• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Ya Later Bo Pelini

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini survives for now.

Released on 09/18/2013, at 11:54 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, Neb., September 18th, 2013 —
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst issued the following joint statement today:

“The comments made by Head Football Coach Bo Pelini in 2011, published Monday, are unfortunate and deeply concerning to us, as they would be to anyone who loves this university. Our coaches, staff and student-athletes must be held to a high standard and Coach Pelini's remarks were unfair to the legions of Nebraska fans and not what we expect from a representative of this university. Former Director of Athletics Tom Osborne became aware of these comments and the existence of a recording more than a year ago, and addressed the matter with Coach Pelini. We have observed, and many others have commented, that Coach Pelini’s demeanor has significantly improved since the time of this incident. Coach Pelini has given us his assurance that he understands the seriousness and inappropriateness of his comments. We believe he is sincere in his apology and in his regret. We are prepared to put the matter to rest. Our football student-athletes, coaches and staff deserve all of our support and we know the Nebraska faithful will be there for them.”

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Released on 09/18/2013, at 11:54 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, Neb., September 18th, 2013 —
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst issued the following joint statement today:

“The comments made by Head Football Coach Bo Pelini in 2011, published Monday, are unfortunate and deeply concerning to us, as they would be to anyone who loves this university. Our coaches, staff and student-athletes must be held to a high standard and Coach Pelini's remarks were unfair to the legions of Nebraska fans and not what we expect from a representative of this university. Former Director of Athletics Tom Osborne became aware of these comments and the existence of a recording more than a year ago, and addressed the matter with Coach Pelini. We have observed, and many others have commented, that Coach Pelini’s demeanor has significantly improved since the time of this incident. Coach Pelini has given us his assurance that he understands the seriousness and inappropriateness of his comments. We believe he is sincere in his apology and in his regret. We are prepared to put the matter to rest. Our football student-athletes, coaches and staff deserve all of our support and we know the Nebraska faithful will be there for them.”

CliffsNotes: Nothing to see here, carry on you fucking fuck fuckers.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much more does this turn the clock back on Nebraska being "back?" A decade? Two? Three?
-------
Nebraska has never had nor will it ever have Top 5 recruiting classes. Having said that, there is plenty of talent on the team even now. We just need a HC that can take that talent and fit it into a playbook that fits the talent rather than recruiting and shoving your playbook down a teams throat. Given the right coach, the program could show imporvement the very first year.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Nebraska has never had nor will it ever have Top 5 recruiting classes. Having said that, there is plenty of talent on the team even now. We just need a HC that can take that talent and fit it into a playbook that fits the talent rather than recruiting and shoving your playbook down a teams throat. Given the right coach, the program could show imporvement the very first year.

IMO...Those day's are done, it's tough to have consistency.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel that was fake

But Scott Frost, no question
Not a bad choice but you are looking at 3 year revamp of recruiting, conditioning and coaching to fully implement that type of system.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is all this Scott Frost love coming from?

What makes all you Huskers think he will be the answer?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you fan fuckhead motherfucking fuck.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is all this Scott Frost love coming from?

What makes all you Huskers think he will be the answer?

What do you mean by "all"?

Only a couple of completely delusional peeps want a 1st year, 3 game OC to be the HC of Nebraska. I don't want any more DC, OC or HC's in training.

That's what Nebraska has now and it shows in big games.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are gonna use up all your fucks before the weekend.

It's fucking South Dakota fucking State. How many fucking fucks could a fucker need for that fucking game?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...Those day's are done, it's tough to have consistency.
-------
I'd talk Oklahomas consistancy...Oklahoma States...Oregon...Florida...LSU...Clemson...these teams don't get blown out of the ballpark 2-3 times a year. I don't nor expect a B1G championship every year. Or a BCS game every year....just no embarrassments.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I'd talk Oklahomas consistancy...Oklahoma States...Oregon...Florida...LSU...Clemson...these teams don't get blown out of the ballpark 2-3 times a year. I don't nor expect a B1G championship every year. Or a BCS game every year....just no embarrassments.

Here here.

One a year is too much for my liking.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone I trust told me before this scandal that Bo's been informed that if he doesn't get to the CCG and be competitive in it that he is gone.