• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC athletic director named playoff chairman / Selection committee introduced

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:mod:

Move this thread to CfB boards pls. No clue how it ended up here

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks mod!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has damn few friends on that committee! But to tell you the hard cold truth, Mark, it won't make any difference for the next few years. As long as Stoops is at OU we won't win another NC. His staff is not a NC quality staff and his recruiting is pathetic. OU is so damn thin at so many positions because he can't stock players.....his pitch to the recruits is not going to bring in the quality of talent we need to be a playoff contender. Pisses me off too. But at least that committee can't screw us when we won't have a chance to get screwed because of u.g.l.y losses every year under a coach who basically hates the fans and has only one real goal every season: keep Castigione and Boren satisfied with "good enough".

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fitting, as the SEC is the "chairman" of the CFB world.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is supposed to be one AD from each of the Power Conferences, and there is.

Big 12 WVU AD Oliver Luck
B1G Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez
PAC 12 USC AD Pat Haden
ACC Clemson AD Dan Radakovich
SEC Arkansas AD Jeff Long

Every one of them will have a bunch of new, really rich friends next year.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has damn few friends on that committee! But to tell you the hard cold truth, Mark, it won't make any difference for the next few years. As long as Stoops is at OU we won't win another NC. His staff is not a NC quality staff and his recruiting is pathetic. OU is so damn thin at so many positions because he can't stock players.....his pitch to the recruits is not going to bring in the quality of talent we need to be a playoff contender. Pisses me off too. But at least that committee can't screw us when we won't have a chance to get screwed because of u.g.l.y losses every year under a coach who basically hates the fans and has only one real goal every season: keep Castigione and Boren satisfied with "good enough".

Quit whining. You think Stoops doesn't like Oklahoma fans? Produce the Stoops recording!!!!

At Nebraska we have pretty darn good evidence, I give you exhibit A: Bo Pelini. Bo Pelini On Nebraska Fans: "Fuck You, Fans. Fuck All Of You."

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit whining. You think Stoops doesn't like Oklahoma fans? Produce the Stoops recording!!!!

At Nebraska we have pretty darn good evidence, I give you exhibit A: Bo Pelini. Bo Pelini On Nebraska Fans: "Fuck You, Fans. Fuck All Of You."

Come on, man. If you had listened to as many Stoops press conferences and after game interviews as I have (and a multitude of other OU fans have) it's obvious as hell that Stoops has a condescending attitude toward the fans. He bristles when he's asked questions at the banquets. He gives snide answers to anyone who questions what he was doing in a particular situation. He's just as conceited as Gary Gibbs was and is as tone deaf as Howard Schnellenberger was when it comes to giving a little when the occasion calls for it. Stoops learned under Steve Spurrier and it shows big time. Pelini is just a prick. I told the Nebraska fans who I know that they would end up hating the guy. Callahan could give Pelini charm lessons.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man. If you had listened to as many Stoops press conferences and after game interviews as I have (and a multitude of other OU fans have) it's obvious as hell that Stoops has a condescending attitude toward the fans. He bristles when he's asked questions at the banquets. He gives snide answers to anyone who questions what he was doing in a particular situation. He's just as conceited as Gary Gibbs was and is as tone deaf as Howard Schnellenberger was when it comes to giving a little when the occasion calls for it. Stoops learned under Steve Spurrier and it shows big time. Pelini is just a prick. I told the Nebraska fans who I know that they would end up hating the guy. Callahan could give Pelini charm lessons.

So basically you're saying he forgot everything he learned while at KSU under Coach Snyder, the master game planner?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking I know.

Entire committee announced. Big XII got fucked as they have nobody with ties to that conference on the committee and no WVU AD does not count.

NCAAF Hogs' Jeff Long to lead committee - ESPN

Don't forget, 11 years at Michigan as associate athletic director. Michigan doesn't need to do shit now, automatic bid in the playoffs what what!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they picked a SEC team that doesn't have an interest in football

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they picked a SEC team that doesn't have an interest in football

He has an interest in the money that multiple SEC teams in the CFP would bring to his school.

That's exactly why this committee is worse than the coaches poll in conflict of interest

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people are calling him an SEC guy,

Long’s ties to Michigan also extended to current head coach Brady Hoke. The two attended Fairmont East High School in Kettering, Ohio, and were teammates on the football and baseball teams.
Two decades later, Long was in the midst of his administrative career at U-M when Hoke was hired by Lloyd Carr as a Michigan football assistant in 1995.
When Hoke returned to Michigan as head coach in 2011, Long told the Detroit Free Press, “When I saw he got hired, I got chills. Michigan for Brady is everything college football should be when it was competing at a high level. There's that Michigan mystique. He embraces it and wants it back."
Additionally, Long’s wife, the former Fanny Gellrich, is an Ann Arbor native.