• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Boston Bruins vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see Marchand is getting suspended for the rest of the series.

Or does that only happen to assholes when they play on the Leafs?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see Marchand is getting suspended for the rest of the series.

Or does that only happen to assholes when they play on the Leafs?
Cheap shot punches to the back of the head don't cause concussions

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...I may have witnessed a divorce.

To somber things a bit

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who didn't see it.
#suspendhisass

Neither did what Kadri did.

He should kneel.

:bolt:

I hate Marchand with every fiber of my being, but I don't understand why you boys want him suspended for a little love tap like that when he's been the best player on Columbus thus far in the series.

Be careful what you wish for.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Marchand with every fiber of my being, but I don't understand why you boys want him suspended for a little love tap like that when he's been the best player on Columbus thus far in the series.

Be careful what you wish for.
I don't really care who wins this series, I'd just like to see consistency from the NHL in disciplinary measures.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC … what ya sposed to do when that whole PP was spent in the Boston zone?

It was just a matter of time before they found a way to get it by Rask.

This is NOT good.

THat was one of the best Power Plays I have seen in a long time. And I disagree. It was very good.

This is ridiculous.

It's clearly a fuggin goal for cryin out loud.

Glad they got that call right. But damn, looked like some B's players had already waved the white flag before that one. Especially Rask.

Reverse psychology never works in sports. You cannot fool the jinx Gods.

YOU HEAR THAT COMEDS?

Pastrnak … who dafuq knows what's goin on in the kid's head. Tryin too hard?

I don't think his hand is healed, and after last night, his knee is probably fucked up too.

I don't really care who wins this series, I'd just like to see consistency from the NHL in disciplinary measures.

You'd have better luck asking for a purple unicorn pegasus on a tricycle handing out aztec gold to leprechauns and saquatch in Atlantis.

Some of my observations:
- Seth Jones will never have to pay for a meal or drink in this town for the remainder of his natural life. Fucking hell, what a coming out party for him.
- As I alluded to above, some B's had given up before the goal. Rask's body language said he didn't want to be there. Shame the Jackets couldn't go for the jugular.
- The Jackets tried to sit on a one goal lead and it almost cost them. I don't expect this will happen again.
- Bob Rov SKI
- Torrey Krug is taking his life into his hands scrapping with notorious tough guy *checks notes* Oliver Bjorkstrand. Hey Torey - try that shit with Josh Anderson. Please?
- Marchand's gonna Machand. League's gonna league. *shrugs*. I do love watching him skate of shame after a PP goal against though.
- Add Milbury's anguished rambling to my list of favorite sounds.

Who knows where it's gonna go, but I am loving the ride right now.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was in no way comparable to Kadri's vicious cross check in the Toronto series.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat was one of the best Power Plays I have seen in a long time. And I disagree. It was very good.

Glad they got that call right. But damn, looked like some B's players had already waved the white flag before that one. Especially Rask.

YOU HEAR THAT COMEDS?

I don't think his hand is healed, and after last night, his knee is probably fucked up too.

You'd have better luck asking for a purple unicorn pegasus on a tricycle handing out aztec gold to leprechauns and saquatch in Atlantis.

Some of my observations:
- Seth Jones will never have to pay for a meal or drink in this town for the remainder of his natural life. Fucking hell, what a coming out party for him.
- As I alluded to above, some B's had given up before the goal. Rask's body language said he didn't want to be there. Shame the Jackets couldn't go for the jugular.
- The Jackets tried to sit on a one goal lead and it almost cost them. I don't expect this will happen again.
- Bob Rov SKI
- Torrey Krug is taking his life into his hands scrapping with notorious tough guy *checks notes* Oliver Bjorkstrand. Hey Torey - try that shit with Josh Anderson. Please?
- Marchand's gonna Machand. League's gonna league. *shrugs*. I do love watching him skate of shame after a PP goal against though.
- Add Milbury's anguished rambling to my list of favorite sounds.

Who knows where it's gonna go, but I am loving the ride right now.
Man, Anderson was out for blood last night, haha... And whiffed a lot.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was in no way comparable to Kadri's vicious cross check in the Toronto series.

Oh, it is comparable. Not equal, but comparable. Blow delivered to the head of a defenceless player. Primary difference was the weapon of choice. Stick versus gloved hand. IIRC, Kadri's hit was delivered with more force. And I will also go out on a limb and say that Marchand did not intend on injury the BJ player, at least not seriously.

Comparable but not equal.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it might be a small fine.