• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

see ya cory

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spend a#9 pick on him you play him!

Can't argue with that....

I thought it was going to say Cory frustrated with lack of scoring when in net.... cuz i am lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too worried. Marty is likely gone after this year at which point the net is all Cory's. The 2014 part of our schedule is basically nothing but back to backs so he'll be playing a ton. Also wouldn't shock me if Marty gets hurt or runs out of steam at some point. Not concerned, especially when we shed some contracts and the cap goes up and we dump a truckload of money on him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont know if anyone realizes this

marty isn't retiring this year. there is NOWAY he is retiring this year. UNLESS there is some freak accident he will be lacing them up next year. if there was a way i could bet on that i would bet everything on it.

throwing a ton of money at cory? is that really what we have to do to keep a player here? so much for the cap then. instead of worrying about throwing money at the problem how about we show cory that he is part of the future here play him. tell marty your only getting x amount of starts.

then it doesn't take some insane contract to keep him here.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though Cup, you always talk about retaining talent, every single team that retains talent overpays for it. Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim? They made bank and it cost the Ducks Bobby Ryan to do it. Look at all the insane deals that were made prior to the Kovy one being shot down. Lou in Vancouver, OV, Franzen/Zetterberg, etc. etc. This isn't something that only occurs with the Devils.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if he hits UFA he is gone imo. money or no money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in net tonight..nice to see.

I think its a little too early to say Cory will bolt. We dont know what the rest of this season will bring or if Marty is a definite to play next season.

Agree with Nasty though , overpaying to resign a player early is necessary. Cory isnt going to get paid like a max player but still is gonna command a decent contract.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
PDB answered it well. Said that if Cory wasn't irritated by it then PDB would have been disappointed.

Marty conceded #1 to Cory but then Cory got hurt. Marty has played well at times and he's not going to give up the #1 so fast. The competition is good for Cory (he's been good last two starts....I was at the PNC Canes game....great game to attend for NJ fans!) in the long run. He's not going anywhere. Lou wants to make him the next icon of the franchise.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the team plays well, that will also be a factor. Now that we are finally playing Gelinas, Larsson, and Merrill more consistently, the defense looks promising for the future.
Cory had to make 15 saves last night and only 18 shots Friday night.

I know both teams are not huge scoring teams, but you have to give the Devils credit. Also, the penalty kill has been great.
I liked seeing Merrill log heavy minutes yesterday. Gelinas has that better shot but Merrill will be better all around I think.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though Cup, you always talk about retaining talent, every single team that retains talent overpays for it. Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim? They made bank and it cost the Ducks Bobby Ryan to do it. Look at all the insane deals that were made prior to the Kovy one being shot down. Lou in Vancouver, OV, Franzen/Zetterberg, etc. etc. This isn't something that only occurs with the Devils.

I think you are spot on NM, Money talks...

Even look at Parise, sure he "went home".

Home to a freakin $10MM signing bonus payable before the lockout that thanks to Jeff V we culdn't match if we wanted to.

It's almost always about teh money in the end.