• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Boston Bruins vs Columbus Blue Jackets

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the McConnell family ought send Bob a years supply of the best imported vodka. Beluga caviar, Cuban Cigars.
Without him tonight....I shudder to think of how ugly this could've been.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuuuuuuuuck.

But after that game, best scenario without a win

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy for Coyle. I liked him when the Sharks drafted him but understood the trade for Burns. Glad he is having success.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game. Jackets timing was way off in the first but once they got it, they showed that they can skate with the Bruins. I think these are the two best teams remaining, and whoever wins this will probably go all the way.

Some thoughts:
- First, when round 1 started my oldest was visiting her grandparents. My middle was out with friends and the youngest was at dance class (Mrs was with her). So, I made dinner for myself. I refused to make dinner for them again last night even though all were home. My son texted the wife and said "Dad's being weird about playoff superstitions and refusing to feed us. Can you bring home pizza?"
- Was pleased with the Jackets discipline. The Bruins are gonna take cheap shots all fucking game to get under your skin and the Jackets knew that and just laughed it off. I loved watching Marchand circling around a scrum flapping his jaw and no one even looking at him.
- The Jackets also seemed to realize that the Bruins will drop like a sack of oatmeal when you lean on or push them. And they matched it. Foligno's dive when he felt a tap on his legs was beautious. Gotta fight fire with fire.
- I hope Zach Werenski's hand doesn't fall off. And I hope he learned his lesson about crying for an offside in OT. It wasn't offside Zachary. And you letting up gave them the space to make that play to win the game.
- Josh Anderson. Love him. Except when he is crying about getting caught. It was a penalty, Joshua. Shut up.
- 3 fucking posts. Argh.
- Duchene and Bjorkstrand need to get some space. Bruins are all in their face. Curious how Torts adjusts.
- Fuck we need Nutivaara back.
- Something is wrong with Pasternak. He was shanking shots and missing passes all night. I hope he doesn't get better.
- Nothing is wrong with Bergeron. Top ten guy in the league, IMO
- I wished we had gotten Charlie Coyle at the deadline. That motherfucker always punches us in the dick.
- We have to get to Rask faster (and cut down the shots against but that's another story). After the second ping pong ball, he looked pissed. If you let him settle, shot count doesn't matter. We blew them out once by jumping on him early. They blew us out by doing the same. And we had an OTL also in the season. Even Steven.
- Why does Boston's anthem singer wear a police line tape tie?

This thing is gonna go seven. And I was impressed with how the Jackets played overall after the first.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I hate Mike Milbury

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math is simple in all sports

Find a way outta Minny.

Build your resume

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I did not like Pins as much this game. I think they blew their wad in the first round. No game tickets (granted I'm already going to 3 and 4), only one jersey, and only one stick. The giveaways were a lot better last round.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I did not like Pins as much this game. I think they blew their wad in the first round. No game tickets (granted I'm already going to 3 and 4), only one jersey, and only one stick. The giveaways were a lot better last round.

Wonder if the Jackets marketing guys didn't expect this either.

"Quick we need to get more signed stuff!"

"But they're in Boston"

Reactions: gob

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess yes.

1) we are a football city. Even with the hype the Jackets have got lately, we're football #1
2) the draft is on ABC. The game is on Fox Sports OH

How is that possible? Here in NE, once it gets to the 2nd round there are no more games on NESN. Only NBC/NBCSN.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his lucky tie as we're all fortunate that we no longer have to hear Rene Rancourt.

giphy.gif

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that possible? Here in NE, once it gets to the 2nd round there are no more games on NESN. Only NBC/NBCSN.
43 corrected me. Since I don't have cable, I don't usually pay attention to what channel it's on and assumed FSOH.