• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second Round Pick

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all fronts here.

Ego is kind of an upside pick. Good news is, we're deep as hell on the D-line now. Allen, Houston, Young, Ratliff, Paea, Izzy, Ego, Sutton. Nice deep rotation of guys. Should help keep the older guys like Ratliff and Allen fresh.

Good riddance to the David Bass's of the world.

A shame we still have Conte and Mundy slotted as our starting safeties at the moment. Ugh… I'm fine with Mundy, but please… can we bring someone in the 4th to beat out Conte while he's on the PUP list during camp?

Well moving up four picks ahead of baltimore in the second you could have been talking Allen, Houston, Young, Jernigan, Ratliff, Paea, Sutton. Thats a hugely different conversation. Remember, Izzy is basically a team minimum contract, no guarantee he even makes the team. It was a signing to give some depth if the draft does not go as planned. Honestly, I see Izzy playing more DT than DE if he is here this season.

anyway, watching the CBS sports news ticker, the NBC sports news ticker, notable picks in the second and third round dont mention any bear picks.

Bodies holding offensive linemen off the linebackers is gonna make bostic and greene look like NFL players.

Really like Pittsburgs draft this year, that linebacker Shazier they took has legit 4.3 speed at 230 pounds. The man is a freak. Then Roby and now the Notre Dame kid they could have three starters. We have three rotation guys.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just starting to sound like GB troll. Every body has a right to their opinion .
You can agree or disagree. Just saying don't knock a whole fan base . On a couple posts.
No wonder the other board you posted on got rid of you.:lol:

Woah... That's a low blow, bro. <ha words. Who's to say I'm not on that board posting your "should we take Teddy at 14" thread. And laughing at you.

And WHAT are you talking about? "Knock a whole fan base"? Where are you getting that?
Cheers! Go Bears! (<that proves I'm not a GB fan)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both guys picked in the 2nd & 3rd rd. Ego will solve most the run problems we had last yr. He's a big fuck who can keep opposing O-Line off our LBs. He's just not a pass rusher YET. The other guy ( pretty blitzed after watching the B- hawks get their ass kicked again) . From the video I've seen on him, reminds me of Melton. Read where he put on weight to change positions . Which was his downfall . He got slower and less productive . But he did it for the TEAM. They asked him to, and he complied.
Just wish we could get a FUCKING SAFETY in the next 4 rds.
Well there you go. We traded and moved up pi ked up a FS Vareem, I believe thar is how it is spelled.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ka'Deem Carey
RBJunior5-9⅜, 207 lbsArizona
Scouts Grade
Position Rank
Overall Rank
Arm Length31-5/8"
Hand Size9-3/8"
40-YD Dash4.7
ConferencePAC-12
2014 Draft Pick Info
Team Round PK(OVR)
CHI 4 17(117)
2013 NCAA Football Stats
Attempts YDS TDS
349 1885 19

4.7 40 yard dash for a 207 pounder?

Brock Vereen
DS5-11⅝, 199 lbsMinnesota
Scouts Grade
Position Rank
Overall Rank
Arm Length30"
Hand Size8-1/4"
40-YD Dash4.47
ConferenceBig Ten
2014 Draft Pick Info
Team Round PK(OVR)
CHI 4 31(131)
2013 NCAA Football Stats
Tackles Sacks INT
54 — 1

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated on another thread, I am beginning to like this draft. The Bears are doing exactly as they planned and filling holes.

It will be interesting to see how these guys do in camp.