• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm pretty sure at least 85% of Rossi's traffic is hate reads so people can comment directly on the articles to tell him what a spoon he is.

Oh absolutely. And his little show in the postgame was absolutely part of his schtick. He's a bizarre man. He dresses like someone trying to be a hipster in just about the least hipster realm possible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was subscribed to him for a bit because he was taking some of the best writers in town. I still like Yohe mostly, and Gajtka is also good, but DK himself is insufferable. He loves following all his "people" on twitter to basically censor them, then block them when they go AWOL. He's just...weird. I give him a lot of props for going off on his own and having decent success with it, but everything else about him pisses me off. Literally anything he says about the Pirates is an obnoxious biased rant. They can do no right, and all because they don't give him the same access as the Pens do. He's on the other end of the spectrum with the Pens because they gave him exclusive interviews with Mario/Burkle, so he'll rarely criticize.

When he writes a Pirates article, I go into the comments to specifically butt heads with him. He usually bites, too. But I think I've read and studied baseball more than he has, based on most of the nonsense he spews about it, so I let him have it.

I also tried to butt heads with him about the Niskanen hit, but darn it, he didn't bite. I think I reached 50 downvotes, though. :thumb:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh absolutely. And his little show in the postgame was absolutely part of his schtick. He's a bizarre man. He dresses like someone trying to be a hipster in just about the least hipster realm possible.

My parents watch the sports showdown or whatever that Pompeani does, and I caught one with Rossi when I was visiting them. He opened with some weird joke about death and everyone sat in uncomfortable silence for a moment. Pompeani broke it with a put-off, "Okay..."

He's a strange bird for sure.

Pompeani is also ridiculous, by the way, in case anyone was wondering.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an insult to someone, I'm sure, but I can't decide who.

Nor do I care.

59387707.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only fair and reasonable thing to do here is to disqualify both teams from the rest of the playoffs

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if we lose it doesn't matter if it was to the Wilkes-Barre Pens or the Western Conference All-Stars. Survive and advance. Elation for the survivors. Despair for the losers.

The jokes on you Penguins' fans, we're used to losing in the second round and emotionally prepared for it! ;)

One could argue that SOME Caps fans are not emotionally prepared for it...

[URL="http://sportshoop.la/threads/round-2-2-pittsburgh-v-1-washington.207436/page-62#post-8366703"] eloco is pissed [/URL]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could argue that SOME Caps fans are not emotionally prepared for it...

eloco is pissed

Eloco was just upset because he ruined the magic of his "It's Over" picture predicting a Cup for the Caps that January. That had been his most reliable image. It was like a death in the family to have its magic stomped on like that.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloco was just upset because he ruined the magic of his "It's Over" picture predicting a Cup for the Caps that January. That had been his most reliable image. It was like a death in the family to have its magic stomped on like that.

No, no, no... it still works for games. It's like 53-0-1 or something crazy now. It just can't be applied to series.

I'm glad that even as a scientist you can admit that it has magic. ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, back to work here. Gotta finish up and get home early because it's a hockey night!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no... it still works for games. It's like 53-0-1 or something crazy now. It just can't be applied to series.

I'm glad that even as a scientist you can admit that it has magic. ;)

But who's counting? :rolleyes:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who's counting? :rolleyes:

I've honestly lost count, it's somewhere between 40 and 100, but where I don't exactly know. I do know it didn't work one time for a Flyers' game in that the Caps lost in OT and it has the opposite effect for non-Capitals teams. I'm a little surprised Milbury and Jones have not brought it up. ;)

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to tell me a magician is not a scientist?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is faulty. Haven't you heard? Hornqvist only hurts our guys now.

If he likes to hurt the penguins, we'll take him.

Reactions: gob

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if we lose it doesn't matter if it was to the Wilkes-Barre Pens or the Western Conference All-Stars. Survive and advance. Elation for the survivors. Despair for the losers.

The jokes on you Penguins' fans, we're used to losing in the second round and emotionally prepared for it! ;)

I am well conditioned to be rooting for the lesser of the two teams in any rivalry. Caps/Pens; Red Sox/Yankees Maryland Basketball/Duke; Redskins/Cowboys. Just because I'm used to it does not mean I'm prepared for it.

On second thought maybe it does......

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to tell me a magician is not a scientist?
A magician is my doctor. I went to see him and he made everything in my wallet disappear.
Now he is trying to send me to some shady guy named Mr I who will supposedly look into my brain to see whats causing my headaches. No way buddy, I wasn't born yesterday.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was subscribed to him for a bit because he was taking some of the best writers in town. I still like Yohe mostly, and Gajtka is also good, but DK himself is insufferable. He loves following all his "people" on twitter to basically censor them, then block them when they go AWOL. He's just...weird. I give him a lot of props for going off on his own and having decent success with it, but everything else about him pisses me off. Literally anything he says about the Pirates is an obnoxious biased rant. They can do no right, and all because they don't give him the same access as the Pens do. He's on the other end of the spectrum with the Pens because they gave him exclusive interviews with Mario/Burkle, so he'll rarely criticize.

He sounds like a poor imitation of Joe Pesci.