• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners at Our Texas Rangers 4/14 - 4/17

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-7 is something else. Just keep hanging in there by the skin of our teeth. Starting pitching has been great for the most part.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday night. And yes, I'm hoping - maybe praying - for me to be on a hot streak. Fielder needs something.

Well, you made the call tonight so Saturday night it is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-7 is something else. Just keep hanging in there by the skin of our teeth. Starting pitching has been great for the most part.

I just don't see the offense really coming around until we get Beltre back. Though Kouzmanoff is doing his best Beltre impression at the plate.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a walk off two posts before you but it doesn't mean I know jack squat. Figured I might as well throw something to the wind.

Well congrats.....I was perhaps too busy standing on my soap box to notice. haha

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the offense really coming around until we get Beltre back. Though Kouzmanoff is doing his best Beltre impression at the plate.

You are right. Pitching, defense and good execution. They can't afford any stupid mistakes or it is just too difficult to overcome. Ross, Darvish and Perez have done well. Colby did for 5 innings then wore out but that was to be expected. Tanner not so much. But Harrison will be up in a few weeks hopefully pitching well. Baker went to 3-0 tonight and Tepesch had his first bad start the other night. So eventually Tanner will be in the pen which should help tremendously.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do teams pitch to moss? :L

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be damned..... Oakland is winning 4-1 and I think they play the Astros next. This is bad.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be damned..... Oakland is winning 4-1 and I think they play the Astros next. This is bad.

Oh my God, shut the fuck up about Oakland. It's fucking April you stupid fuck.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God, shut the fuck up about Oakland. It's fucking April you stupid fuck.

Are you serious bro? Look at the state of our team. I'm keeping tabs on Oakland because I'm hoping they don't run away with the damn division before Profar, Soto, Holland, and Beltre get back. It really is a bad situation, I wouldn't care what Oakland was doing if our team was healthy, but every day is a battle to stay in it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. Pitching, defense and good execution. They can't afford any stupid mistakes or it is just too difficult to overcome. Ross, Darvish and Perez have done well. Colby did for 5 innings then wore out but that was to be expected. Tanner not so much. But Harrison will be up in a few weeks hopefully pitching well. Baker went to 3-0 tonight and Tepesch had his first bad start the other night. So eventually Tanner will be in the pen which should help tremendously.

I agree with ya for the most part. I say for the most part, b/c we make stupid mistakes constantly. If you sat and made yourself truly insane, exam last nights game as example # 1.

I thought Colby was excellent. Ran out of gas; predictably so. And let's hope Harrison shows up with a vengeance when he does return. Big fan of this guy. Actually think he and Colby - kind of mentally for sure - are cut from the same piece of cloth.

Good observations

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious bro? Look at the state of our team. I'm keeping tabs on Oakland because I'm hoping they don't run away with the damn division before Profar, Soto, Holland, and Beltre get back. It really is a bad situation, I wouldn't care what Oakland was doing if our team was healthy, but every day is a battle to stay in it.

I'm not your bro, son.

Considering the state of our roster considering all our injuries we just need to be happy with a record above .500 at the end of April. Worry about the standings later. Right now we're in survival mode. No sense in worrying about what other teams are doing 15 games into the season. It's just as senseless as Bennie going on a rant every time we lost a game and responding to people telling him it's just one game with, "How many games did we lose the division by last year?"

Guess what? We're going to lose some games. With the way our roster has taken hits we should be happy to be in the hunt a month from now. You can't win a division in April, but you can sure lose one. In other words, if we play ourselves our of the race this month it won't matter what Oakland or any other team did. You don't play yourself out of the division in April with .500 or above baseball.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not your bro, son.

Considering the state of our roster considering all our injuries we just need to be happy with a record above .500 at the end of April. Worry about the standings later. Right now we're in survival mode. No sense in worrying about what other teams are doing 15 games into the season. It's just as senseless as Bennie going on a rant every time we lost a game and responding to people telling him it's just one game with, "How many games did we lose the division by last year?"

Guess what? We're going to lose some games. With the way our roster has taken hits we should be happy to be in the hunt a month from now. You can't win a division in April, but you can sure lose one. In other words, if we play ourselves our of the race this month it won't matter what Oakland or any other team did. You don't play yourself out of the division in April with .500 or above baseball.

I suspect you're nipping on that fine whiskey again, b/c you NAILED this one. :yahoo:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not your bro, son.

I guess so..... At this point it matters what we do more then what Oakland does, I understand that we have to keep ourselves in it. Still would be nice to see the A's lose every now and then.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so..... At this point it matters what we do more then what Oakland does, I understand that we have to keep ourselves in it. Still would be nice to see the A's lose every now and then.

Worry about the A's when we play them. That's all we can control about the A's record.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what this team has that has been missing the past 2 seasons? Swagger. This team has swagger and I think this is really going to benefit as the season progresses as we get healthy and have more talent. If you told me we'll go 8-7 the first 15 games even with everyone healthy I still would have been pleased but if you told me we'd have that record despite so many injuries and the offense especially JPA shitting the bed then I would have been absolutely ecstatic.

TexasPower

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is clutch that was a helluva game from him.

Like a few guys here mentioned we just need to play .500 ball and the rest will fall into place when we get healthy again. Maybe we get a half-decent start out of Scheppers tomorrow. Sure would be nice to see Prince put together a multi-hit game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you Baseball Town in our league :)

I just checked and I guess I wisely cut Rodney. I have Rodriguez instead now. WHEW. Night just got that much better.

I still got good points for it, but Cliff Lee threw a CG, giving up 1 run. TOok the loss 1-0 :pound:

Baseball Town is my rags of a team

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is clutch that was a helluva game from him.

Like a few guys here mentioned we just need to play .500 ball and the rest will fall into place when we get healthy again. Maybe we get a half-decent start out of Scheppers tomorrow. Sure would be nice to see Prince put together a multi-hit game.

Scheppers needs to avoid the big inning, he pitched well for about 6 innings last time and just had the one bad inning, spefically the one really bad pitch to Grossman for the 3 run shot

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout cannot catch up to the high inside fastball and can't lay off it in 2 strike counts either.