• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Boston Bruins vs Columbus Blue Jackets

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here and :behindsofa:

As long as they are throwing money by the handful over the side of the bandwagon, more power to 'em!

There is no city in the US that wouldn't turn away from hockey in a second to save fat guys running into each other and falling down. Doesn't mean we can't take their money.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here and :behindsofa:

True... OSU is and will always be king here. Doesn't mean we can't embrace 2 sports/organizations eventually. There's got to be plenty of people who are Bruins and Celtics fans.

I'm happy more people are watching and getting excited about hockey here. The more the merrier, even if some of them will only be temporary.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same commish who poo-poos all the science and medical findings linking head trauma/concussions and CTE in hockey, so put me in the camp that a sucker punch to the back of an opposing player's head would likely be ignored.

On that note...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... OSU is and will always be king here. Doesn't mean we can't embrace 2 sports/organizations eventually. There's got to be plenty of people who are Bruins and Celtics fans.

I'm happy more people are watching and getting excited about hockey here. The more the merrier, even if some of them will only be temporary.

NO NO NO! TWO OR MORE SPORTS CANNOT COEXIST! Now for my next spicy meatball - BASEBALL IS BORING TO SOME PEOPLE!

I am loving it around here. The hard core hockey people are having a blast. The people who just love Columbus are having a blast. It's fun. I have had conversations in grocery stores with people because they saw me wearing a hoodie with my son's team logo (which is Jackets colors and has the word "Hockey" on it) and they just wanted to talk hockey. The excitement is palpable. Friends of ours who a year or two ago were only dimly aware of hockey are coming over to watch or having people over to watch at their house.

This is a hockey town. And a football town. Even becoming a bit of a Soccer town. Because the people who live here (well, 95%) just love it here, and love it when local teams have successs. And if that gets them buying tickets and jerseys and signing their kids up to play. Mo' better.

On that note...

Real good look the day after a player gets sucker punched in the back of the head after a whistle on National TV.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile, Panarin bending the laws of physics and shit.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1l4sao.jpg

I'm one of them. They're the only two Boston teams I root for. I like to call myself Half-Chowd.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Meanwhile, Panarin bending the laws of physics and shit.
That's some pussy goaltender math. 1.8% chance of going in?
anyone who's played a decent level can put it upstairs from the bottom of the circle.
impressive as hell how quickly he did it, but there was room.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights game was so god damn frustrating. Bruins looked awful.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I'm serious this time, Bradley. Do it again AND YOU'RE GROUNDED!"

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a little burg near the confluence where 3 counties meet just sw of C'Bus. Kinda a God, guns & guts area, Jackets who?

Wandering around today & yesterday in a special green Blue Jackets hat. Suddenly everyone knows them and where the hell did I find a GREEN hat rather than blue, they want one now, and a green one too. lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a little burg near the confluence where 3 counties meet just sw of C'Bus. Kinda a God, guns & guts area, Jackets who?

Wandering around today & yesterday in a special green Blue Jackets hat. Suddenly everyone knows them and where the hell did I find a GREEN hat rather than blue, they want one now, and a green one too. lol

Pretty amazing how quickly you get to that once you pass the 'burbs.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Edmonton, they charge you $80 just to walk the concourse (no view of the game mind you, but you get to soak in the playoff atmosphere).
But.... Deadmonton.

Wait. Is that $80- Can or US? :)