• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semi OT: Rare people

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its days like today that make me respect guys like Marty more. Reyes and Pujols left their teams for the big money. Sometimes I wonder how sports would be if free agency didnt come in to exsistance.

This ends my sadness over losing Reyes :(

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In this day and age, guys like Pujols and Reyes are on the more respectable side.

We have assholes in professional sports that not only demand trades from their teams but also demand who they get traded to.

That being said, Pujols is a fool for leaving St. Loius. He'd be treated like a king there for the rest of the life if he stayed. Intead he gets an extra 30$ mil, no local connections, and likely sour break up in Anaheim

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have assholes in professional sports that not only demand trades from their teams but also demand who they get traded to.

Oh god you have no clue how much I hate that, its up there with NFLers holding out of training camp for more money...

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this day and age, guys like Pujols and Reyes are on the more respectable side.

That being said, Pujols is a fool for leaving St. Loius. He'd be treated like a king there for the rest of the life if he stayed. Intead he gets an extra 30$ mil, no local connections, and likely sour break up in Anaheim

Sad to saqy but so true

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god you have no clue how much I hate that, its up there with NFLers holding out of training camp for more money...

I'll agree to an extent with players holding out. The life span and window to make money is so small that you need to strike when the iron is hot and get paid when you can.

I don't have a problem with Pujols leaving simply because he's won 2 World Series, his long time manager is gone, why not take the money?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly because I feel EVERY athlete is overpaid, but leaving just to chase the $$$ is even worse.