• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also turn that into a drinking game for the alcoholics

51bv3NNKvyL.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, that's something you should probably double or triple check before pushing the button...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, that's something you should probably double or triple check before pushing the button...

The time it takes to double or triple check could be the difference between life and death though. Therein lies the problem with the system itself.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time it takes to double or triple check could be the difference between life and death though. Therein lies the problem with the system itself.

Is 60 seconds going to make that much of a difference before sending out the alert? I mean, if it takes more than a minute to double/triple check that it is not a test, then yes the system needs an overhaul.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also turn that into a drinking game for the alcoholics

Rolling Stone has us covered...

IF YOU DO NOT WATCH TONIGHT:

1. Turn off your television and just drink uninterruptedly until it's over.

IF YOU DO WATCH:

Drink once each time President Trump:

1. Says "believe me," or claims to be the "most (something good)" or the "least (something bad)"

2. Pulls out a "some of my best friends are Haitian" line, or in some other painful way denies being racist. Drink twice if he does so and then also talks about building the Wall.

3. Talks priapismically about the Republican tax cut package, or hints at the great relationship he enjoys with the GOP leadership, causing a cutaway to a mortified Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, as each struggles over whether or not to bite his glass cyanide capsule.

4. Mentions ExxonMobil, Walmart, Apple or any other corporation that reportedly is investing in America because of Trump's tax package.

5. Uses the "pinchy hands" gesture (up to a maximum of three times)

6. Sniffles with suspicious vigorousness (again, maximum three shots)

7. Pulls a Kobe special and overcompliments his wife in embarrassingly public fashion in the wake of the Stormy Daniels story.

8. Says something is "tremendous." Drink twice if the thing in question was totally not tremendous, e.g., "What a tremendous first year this administration had."

9. Causes a lawmaker to walk out mid-speech.

10. Makes veiled/unveiled threat to North Korea that increases the chance that Guam will be annihilated before the end of the speech.

11. Mentions the 702 Surveillance Reauthorization. Drink twice if you see members from both parties cheering.

12. Mentions Jay-Z, Meryl Streep, Michael Wolff, Steve Bannon, "Fake News" CNN or Dianne Feinstein. Double shot for "FBI lovers" Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, "Dicky" Durbin, "Cryin'" Chuck Schumer, or "Crazy" Jim Acosta.

13. Mentions a "witch hunt." Wrap arms with your friend and "collude" to drink each others' shots if the word "collusion" is used instead.

14. Mispronounces "Nazarbayev" or some similar personage. Double shot if he mispronounces Davos or talks about how much the Swiss love him.

15. Mentions in admiring fashion Dr. King, Abraham Lincoln or some other defenseless dead person. Take a vote within your group to decide if Bob Dole counts.

AFTER THE SPEECH:

1. THE VAN JONES RULE: Finish the ENTIRE BOTTLE of whatever you are drinking if anyone on any of the major networks describes the speech as "presidential" or says something along the lines of: "He became president tonight."

2. THE LOU DOBBS RULE: If at the end of the speech you are not yet inebriated, turn to the Fox Business channel and take two despair shots.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 60 seconds going to make that much of a difference before sending out the alert? I mean, if it takes more than a minute to double/triple check that it is not a test, then yes the system needs an overhaul.
It didn't say in the story I read this morning if the button man did try to verify at all, only said that he didn't hear the "Exercise, exercise, exercise" part of the message to test the alert system, but given that it was a shift change and it was the night-manager instructing the day crew to perform the test I suppose it's possible that the night manager left his post after issuing the test and wasn't available for confirmation.

Regardless, such an alert or request to test should be coming from an organization like NORAD, not Billy the fucking Luau King slash night manager of emergency preparedness.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reports that if NK launched an ICBM to Hawaii it could hit in as little as 20 minutes. Allowing (wild guess I could be way off on how long this would take) 3-5 minutes for NORAD to identify and confirm the launch, 60 seconds does seem like it would make a big difference when you've only got 15-17 minutes to get to a safe location.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reports that if NK launched an ICBM to Hawaii it could hit in as little as 20 minutes. Allowing (wild guess I could be way off on how long this would take) 3-5 minutes for NORAD to identify and confirm the launch, 60 seconds does seem like it would make a big difference when you've only got 15-17 minutes to get to a safe location.

I guess I just hope we never have to worry about having enough time to get to a safe location - Isn't Elon Musk working on the colonization of Mars? My kids are essentially grown, so I don't have to worry about it not being a great place to raise your kids.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just hope we never have to worry about having enough time to get to a safe location - Isn't Elon Musk working on the colonization of Mars? My kids are essentially grown, so I don't have to worry about it not being a great place to raise your kids.
Still cold as hell though, which...

*opens window*

Fuck it. Less traffic there too.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reports that if NK launched an ICBM to Hawaii it could hit in as little as 20 minutes. Allowing (wild guess I could be way off on how long this would take) 3-5 minutes for NORAD to identify and confirm the launch, 60 seconds does seem like it would make a big difference when you've only got 15-17 minutes to find someone with a large mountain of cocaine

fifme because is there really a safe location with 15 minutes notice lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

backyard rinks would be much easier to put together :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.