• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Boston Bruins vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never be able to hate Marchand

Marchand and Atkinson were lined up next to each other; before linesman Ryan Gibbons dropped the puck, the Bruins forward used his right foot to step on Atkinson's stick, breaking it.

"I wasn't chirping him, he wasn't chirping me," Atkinson said. "I thought it was broken and then I looked and it just snapped right in half. I was obviously a little bit more upset after the fact but, hey, that's how she goes."
Marchand would accept no blame. In fact, he wryly laid it on Atkinson instead when asked about the incident Friday.

"Yeah, I think he was trying to dull up my [skate] blade there, send me to the room to get it sharpened," Marchand said while smiling mischievously. "It's kind of rude of him to do."

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never be able to hate Marchand

Now that he's replaced cheap shots with master level trolling, it's harder to hate him. I'll give ya that. Funny guy.

Jackets sitting Dzingel and putting in Wennberg. So, Bruins, there's one guy you never have to worry about taking a shot.

The van full of teammates just showed up. Time to make some wings and pizza. Let's hope for a game as good as #1. Bring it back to Columbus even up boys!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time! Let’s go Bruins!

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of wished they mentioned that he played in Columbus... Would have been fitting

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How goes it people? It's been a loooooooong time.

That said, GO BRUINS! This is going to be a fun series... two big teams playing some hard-nose hockey.

Why are you defacing the Bruins logo with that gay as fuck Whalers trash?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think the Bruins will sweep the Jackets but they've got an owner who will never not let the series go seven to get that extra gate and concession take. I hope the next lockout treats that guy well.

:lebowski2:

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How goes it people? It's been a loooooooong time.

That said, GO BRUINS! This is going to be a fun series... two big teams playing some hard-nose hockey.

Nice to see you back Jeff.:)

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he’s a Bruins fan who was a Whaler fan back when they existed.

You can't be both anymore than you can be a Red Sox fan and a Yankee fan at the same time.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game. Jackets timing was way off in the first but once they got it, they showed that they can skate with the Bruins. I think these are the two best teams remaining, and whoever wins this will probably go all the way.

Some thoughts:
- First, when round 1 started my oldest was visiting her grandparents. My middle was out with friends and the youngest was at dance class (Mrs was with her). So, I made dinner for myself. I refused to make dinner for them again last night even though all were home. My son texted the wife and said "Dad's being weird about playoff superstitions and refusing to feed us. Can you bring home pizza?"
- Was pleased with the Jackets discipline. The Bruins are gonna take cheap shots all fucking game to get under your skin and the Jackets knew that and just laughed it off. I loved watching Marchand circling around a scrum flapping his jaw and no one even looking at him.
- The Jackets also seemed to realize that the Bruins will drop like a sack of oatmeal when you lean on or push them. And they matched it. Foligno's dive when he felt a tap on his legs was beautious. Gotta fight fire with fire.
- I hope Zach Werenski's hand doesn't fall off. And I hope he learned his lesson about crying for an offside in OT. It wasn't offside Zachary. And you letting up gave them the space to make that play to win the game.
- Josh Anderson. Love him. Except when he is crying about getting caught. It was a penalty, Joshua. Shut up.
- 3 fucking posts. Argh.
- Duchene and Bjorkstrand need to get some space. Bruins are all in their face. Curious how Torts adjusts.
- Fuck we need Nutivaara back.
- Something is wrong with Pasternak. He was shanking shots and missing passes all night. I hope he doesn't get better.
- Nothing is wrong with Bergeron. Top ten guy in the league, IMO
- I wished we had gotten Charlie Coyle at the deadline. That motherfucker always punches us in the dick.
- We have to get to Rask faster (and cut down the shots against but that's another story). After the second ping pong ball, he looked pissed. If you let him settle, shot count doesn't matter. We blew them out once by jumping on him early. They blew us out by doing the same. And we had an OTL also in the season. Even Steven.
- Why does Boston's anthem singer wear a police line tape tie?

This thing is gonna go seven. And I was impressed with how the Jackets played overall after the first.

Did not read

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of wished they mentioned that he played in Columbus... Would have been fitting
D5GTszxWAAEWfzV