• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Selection Sunday Thread

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool I forget that some still have their finals on Sunday.

I heard today that the Big Ten is moving the Finals to Saturday next year when the tourney is in Washington DC. Good idea I think. Give these guys some more rest, especially since the tournament is not central to most schools by having it in DC (which is stupid to host it there but that's another argument).

Plus I think it's a disadvantage to have it Sunday right before the selection show. The NCAA has probably already made their brackets by that point so the seeding is pretty much unaffected by the result of the game (unless a crap team steals the auto bid).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State made the Tourney with a 19-12 record? And a 7 seed at that?

:L

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Oregon St playing in the 1st round? They may not make it to the 2nd round.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Oregon. :L

#1 seed :pound:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Davis kid, Jones and House are just studs too

thing I've seen with them, they play hard with a purpose.

and with my DNA, I have a really hard time saying anything positive about the Aggies, but it's the truth.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 was really good this season, top 60 Non Conf. SOS, 13 SOS overall, beat SEVEN tournament teams. Glad the committee stuck to their guns and penalized teams that played a weak OOC schedule.

First of all, "their guns" is a flavor of the year. There is nothing that says that their guns are penalizing weak OCC. As Cal said, last year their guns were road wins, and the year before that it was RPI.

Second of all, they didn't really stick to their guns. How come Indiana is a 3 seed if they had an OCC of 208? Didn't stick to their guns there, right? UNC had an OCC of 78 and is a 1 seed. X has an OCC of 120 and is a 2 seed. MSU's OCC is 157 and they are a 2 seed. Butler is a nine-seed with an OCC of 267, Prov is a nine-seed with an OCC of 225, and VCU is a 10 seed with an OCC of 64.

How were those teams penalized? Looks like there were certainly other teams with better OCCs that could have reflected their apparent guns of how much they valued OCC, right?

SDSU had an OCC ranked 4th, and they are staying home.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, "their guns" is a flavor of the year. There is nothing that says that their guns are penalizing weak OCC. As Cal said, last year their guns were road wins, and the year before that it was RPI.

Second of all, they didn't really stick to their guns. How come Indiana is a 3 seed if they had an OCC of 208? Didn't stick to their guns there, right? UNC had an OCC of 78 and is a 1 seed. X has an OCC of 120 and is a 2 seed. MSU's OCC is 157 and they are a 2 seed. Butler is a nine-seed with an OCC of 267, Prov is a nine-seed with an OCC of 225, and VCU is a 10 seed with an OCC of 64.

How were those teams penalized? Looks like there were certainly other teams with better OCCs that could have reflected their apparent guns of how much they valued OCC, right?

Well Indiana is a 5 seed, so I'd say they got penalized by their OOC

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Indiana is a 5 seed, so I'd say they got penalized by their OOC

Good call. The rest still stand.

I'm also sure that I can find more examples of OOC not being their "guns".

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a combination of weak OCC and quality wins, just like I said it was going to be. Also, Indiana is a FIVE seed. They were certainly penalized for a poor OOC. UNC won the ACC regular season and Tournament. that's why they were a 1 seed. And a 78 OOC SoS isn't even that bad. And you can say MSU WAS penalized because they are a 2 seed.

SDSU is home because they had one win over the field. And had a sub 300 loss. Obviously there are outliers, but for the most part teams were penalized for playing bad OOC schedules and not having good wins or a combination of both.

You spewed the last couple of weeks about how the other metrics were going to be more valued this year, which couldn't have been further from the actual truth.