• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there, Jimmy (those Winnipeg summer days can be brutally hot)

Jimmy Carter taken for observation after suffering from dehydration - CNNPolitics.com

/Obligatory

malaise_forever-211x300.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, olds.

It's not easy these days for anybody, that's for sure BBB. I wish I was clever enough to suggest what needs to change, but I don't know of any easy answers. What I do know if that I'll likely be working until the age of 70 to try to help out my daughters as much as possible.

Last edited:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not easy these days for anybody, that's for sure BBB. I wish I was clever enough to suggest what needs to change, but I don't know of any easy answers. What I do know if that I'll likely be working until the age of 70 to try to help out mu daughters as much as possible.

Retirement somehow went from buggering off at 55 to enjoy life to taking a less stressful job at 65 as a means of survival.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are few ideas more closely associated with Donald Trump than his dream of a massive wall along the U.S./Mexico border – which, he’s assured the public, will be financed by Mexico. In a lengthy chat with reporters aboard Air Force One this week, the president made clear that this remains a top priority.

In fact, as the partial transcript shows, it’s apparently a subject to which he’s given some thought.

“One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can’t see through that wall – so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall.

“And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them – they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs.”

As best as I can tell, Trump was being quite serious. When the president says he wants “transparency” in this project, he’s being literal: he wants people to able to see through the border wall, in order to be able to protect themselves from 60-pound bags of drugs that Mexicans will somehow catapult over Trump’s beloved wall.

Trump's case for his border wall gets quite a bit stranger

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my posts seem quicker and more modern it's because I ordered a new tablet. I paid extra to have it delivered quickly so it should be here by 9pm last night. So perhaps later today!

If my posts are as stale and as old as before; I hit some Gypsy guy, hired a fancy lawyer (Eloco) and got off, and as I left court his wife touched me and said "stupid".

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my posts seem quicker and more modern it's because I ordered a new tablet. I paid extra to have it delivered quickly so it should be here by 9pm last night. So perhaps later today!

If my posts are as stale and as old as before; I hit some Gypsy guy, hired a fancy lawyer (Eloco) and got off, and as I left court his wife touched me and said "stupid".

thinnermantegna.jpg

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are few ideas more closely associated with Donald Trump than his dream of a massive wall along the U.S./Mexico border – which, he’s assured the public, will be financed by Mexico. In a lengthy chat with reporters aboard Air Force One this week, the president made clear that this remains a top priority.

In fact, as the partial transcript shows, it’s apparently a subject to which he’s given some thought.

“One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can’t see through that wall – so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall.

“And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them – they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs.”

As best as I can tell, Trump was being quite serious. When the president says he wants “transparency” in this project, he’s being literal: he wants people to able to see through the border wall, in order to be able to protect themselves from 60-pound bags of drugs that Mexicans will somehow catapult over Trump’s beloved wall.

I saw this on twitter, and honestly thought it was an onion or SNL joke on Trump thinking of the word in literal terms. I can't believe it's true.

The Trump Presidency: blurring the lines between reality and satire.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on twitter, and honestly thought it was an onion or SNL joke on Trump thinking of the word in literal terms. I can't believe it's true.

The Trump Presidency: blurring the lines between reality and satire.

His whole conversation on the topic reminds me of this:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was awesome.

I remember when Sinclair started all the Swift Boat bullshit, and do my best to avoid them. When I first moved to Columbus, I noticed the ABC station and the Fox station had the same logos and anchors and one did the news at 10 and one at 11, so I looked it up. Yep, Sinclair. And i am not joking, it's the same newscast, just at different times on two "different" stations.

Haven't watched either station's local news in 8 years. I trust the crazy guy on 5th and Nelson who yells at cars to provide more usable information.

Status
Not open for further replies.