• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC athletic director named playoff chairman / Selection committee introduced

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have just used the top 4 from the BCS...

Winner.

I have hated the idea of a selection committee since the first time ESPN started pushing for it.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner.

I have hated the idea of a selection committee since the first time ESPN started pushing for it.

they are just opening themselves up for a shit storm of epic proportions.

Think there were gripes before? How mad can you get at computers.

This committee is in for some serious criticism in every year they are in charge.

2 or more fan bases likely will bitch and moan to the point of implosion.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win titles, not conferences. Over half of your conference is terrible. You can pimp out Bama if you want, they're about the only legit BCS title contender in the SEC. If UF had any kind of offense, ya'll would be up there, too....

over half of no bcs conference is "terrible"

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Long is on CFB Live right now.

Criteria he mentioned.

Win Loss record
Strength of Schedule
vs like opponents
margin of victory

:yahoo:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long

"injuries will be taken into consideration when choosing the 4 teams."

WTF???????????????????????

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
each committee will have 3 years.

Then replaced with new members.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they say - real meaning

We aren't getting paid. - above board. Bribes...uh I mean perks and packages okay

Injuries will be taken into account. - if an SEC team loses we will throw it out if their punter was hurt

Schedule strength matters. - unless you're SEC because well, you know, week in week out. Here comes Chattanooga

We aren't representing any school or conference. - my job is dependent on how much money my school brings in. More teams from my conference means more money

Also note how the conference and school feeds are all congratulating "their" guy

We want transparency. - we won't tell you what was discussed or who voted which way

Yep, this is waaaay better. :L

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former generals and politicians? Keep those dickheads out of CFB, please.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys sure get worked up about nothing. It's always a pro-SEC conspiracy, except that it isn't:

The other nine members all primarily have ties to the major conferences, with the Pac-12 and Big Ten wielding the most weight. Four members have Pac-12 ties: USC AD Pat Haden, former NCAA executive and Oregon player Tom Jernstedt, former Stanford and Washington coach Tyrone Willingham, and current Stanford professor and former provost Condoleezza Rice. Rice is the one committee member that has never played college athletics nor worked in an athletic department. However, the Stanford AD did report to her in her role as provost.

While Rice may do a fine job as a member of this committee, and the people at the Playoff HQ are fawning all over her at every opportunity, I don't get her inclusion at all. I have a great deal of respect for her professional accomplishments, but she stands out as the least involved in college athletics, and football in particular, of any of her colleagues.

Three committee members have Big Ten ties, and two of those are Big Red. Tom Osborne is, of course, the legendary former Nebraska coach and athletic director, while Barry Alvarez played at Nebraska and is the Hall of Fame former coach of Wisconsin and now serves as AD. Willingham is a former player at Michigan State.

The SEC has three members with ties as well, if you count retired USA Today writer Steve Weiberg, who is a Missouri grad from back when the Tigers were in the Big Eight.

So for PAC fans to be posting here, when you have the most influence seems kind of silly to me.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football Playoff selection committee

here is a link to the members of the College Football Playoff selection committee, just wondering if anyone thinks these are good people to be on the committee or not. I know a lot are talking about Rice and wonder why she is on the committee. I don't have an opinion one way or the other just wanted to hear what some others think.

Meet the College Football Playoff selection committee