• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens v BlueJackets Rnd 1

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Letang was good last night. Scuds is a trainwreck, 3 penalites in 3 games is unreal for him.

And goal notwithstanding Brandon Sutter was on the ice for 2 shots for the Penguins and 13! shots by the Blue Jackets, and that is only 5v5. They only had 15 5v5 shots the entire game. That's just beyond terrible.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick look at the goalie numbers through three games:

Bob:
SA - 115 | GA - 11 | SV% - .904 | GAA - 3.32

MAF:
SA - 99 | GA - 10 | SV% - .899 | GAA - 2.99

Are the Penguins in Bob's head? I posted his career numbers against Pittsburgh before this series began, and they are pretty bad across the board. Bob has kept his team in all three games, so far. But the Pens seem to be getting stronger against him as this series goes along. That loss last night against Pittsburgh could leave a lasting imprint on his psyche for the rest of this series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bob:

MAF:

Are the Penguins in Bob's head? I posted his career numbers against Pittsburgh before this series began, and they are pretty bad across the board. Bob has kept his team in all three games, so far. But the Pens seem to be getting stronger against him as this series goes along. That loss last night against Pittsburgh could leave a lasting imprint on his psyche for the rest of this series.

I hope so.

And MAF has played a lot better than his numbers, which is good, especially if we find a way to tighten up our defense.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bob:

MAF:

Bobrovsky is a good goalie but also overrated. He plays in a very defensive minded system and that accounts for much of his success. Once the defense breaks down he breaks down. Was he really anything special with the Flyers? If the Pens lose this series they 'll beat themselves, it won't be because of Bobrovsky.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of off topic, but what do you guys think about all these hockey montages by NBC & NHL Network featuring Imagine Dragons? I'm a big fan of Imagine Dragons, but this is really playing them out and making them cheesy.

This was an awesome commercial tho…

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little over the top with the Imagine Dragons stuff, I like them, but sick of Radioactive. Although that song is perfect for a hockey video montage the pacing is dead on. But anything Imagine Dragons is better than the new one on Root with that crappy boy band.

The one they play at the CEC before the game is to Black Sabbath War Pigs, and it's awesome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobrovsky is a good goalie but also overrated. He plays in a very defensive minded system and that accounts for much of his success. Once the defense breaks down he breaks down. Was he really anything special with the Flyers? If the Pens lose this series they 'll beat themselves, it won't be because of Bobrovsky.

Bobrovsky might be the best first-save goalie in the league. He's not overrated, but he's not having his best series right now. But there's always the chance he turns it on and starts stealing games.

The key on him is to work from behind the net, then go five-hole and to pounce on rebound opportunities. He covers the net post to post with his pads when the puck's behind it, but that leaves his five-hole vulnerable. That's also why Gibbons's breakaway move was so effective on him. It buys him a lot of saves, but if the opposing offense can pick their spots, it's something which can be used against him.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobrovsky might be the best first-save goalie in the league. He's not overrated, but he's not having his best series right now. But there's always the chance he turns it on and starts stealing games.

The key on him is to work from behind the net, then go five-hole and to pounce on rebound opportunities. He covers the net post to post with his pads when the puck's behind it, but that leaves his five-hole vulnerable. That's also why Gibbons's breakaway move was so effective on him. It buys him a lot of saves, but if the opposing offense can pick their spots, it's something which can be used against him.

Yeah, I agree with you DS. Bob is a very very good goalie. In fact, outside of them facing Rask in the ECF last year, Bob is the best goalie they've faced in the post-season for a long while. I just believe that.. for whatever reason, the Penguins just have his number. It isn't just one player, either. Sid, Geno, Kunitz and Neal have yet to put one past him, yet they're still finding ways to score on him. The big fear coming into this series from most was a supposed lack of secondary scoring by the Pens was going to haunt them, and it ironically has been the exact opposite.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little over the top with the Imagine Dragons stuff, I like them, but sick of Radioactive. Although that song is perfect for a hockey video montage the pacing is dead on. But anything Imagine Dragons is better than the new one on Root with that crappy boy band.

The one they play at the CEC before the game is to Black Sabbath War Pigs, and it's awesome.

Yeah A lot of their music is great for hockey but seems like every montage features Imagine Dragons or OneRepublic LOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when Goc and Gibbons will be back in. If those two can kick out Adams and either Glass or Vitale, our lineup would be faster and tougher to play against. I don't mind the idea of a Gibbons-Vitale-Megna fourth line. All three of those guys have speed, and what they lack in raw skill, they could make up for in speed and general disruptiveness.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow! Now these are the Pens I've wanted to see!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, think it's time to move on from Fleury after this season, he doesn't seem to be able to play long stretches without a colossal fuckup or two.

That being said, Pens got dominated for 40+ minutes of this game, and there is no excuse to get dominated by an inferior team again.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Fleury's goose is cooked now. But he will pull out a good game or two and they will win this series and we will be dragged out another season of this crap.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Fleury's goose is cooked now. But he will pull out a good game or two and they will win this series and we will be dragged out another season of this crap.

Probably right, part of me is hoping they just lose so we can finally get rid of Dan at least.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, think it's time to move on from Fleury after this season, he doesn't seem to be able to play long stretches without a colossal fuckup or two.

That being said, Pens got dominated for 40+ minutes of this game, and there is no excuse to get dominated by an inferior team again.

I agree, MAF doesn't steal games for ur like elite goalies; in fact, we often win in spite of him. But then again, no goalie will succeed in our system, where defense is non existent. Really pathetic loss tonight. I almost hope we lose this series for the sake of draft position.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, MAF doesn't steal games for ur like elite goalies; in fact, we often win in spite of him. But then again, no goalie will succeed in our system, where defense is non existent. Really pathetic loss tonight. I almost hope we lose this series for the sake of draft position.
wow MAF really screwed those last two goals I know bad goaltending we had lindback the whole series! but I know bad defense also yzerman can't resolve are defense also! I still think you guys have enough offense to win this series.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow MAF really screwed those last two goals I know bad goaltending we had lindback the whole series! but I know bad defense also yzerman can't resolve are defense also! I still think you guys have enough offense to win this series.

I just we had the ability to shut the door when up 3-0. Obviously MAF takes blame but the story doesn't end there. The defense is a joke & has been a joke for years now, only now it's hit a new low. Whether we win this series or not it doesn't matter IMO. We 're not going to win the Cup with this team, so why mess up our draft position?