• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle has issues

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike most players who just want enough to get by?

I'm not taking a shot at Kaep in general. Look what Flacco did after winning the SB. IMO he deserved to get a decent contract, but got extremely overpaid. Anytime more money is on the table 99% of young athletes are going to take it, due to their rookie contracts. Again why do you think he did the ESPN Photo-shoot and all the offseason commercials?

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning makes what? 20+ million a year? He probably does more commercials than any other player.

Flacco and Kaepernick are actually in a commercial together this year having a throwing contest....

Why is it such a big deal for some people that Kaepernick does commercials? Most of them do. And its not like most commercials use athletes that don't make a lot of money and are trying to supplement their incomes... they typically go after the big name players who already make a lot of money.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really though, who gives a shit? Are YOU paying CK? If someone came up to you right now and offered you $500k to do a commercial, would you do it even if you know that it may not be true or accurate? If you say you would turn it down, then you are either a) lying or b) an idiot.

He's trying to get paid. I can't fault him for that. Neither should you.

As a fan I'm just expecting him to hold himself accountable for his play. Whether or not he is getting paid means nothing to me, nor should it to you. We are fans. I'm not getting paid or receiving incentives for Kaep or any other player. So to object to what I expect is asinine. It's just my opinion.

Get over it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning makes what? 20+ million a year? He probably does more commercials than any other player.

Flacco and Kaepernick are actually in a commercial together this year having a throwing contest....

Why is it such a big deal for some people that Kaepernick does commercials? Most of them do. And its not like most commercials use athletes that don't make a lot of money and are trying to supplement their incomes... they typically go after the big name players who already make a lot of money.

Montana did commercials, had his own TV segment during season. No big deal.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything it is giving Seattle fans props. Any great story that has ever been told has exaggerated the truth. The truth is boring. They could have shown him or a number of players showing up to the stadium and not a single fan is there to greet him. That is boring. It is for entertainment and to sell a product. it is a compliment. They chose Seattle because they have a tough home field. Raider fans would have been proud of that commercial. If you want reality, they could have shown a guy designing a great stadium listening to beats by dre, filling it with average over reactive fans that benefit from said stadium, and then Kaepernick going in there cool and collected and having a shitty game.

Just for the record.. you think he is going to return them???

Russell-Wilson-Seahawks-Saints-Pregame-630x419.jpg

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think that's why most Seahawks fan dislike the commercial. I for one don't mind that it's Kaepernick walking into what is presumed CenturyLink all calm and collected. It gets the job done for the product whether it's true or not. What bothers me is that it portrays what is presumed the Seahawk fan base as an overall violent fan base.

I really like the commercial and thought it was a good idea. outside of Seattle, my guess is the majority of America sees the concept of the commercial, not actually believe it portrays real people. we've been treated to so many good commercials over so many years, we look for the imagination of the sell.

who the hell actually believe the people in commercials aren't actors?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's why most Seahawks fan dislike the commercial. I for one don't mind that it's Kaepernick walking into what is presumed CenturyLink all calm and collected. It gets the job done for the product whether it's true or not. What bothers me is that it portrays what is presumed the Seahawk fan base as an overall violent fan base.

Its not just the Seahawks. Its all Seattle sports teams that have violent fanbases.

Speaking from experience from attending several Mariner, Seahawk, and Husky games

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just the Seahawks. Its all Seattle sports teams that have violent fanbases.

Speaking from experience from attending several Mariner, Seahawk, and Husky games

Don't forget the Seattle Sounders. Sounders fan stabbed and killed a teacher earlier this year. Seattle fans are awful, all over the board. From college to what they call a MLB team, no class. And this is coming from a Raider fan.....

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fucking commercial. Geebus! Get over it. According to commercials, there is also a representation of RW and CK actually having a friendship, beer that somehow makes women in bikinis pop up like weeds around you, and a fucking bear that believes a certain toilet paper is soft and should be used over any other. If you are expecting accuracy with your commercials, then you are an idiot.

It's advertising and by nature of the beast, they bend the truth in order to do their job, which is to sell the product. If you are truly going to get bent because of it, then you are far too soft.

How is this not true? Happens every single time I open a beer.

Maybe you are drinking the wrong beer....just sayin...:suds:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want reality, they could have shown a guy designing a great stadium listening to beats by dre, filling it with average over reactive fans that benefit from said stadium,

Are you aware that every single dome in the NFL has an acoustic advantage over the Clink?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I can only take this as sarcastic.

in my experience (granted limited) in Seattle and Northwest (Portland Tacoma, and smaller towns), very VERY good people. been to Seahawk, Husky, and Cougar games, and have great experiences with the people there.

but the point is........who the hell believes the commercial is real life?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware that every single dome in the NFL has an acoustic advantage over the Clink?

That's not true at all. The Clink is designed to catch the noise. The empty space in the roof is over the field. There are curved canopies over the actual crowd that are there to keep noise in. Plus the seats are closer to the field than any other stadium. The fans are right on top of the players. In the endzone (maybe both) they have aluminum seats, that get crazy loud when stomped on. I found this.

How CenturyLink Field in Seattle Broke the Guinness Noise Record | TIME.com

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true at all. The Clink is designed to catch the noise. The empty space in the roof is over the field. There are curved canopies over the actual crowd that are there to keep noise in.

Curved canopies. You mean like a partial DOME?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that bothered me about the commercial was its lack of honesty. They made Kap look cool and composéd and left out him pissing himself whenever he goes to Seattle.

Lets let it be known that Wilson lights it up at Candlestick. 6-13 last year QB rating of 38. 15-25 this year qb rating of 81. So does he piss his pants in SF?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because of the area I live in but the first beats commercial I saw was KG going into Madison Square Garden to play the Knicks and fan's doing exactly the same thing. I haven't heard about New Yorkers boycotting because of the commercial. People in Seattle need to relax they were just trying to show the most hostile environment they could and how well their head phones work. It is a commercial after all. I did like how they had just about every color the SeaChickens uniforms have ever been in the commercial.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article also says that the design was a happy ACCIDENT.

Niemuth, however, did not anticipate the sound effects of the curved canopies. He calls this result a “happy accident.”

So first your stadium had no acoustical advantage, then he shows a link that proves in detail that there is clearly an advantage and you respond by saying..... well, it wasn't on purpose... ???

LMFAO. He is just covering at Paul Allens request, they knew they had a bunch of average fans and needed to do something to make them loud and they designed it to suit that need.

My argument has at least as much credibility as you coming in here trying to pretend the design of clink doesn't amplify the sound.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because of the area I live in but the first beats commercial I saw was KG going into Madison Square Garden to play the Knicks and fan's doing exactly the same thing. I haven't heard about New Yorkers boycotting because of the commercial. People in Seattle need to relax they were just trying to show the most hostile environment they could and how well their head phones work. It is a commercial after all. I did like how they had just about every color the SeaChickens uniforms have ever been in the commercial.

Totally.... they just took the basic look of our biggest rival and the fans that talk the most trash about Kaepernick. Just like knicks are to KG. It was never intended to be a slight on Seattle. These people are very uptight that are upset about this.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should take this as a compliment.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Seattle Sounders. Sounders fan stabbed and killed a teacher earlier this year. Seattle fans are awful, all over the board. From college to what they call a MLB team, no class. And this is coming from a Raider fan.....
"BeaverShaver: Errrbody Murder Somebody"

Yeah, if you could refrain from throwing stones from your glass house in the ghetto, that'd be great. :L