or misses a game or two; IMO Orton can get us a win in those situations.
Fair enough. I am not sold on Orton winning for us or I wouldn't have ever raised the question. But it is a fair enough thought.
Nets answered my question already though. Contract wouldn't allow us this move right now anyways.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well because of the contract and redo for cap relief Orton is here this year. But we carried that bum Mcgee for 3 years because he got drafted and we were developing him. Shoot if Quincy had stayed off the Weed Romo would not be here most likely. Some would rejoice some would be whizzed off but that's a different story.

I firmly believe they should carry Tanney on the 53 PERIOD and develop him. When we had Matt Moore a few years ago they tried to get cute and get him to waivers and the Practice squad and he got snapped up. The fact that they left the first team OL in for the 2nd half of the game shows they were very interested in what he could do. He played damn well for a UDFA rookie QB.

Im telling y'all if they don't keep him on the 53 he will get snapped up. Put him on the IR with a severe hamstring to stash him at minimum I think the Kid has tremendous Upside.

Next year he could be the #2 guy behind Romo

JMHO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well because of the contract and redo for cap relief Orton is here this year. But we carried that bum Mcgee for 3 years because he got drafted and we were developing him. Shoot if Quincy had stayed off the Weed Romo would not be here most likely. Some would rejoice some would be whizzed off but that's a different story.

I firmly believe they should carry Tanney on the 53 PERIOD and develop him. When we had Matt Moore a few years ago they tried to get cute and get him to waivers and the Practice squad and he got snapped up. The fact that they left the first team OL in for the 2nd half of the game shows they were very interested in what he could do. He played damn well for a UDFA rookie QB.

Im telling y'all if they don't keep him on the 53 he will get snapped up. Put him on the IR with a severe hamstring to stash him at minimum I think the Kid has tremendous Upside.

Next year he could be the #2 guy behind Romo

JMHO

Hell, we carried two kickers in the past. Carrying 3 QB's shouldn't have to be a major decision.

Also we can say pissed off here.