• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sen McCaskill blasts Stewps

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the witch hunt. Coaches don't throw kids this talented off for with hunts. They get paid millions to win. Not all cases, but most of the incidents get buried. You generally aren't talking about 1 or 2 incidents when it gets this far

Apparently they will have to do so now, and taking one of them in afterwards is apparently worth a senator calling you out publicly.

The witch hunt is just starting.

There was another person suspended today from another team for some kind of domestic violence thing from back in june. It was in the NFL, I can't remember who exactly.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is dumb.

She's upset because a kid who did something stupid is being given a second chance.

You guys really believe a persons entire life/career should be ruined over stuff like this? That's just wow to me.

Isn't he 20? This kind of stuff ruins lives everywhere. There aren't second chances for 99% of society. Selling drugs is not a mistake. The only mistake was he got caught

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems with second chances after punishments are served, and honest contrition is evident.

But, I am getting sick and tired of the words "kids" thrown around so much.

I am guilty of using it myself at times, but it give almost a "get out of jail free" excuse for horrible adult decisions.

We just label them as kids....as if they were 6 year olds learning the rules...

Since when do 6'3" 235 lb grown men constantly get referenced as "kids".

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he 20? This kind of stuff ruins lives everywhere. There aren't second chances for 99% of society. Selling drugs is not a mistake. The only mistake was he got caught

Your drug position is outdated and lame. But since you brought it up, all that strict crap surrounding drugs has long been proven to make things worse, not better.

And 99% of society gets more than a 2nd chance. Because they deal with the same exact legal system, and then that is the end of it. Employers, schools and everyone else doesn't pile on top of it.

As for what is a "mistake". To sin is to make a mistake. To repent for your sins literally translates to fixing your mistakes. And in the case of something like "selling drugs" which is really just about what is legal and dumb anyway, but whatever - to fix that mistake would be to quit doing it in the future. And if a person does that, then you need to back up off their ass and quit being a hating bitch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems with second chances after punishments are served, and honest contrition is evident.

But, I am getting sick and tired of the words "kids" thrown around so much.

I am guilty of using it myself at times, but it give almost a "get out of jail free" excuse for horrible adult decisions.

We just label them as kids....as if they were 6 year olds learning the rules...

Since when do 6'3" 235 lb grown men constantly get referenced as "kids".

This isn't even about jail. I'm in no way trying to prevent or change the legal system here. If they deserve to go to jail for a crime, so be it.

But then everyone else thinking they need to throw on their own punishment on top is crazy. Especially since most of it isn't really about that, it's more about image and trying to look good to appease the haters.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is dumb.

She's upset because a kid who did something stupid is being given a second chance.

You guys really believe a persons entire life/career should be ruined over stuff like this? That's just wow to me.

I can't believe you think it's okay to pimp-hand yo bitch when she ackin all uppity.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your drug position is outdated and lame. But since you brought it up, all that strict crap surrounding drugs has long been proven to make things worse, not better.

And 99% of society gets more than a 2nd chance. Because they deal with the same exact legal system, and then that is the end of it. Employers, schools and everyone else doesn't pile on top of it.

As for what is a "mistake". To sin is to make a mistake. To repent for your sins literally translates to fixing your mistakes. And in the case of something like "selling drugs" which is really just about what is legal and dumb anyway, but whatever - to fix that mistake would be to quit doing it in the future. And if a person does that, then you need to back up off their ass and quit being a hating bitch.

You just don't understand. Find Greens childhood friends and see how many got the 1 chance. This is a kid who had it all and destroyed it. Check SAT scores of normal students vs athletes. They get second chances. Green had several at Mizzu, so the 1 mistake thing is BS and if he wasn't on running a 4.4 nobody would give a rats ass if society turned its back to him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't understand. Find Greens childhood friends and see how many got the 1 chance. This is a kid who had it all and destroyed it. Check SAT scores of normal students vs athletes. They get second chances. Green had several at Mizzu, so the 1 mistake thing is BS and if he wasn't on running a 4.4 nobody would give a rats ass if society turned its back to him.

