• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN should have taken the high road and just let this reddit user Trump video story fade away, but instead they pumped more life into it and now they're getting hammered on-line 10x worse. Fareed Zakaria is about the only good thing remaining at CNN these days.

The Reddit user had faced criticism after it emerged he had repeatedly used racial slurs and posted antisemitic images to the site. In one post, HanAssholeSolo called for another commenter to “keep up the good work until the last Islamic piece of shit is wiped from the planet”.

....“I would also like to apologize for the posts made that were racist, bigoted, and antisemitic. I am in no way this kind of person, I love and accept people of all walks of life and have done so for my entire life."

Yeah, why would people think someone who endorses genocide is bigoted? Crazy.

The username cracks me up though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was frozen in carbonite for about 12 parsecs, but I successfully made the Phil Kessel run and got it thawed.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i see the word HanAssholeSolo, all i can think of is Hope Solo and open faced roast beef sandwiches :noidea:

/brb ... gotta go look at something

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was frozen in carbonite for about 12 parsecs, but I successfully made the Phil Kessel run and got it thawed.

Speaking of the Kessel Run, a friend of mine, I learned recently, had never seen Star Wars, so I corrected that with IV and V yesterday. There were two things I noticed in IV that I never had before.

1. Obi-Wan's eye roll when Han Solo said his ship made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs, which is pretty much in line with the director's note that Han was just BSing and Obi-Wan wasn't buying it. I'd just never seen it before.

2. This one bothered me a bit, but Biggs was Luke's good friend from back home, but Luke barely reacted when Biggs died, and they never even thought about it afterward. I mean, I know everyone was celebrating the destruction of the Death Star, but geez, they totally glossed over the death of someone who was clearly shown to be an actual, maybe even life-long friend of Luke's. Just kind of a weird decision, I thought.

Also, the next time I watch, I'm going to count all of Leia and Han's one-liners to see who has more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also come to realize that, with each passing year in graduate school, I relate increasingly to C-3PO.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're on the whole Star Wars thing.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were I inclined to share pictures of myself here, you would realize exactly how accurate that is right now, since I haven't had a haircut since last August, and I've not trimmed my beard since last November.

Need to find some way to stay warm during those cold, unforgiving Arizona summers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I've gathered from today's discussion is that Darkstone wouldn't be offended if we called him scruffy?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an intereting tidbit I came across. Really speaks to me about the global economy, inflation and globalization.

In Jamaica you can get a steak and kidney pie for €1.75, a chicken and mushroom pie for €1.60 and an apple pie for €2.15.

In St Kitts and Nevis a steak and kidney pie will cost you €2, a chicken pie (without mushrooms) is €1.70 and a cherry pie can be yours for €1.95.

In Trinidad ,Barbados ,Tobago, and Dominica that steak and kidney pie comes in at €2.50, but you can two for €3.50, while the chicken and mushroom pie is €2.25, or two for €3.25. They also offer meat and potato pie for €2, or two for €3. Their apple pies and cherry pies are often sold for €2.75, or two (any combination) for €4.75.

Those are the Pie Rates of the Caribbean.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. This one bothered me a bit, but Biggs was Luke's good friend from back home, but Luke barely reacted when Biggs died, and they never even thought about it afterward. I mean, I know everyone was celebrating the destruction of the Death Star, but geez, they totally glossed over the death of someone who was clearly shown to be an actual, maybe even life-long friend of Luke's. Just kind of a weird decision, I thought.

Deleted scene from the script explains that better:

Luke looks at picture of Biggs then looks up teary eyed. Han knocks softly.

"C'mon kid, we're going to get medals - well everyone except Chewy."

Luke smiles, sets Biggs picture down next to a copy of "Y-Tighter" magazine and rushes out to join Han.

So, originally it was handled more delicately.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an intereting tidbit I came across. Really speaks to me about the global economy, inflation and globalization.

In Jamaica you can get a steak and kidney pie for €1.75, a chicken and mushroom pie for €1.60 and an apple pie for €2.15.

In St Kitts and Nevis a steak and kidney pie will cost you €2, a chicken pie (without mushrooms) is €1.70 and a cherry pie can be yours for €1.95.

In Trinidad ,Barbados ,Tobago, and Dominica that steak and kidney pie comes in at €2.50, but you can two for €3.50, while the chicken and mushroom pie is €2.25, or two for €3.25. They also offer meat and potato pie for €2, or two for €3. Their apple pies and cherry pies are often sold for €2.75, or two (any combination) for €4.75.

Those are the Pie Rates of the Caribbean.

If it's a tasty pie, with tip it should come out to a total of €3.14.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a tasty pie, with tip it should come out to a total of €3.14.

189.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.