Well I am talking about how society will deal with someone after. But as far as someone getting the "1 chance" by gaining a scholarship etc - that's life. We can have equal opportunity, but we are not all equal when it comes to what our ceilings are in what we can accomplish. Yes, you are right, if he was not an athlete he would have never gotten the "first chance". Still, that does not in any manner really justify taking punishment beyond the legal system and making things worse. At that point it's just vengeance.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious response:

If a guy who worked for some agency like MADD was to be caught in a DUI situation, he would very likely lose his job, and rightly so.

Because of the public nature of his employer, and what that employer stands for, it's a no-brainer. They cannot keep that guy on staff because his actions are opposed to the agency's goals, could possibly damage their efforts, work against what they are trying to accomplish.

The tricky part is, the NFL has never had a formal policy on certain types of behavior, including child abuse and domestic violence. Because of the public backlash and the potential loss of sponsorship revenues, they will very soon have formal policies on these things.

Colleges might adopt them sooner, or some of them may already have specific language in their student body code of conduct that they don't tolerate those things. It's probably just not always enforced uniformly.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious response:

If a guy who worked for some agency like MADD was to be caught in a DUI situation, he would very likely lose his job, and rightly so.

Because of the public nature of his employer, and what that employer stands for, it's a no-brainer. They cannot keep that guy on staff because his actions are opposed to the agency's goals, could possibly damage their efforts, work against what they are trying to accomplish.

The tricky part is, the NFL has never had a formal policy on certain types of behavior, including child abuse and domestic violence. Because of the public backlash and the potential loss of sponsorship revenues, they will very soon have formal policies on these things.

Colleges might adopt them sooner, or some of them may already have specific language in their student body code of conduct that they don't tolerate those things. It's probably just not always enforced uniformly.

Well sure, Michael Vick is not likely to be the CEO of PETA anytime in the near future and for good reason.

I'm also fine with Missouri kicking him off the team etc. If they feel that is in their best interest, it's their right. But if that is being done for public relations more so that anything, then maybe the public is a little fucked up.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have a justice system to take care of things. People who think the justice system isn't providing enough punishment and that someone's life needs to be completely torn apart for a mistake are seriously getting on my nerves.

Where the fuck are all these perfect people who have never made a mistake in their lives? Because I've never met one. I've met plenty of assholes who think they are perfect and never make mistakes, but never met someone where that was actually the case.

Hell, I ain't perfect and apparently society thinks I deserve the death penalty for some of the stuff I've done in life. I should just go ahead and spend the rest of my life working at McDonalds.

And no, I'm not just talking about this one issue. I'm talking about the way sports has been as a whole for the past 3 weeks. Bunch of hating assholes - all of you. Get some fucking perspective on life and quit pretending that every little thing that happens in the world is somehow the biggest fucking wrong ever.

Let them learn from their mistakes, hope they become better people as a result and quit trying to wreck shit for your own pathetic amusement. If you are that hard up for reasons to feel better about yourself, MTV has an entire reality show lineup that should be right up your ally.
:agree::agree::agree::agree::10::10::10:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why we have a legal system. I've never been to jail for domestic violence or anything violent. But I'm not going to pretend like that means it's the worst thing in the world.

What do you mean more redemption than normal students? Most kids have legal problems during these ages, taking away their good options in life is somehow supposed to fix things how? Usually it's just get a lawyer, deal with your problem and that is the end of it.

If they are a danger to society or whatever, once again - legal system. Or in the case of sexual things like r*pe on campus, I can understand a kid being banned from campus or whatever. In the case of athletes if they are causing problems with the team itself.

But most of this crap is just people being on a witch hunt. It's like 1 huge giant lynch mob.
Damn that is twice in one day with a Bama fan! You guys need to listen to 4down20 he knows what he is talking about on this issue.:agree:

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this transfer happened months ago.

This senator didn't say anything until now. Wonder why that is...ooh thats right because its all over the news now with the NFL and its a great time to speak up to gain political points and guess what, She is up for election in November.

Gee, what a coincidence. She cares.

:thumb:

Exactly mark. This woman is the biggest twat on the face of the planet. I wish she would catch one of maty mauk's interceptions with her mouth.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pussification of America continues! Can't spank your kids. Can't pimp slap your hoe. Can't sell a dime bag to a college kid. When did we get so fucking serious in this country? 4-20 has it right this is all just piling on because there isn't a better story right now. Eventually Americans will wake up to the spin doctors. At least I hope they do.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at 4/20 dealing drugs and beating women......

hustlin.jpg